Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,643 reviews matching the search
Recycling Side of Business not up to PAR
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
very unorganized, losing $ every quarter and management hasn't a clue what to do with that side of business.
Unrealistic goals set due to continued loss of business
Pros
Culture, work-life balance
Cons
no stability, little advancement
N/a
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Company is a good company, Management gives the company a big view. Very small, so NOT much room to move up. Raisers are a few cents each year (ONCE A YEAR). NO OVERTIME, but Benefits are GREAT but not if you want a Check to take home each week..
Benefits
Cons
No Advancement, Management & Attendance policies are HARD!!
nice starter company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907September 26, 2016
nice starter company, good benefits, management was ok to work with. recycle was better to work for than refuse pickup.
Great Place but you'll probably get laid off
Public Sector Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 24, 2016
The great thing about Waste Management is that you can easily move up the ranks or be promoted if you work really hard. The bad thing is the lay-offs. It happens every year and it is really terrifying. The company is really cheap and have shareholders to keep happy so they're solution is layoffs. I've been with the company 7 years and we have had lay off each year I have been here.
Pros
You can work from home some days
Cons
Low Pay with Long Hours
Innovative company
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time at WM. I felt like I needed to move on to be able to advance my career via studies through college courses. I find now that I just want to continue working and getting an education at the same time. My typical day was data entry work. I am interested in doing more than data entry work and want to advance my opportunities. Management talks the talk about career choices and advancements but it does not apply to everyone. I am searching for a great opportunity to learn and grown with a company.
Good place to work with steady paycheck and some advancement opportunities
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 22, 2016
A typical day can be exciting and sometimes difficult for a mechanic, you never know what you'll be doing from one moment to the next. Refuse trucks have many complicated systems, they can be challenging to diagnose, but rewarding to repair. The other mechanics and managers have upbeat, yet diverse personalities, which make the work environment appealing.
Early Morning all day work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
start my day of early worked all kinds of weather with long hours a sometimes weekends. hardest part I had to deal with is the truck itself. wasn't always in good working order.
waste management
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 21, 2016
great job really worth working for the managers our great and also the peoples house that we get the waste from some people leave gatorades out for us on hot days
Pros
time flies by on, and also on the road 24/7
Project Service Representativer (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 21, 2016
I have been working of WM for 6 years now and I had three different position that I was trained on and excelled at. I learned a great deal and I enjoy working with my co workers we get along very well.
Pros
Fun company activities
Cons
Short half hour lunch
Job
Operation and Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MD 21851September 18, 2016
WM is a very good place to work. I would still be there if they had not closed the site. My plans were to retire there..
I would recommend to apply there. My co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of job was communicating with other sites for information. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers and co-workers,
Pros
great health benefitsI
Cons
needs better structure
productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2016
I learned how to order new recycling and trash bins for customers as well as set up accounts. I loved the team leads, they seemed to have a more clarity of what is going on with the systems.
Pros
1hr lunches, weekends off
Cons
management team is disorganized
worked from home/temp. jop
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2016
great place to work. The people were great, very helpful.
I was required to put routes into computer. I had my own computer and worked my owe hours.
No work-life balance; pay is not competitive
Roll-Off Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2016
*Waste Management is not competitive with their pay schedule
*They do not show their employees that they are cared about
Pros
no pros
Cons
Health care benefits are great
Just not the right fit for me
Rolloff Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 13, 2016
I wanted to go back to my truck/mechanic and heavy equipment skills. There is no way to advance and no raises. The guys are nice but some work and others don't.
Pros
Good family man job
Cons
No way to move up
Safe work environment
Residential and commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2016
Work starts very early in the morning and can be long shifts depending on the route you have. I learned a lot about how to properly operate both residential and commercial waste collection vehicles. Management is highly focused on employee safety and productivity. The co-workers are always willing to help you out if you need any help. The hardest part would have to be getting new routes organized and learning new areas. the most enjoyable part is being out of the office and seeing different places.
Pros
Great health benifets
Cons
Drivecam
Safety First/Environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
I am currently in recycling which I believe is of great service for the community and the earth as a whole. Employee safety is a Waste Management concern, which makes me proud to be apart of.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Only two company holidays a year
producyive work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 11, 2016
always on the go my co-workers were great. I learned many different things the hardest part of job was working around trks and people with a large machine
Very fun place at the time to work
Front Load Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 11, 2016
When I was there it was great place to work your management team was strong and supportive of your needs at work and at home. I've been informed of late that it has changed.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
hours
Overall great place to work
Operations Supervisor & Driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 10, 2016
This was a great place to work. The people were great everyone helped out when needed and always looked out for each other. Tough work but very good pay and benefits.
I made a lot of lifelong friends in my time at this company. The management at Waste Management rewarded hard work and were always looking to advance employee's careers.
benefits
Cons
weather
Productive and ever changing environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2016
Always updating systems and procedures to be more efficient. Adding customers and working with drivers to have the best service possible.