Waste Connections Employee Reviews

They have very productive work days .
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 21, 2017
Their are a great garbage company to work for abt their very supportive. Their truck are good working trucks and the workers are fun and great helpers.
Horrible pay and vacation
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 17, 2017
Management claims to care but if you voice concerns or disagree with them then you might as well start looking for a new job. There are some great people, but the few managers who think it is their way or the highway ruin the culture. You can get paid far better else where to do the same job and the benefits and time off policies are pathetic.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Pay, vacation, upper management
Only ignorant "yes men" get paid decent
driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2017
Typical day pick up 1000 homes,make 2 trips to the landfill while the company snitch,butt kissers have easy routes and same or more pay.If you clock inat 5am,plan on clocking out at 4pm at the earliest.Required to pick up couches,and other heavy furniture items on routes and put them in a front load truck.When the truck is damaged because of this,the management blames the drivers.The pay is not determined on merit or seniority.It is based on how much you pretend you are happy in the mornings when you walk in and your willingness to snitch on other employess and if you a dummy who votes no on a union vote you are gold to them for a while.If you work for these guys,I suggest you contact a UNION.
Pros
alone during the day, perfect company to UNIONIZE
Cons
pay scale, working hours in the heat, stupidity
Not a good permanent position
solid waste collection driver (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 9, 2017
The company itself is very wonderful however the individual casper location is not very good to work at due to small district there is no room for advancement the manager simply put is a snake in the grass who coddles certain employees says one thing yet proves otherwise I do not recommend working for this place unless management and mechanics are replaced
Pros
stable work
Cons
manager
Diesle tech
Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Pueblo coMarch 8, 2017
Was a good place but to meany back and it's always one person's fault no one else's. Some of the people like drivers where cool but had poor shop management.
Trucks are also old and run down they don't want to spend the money to fix them. They just wait till they get approved for new trucks.
Pros
Some people are nice. Learned a little about hydralics. Main boss of the office was really nice.
Cons
Managment and shop leads are poor quality. Not enuf time to do projects. Needed more training, insted of being thrown in to a mess.
Terrible
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXMarch 6, 2017
Great guys to work with supervisor was awesome. But regional supervisor talked you up and if one thing doesn't go his way he wants to shove you out the door. Any accident you get in rather even if police declare it not your fault the company turns it around on you and you get suspended without pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything but pay.
Sorry place to wirk dumb managerz
Worker (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Sorry place to work, getting paid 8.50 helper to work hard labor, the managers are dumb as a rock and only do audits OK once every couple months which everyone knows when they are. The helpers smoke weed drink behind the trucks this is by far the worst job ever, the drivers were the best ppl around except for the ones dat have been their for a while think their Foreman's. Best advice stay away they have cameras alot rules like they pay alot nk jib security ignorant non educared managers..
Pros
None see helpers dig and find goods worthore then their pay.
Cons
Pay, managers, raggedy equipment, absurd rules.
Eh
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 14, 2017
There is a lot of hype about the company and how great they are but if you don't play by their rules...game's over. The field positions and people are awesome...corporate needs some work.
Pros
Field folks are great, travel time if you like that
Cons
No room for error, no benefit of the doubt
Was a great place to work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2017
I've never quit a job. I've only ever quit managers. Life was good with the previous District managers but then we got a guy from progressive waste and he ruined the culture
A bad place to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Lets start off by, you do three jobs for one salary. One is being a driver. Two, is manual very hard labor. Three, is customer service. And let me tell you, customers are very demanding. Who would think, its only garbage. Not only is it customer service, its all about exceeding customers expectations. Trucks are older than dinosaurs. Not everyone is treated the same. They expect you to do pre trip inspection with out pay. Contradicting rules... and theres more... but I'm tired of wriring.
Pros
They hire with out experience
Cons
Everything else besides the pro.
Don't do it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 2, 2017
Not a safe place to work, they don't fix trucks. Set you up for failure and blame you for everything. They talk to much about safety but there's nothing safe there. I wouldn't recommend working there. Management always is right even if you have proof that they are wrong. An employee is never right.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Bad management and trucks
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I loved my job I didn't love the hours but we were trash and recycle drivers giving service to the city of Frisco Texas so it was time consuming and we had to help the slower drivers finish their routes
Most poorly managed company I've seen.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJanuary 18, 2017
DM Recycling is without a doubt the worst managed company I've worked for. Discipline and policy enforcement is extremely SUBJECTIVE. Intimidation is their management model. Preach servant leadership, but in fact is the exact opposite. The more sense employee input makes, the more management resists. Approach employee suggestions and concerns as subversive and REFUSE to allow employees to feel validated or empowered!?!? Hostile, unstable, uncomfortable work environment.
Wage scale is a disaster. Certain people making $3 more per hour to do the same job?!
Horrible benefit package. Don't take care of the employees that make them profitable.
Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Wages are competitive.
Cons
Poor benefits and general care for employees.
would rather not give a rating
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 12, 2017
I would rather not give a review at this time as my opinions are skewed by recent experiences and would not be considered professional nor would they be acceptable.
Pros
Non to mention
Cons
None to mention
Poor upper management
Operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TXJanuary 10, 2017
This is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for.. They have no clue how to deal with oil waste from drill rigs at all.. I was a operation supervision and was told several times we are trying to figure out how to do this.. They bring in very young site mangers that have NO clue how outside operations work.. I am very surprised that no one has been hurt or seriously injured in this working environment.. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE..
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work.
Poor leaders
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 6, 2016
Very unorganized, needs better leaders and management, drivers are more worried about theirselfs than the helpers on the back, wouldn't consider any new ideas or possibilities from helpers
overall good but no job opportunity
Roll off driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 2, 2016
The benefits were good. The Job opportunities were not great. The salary was not what I was looking for. Very good work enviroment, and overall a good job.
Don't waist your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 28, 2016
Not a good company to work for, they don't promote from within but they will tell you during the interview that they do. It's a lie!!!! Equipment/trucks break down all the time. Management is the worst most and most unprofessional place ever worked for.
Pros
It's a job
Driver Safety concerns
Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 25, 2016
Condition of the trucks was poor. Drivers are not given proper training on safety and DOT regulations. Management does not know how to safely operate trucks. Work hours exceeds the legal limit and management edits DOT logs to be within legal limits without notifying the driver. When driver questions it they are reprimanded.
Pros
comparable benefit package, caring co-workers
Cons
Management does not care about work life balance only their bottom line. (getting their bonus)
good company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 22, 2016
Waste connections has a positive culture. they are very customer oriented and provide excellent service. their training programs are top of the line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8