Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 2,217 reviews matching the search
I learned a lot
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 18, 2017
Manually and mechanically loaded or emptied residential containers into trucks. Frequently
Worked with containers stacked curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
Operated hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
Assisted daily driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
Safely operated residential / recycling collection truck, side-load and/or rear-load truck and ancillary equipment on assigned route to service customers while providing excellent customer service.
Delivered solid waste / recyclables to designated disposal / recycling facility.
Good environment
Setup Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
Supervisors are there to help their employees in day to day tasks and to make sure that the customer is taken care of to the fullest extent and with the best kept in mind for Waste Management.
Great Company but Unorganized.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 17, 2017
I liked the company and the people there. but when i was asked to moved to a different department temporarily, i humbly accepted but when the time was for me to move back to regular department i kept being ignored and basically labeled for being concerned about something i was promised.
Pros
great system for off days for business and personal
Cons
unorganized
Sales
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2017
High pressure job. I was constantly challenged and I learned a great deal about work ethic. During my years at Waste Management I was was professionally challenged. Very good experience.
Good Company to work
Outbound Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAAugust 16, 2017
I have good benefits for the worker,good place to established a career, but is to hard to be promote to growth with the company, even if you hard worker.
physical job.
Residential driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 16, 2017
Waste Management is a physical job. You have to be able to work in all weather. Summer time you deal with the heat and winter with the cold. Must be able to lift heavy trash cans and bend and twist. You must have at least a CDL class B.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
you must take a 30 min lunch break
Must be able to work without any management supervision
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  CorporateAugust 16, 2017
Great place to get your foot in the door. Not sure how much advancement I can get with HR unless I transfer to a different location. Management is interesting. Must be able to work completely on your own. I had great training, but then you're on your own so you better be able to catch on quick.
Pros
Pay, Training, Working with the sites
Cons
Management, Job Advancement Uncertain
Great place to work with great pay and good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 16, 2017
It is a Great place to work. Good company offers good pay and gives good benefits to all employees. With room to advance in the waste management company
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Can't complain
Fast paced, fun, engaging place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PAAugust 16, 2017
I work at one of WM's landfills in PA. It is fast paced work but WM compensates you for your time and acknowledges your hard work. Great place to work.
Pros
flexability
Great workplace
Frontload driver (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 15, 2017
If you do your job you won't have any problems. The trucks that they run are Cadillacs of of all garbage trucks. Safety is always very important to the company
Pros
They have cookouts
Cons
Not enough trucks
very productive
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 14, 2017
had very good day when u have a good helper very stressful because there was not air in the truck the work place was well taking care of the hardest part of the job was some of the route was to big best part of the day was morning where its cool and get more of the work done fast
Pros
no air in the truck and pettie supervisor
Cons
good pay and benefits
Just dont go unless you are a fulltime driver
Operator Helper (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 14, 2017
Waste management is a job for those who have a CDL and can handle operating fulltime on the trash truck. You don't get any hours due to lack of route openings and management doesnt hire anyone because you must have a CDL to drive.
Pros
Its still a paying job
Cons
Just not fulltime, and lack of career opportunities.
Fast pace envionment
Refuse Material Collector (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 14, 2017
You start your day doing your pre trip, then go out and service customers. At end of the day you would empty out your truck in the landfill then you would do your post trip inspection on truck.
Pros
Nice route
Cons
Bad truck. Always having electrical issues. But maintence would look other way.
Easy Job, horrible management
router (Current Employee) –  columbia, mdAugust 14, 2017
favortism, incompetent leadership, no accountability. if you are looking for a job, expect all of these things. only thing constant is change, if you can ignore those things you are good.
Pros
its a job
Cons
bad leadership
great place to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
On a daily basis you inspect truck before and after shift. You drive to various destinations to pick up recycling material then bring back to the yard.
You can learn how to be efficient \ can gain knowledge
Dispatcher Combo (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJAugust 11, 2017
I learned about efficiency, profitability and accountability
management should build with the team more\ focus on how to help when under staff vs harassing who is wearing sneakers, stop being petty
family environment mostly
Pros
knowledge sharing envirnoment
Cons
management can be petty\ they really dont appreciate the hard workers
micro managing
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 11, 2017
unrealistic goal set by company,the company expects you to move through traffic at a slow pace and to pick up, dump[ and redeliver withing one hour or less not factoring traffic condition and if you miss a time you are in the red and you lose a percentage of your base pay
Pros
the benifits and over time
Cons
micromanagement, cameras in truck, get the feeling that they want you to fsail
Loved it
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2017
This job wasgreat only left bc they lost the contract and my wife didn't want to relocate , benefits and pay were great , management cared about employees ,lots of perks and events to lift employee morale and let us know we were appreciated, the rules are strict and strongly enforced but they truly care about the employees , supervisors would even get on the trucks and help
a great place to work in
Garbage Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
it was a good place to work everyday I even learned how to drive the trucks so I can farther my career in truck driving. the hardest part about the job is just getting up early every morning but when you enjoy the the workplace and the peers you work with it motivate you to be there.Overall I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
getting up early
Good company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 9, 2017
This was a great company to work for and provided me with a great stepping stone to carry on into my next venture. They offered great flexibility in the workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.