Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,891 reviews matching the search
management
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2017
Management didn't care, but the overall company experience was nice and the employees were amazing.
hardest part was being trained for one market area then being put in another market area with no knowledge and little help from leads or supervisors.
plenty of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 23, 2017
if you follow instructions you will always have job no type of rain outs as long as you stay busy they will never send you home when working here everyone does all kinds of jobs
Pros
no nights
Cons
short lunch
picking up trash and getting the job done right
Trash Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 22, 2017
the hours are awesome and the route managers work with you always. There is never a day when you have to not get hours. It is great if you like to go to work and only see your boss 2-3 times a day.
Pros
not so great pay
Cons
very good insurance for healthcare
Not your best choice
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMarch 22, 2017
For a large company. There is a lot of screwed up locations. West Fargo ND is one of them. Managment there sucks. Trucks are band-aid together. Even their famous tablets are third rate. My personal GPS would be 100 % better. Not a day goes by that I miss that place. Stress free. Money was good. But , cant spend it if your dead! Waste Management you really need to rebuild. You have major problems here.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Not a place to retire from
Heavy equipment operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMarch 21, 2017
Work isn't bad but you're misled from the beginning about your job duties. Always having to do other departments work for them because they won't allow overtime. No room for advancement, poor raises. Pay is low for the industry.
Decent place to work
Residential Driver / Helper (Former Employee) –  Pen Argyl, PAMarch 21, 2017
This is a decent company to work for. They have decent benefits. The management when I was there could have been better. Overall it wasn't a bad place to work.
Hard work but probably pays off
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Skagit County, WAMarch 20, 2017
I retired from the company with 22 years of work. Started out on a recycling truck and after 3 years got a garbage route. This was a pay increase because of the lifting and bigger routes. Safety is job one and is stressed every day at morning safety meeting. (Which not everyone is required to attend) If someone is required to start earlier than everyone else the just come in at the end of the route and sign the attendance sheet which will make it okay. That way they are in compliance with rules that are for ALL the drivers.
Pros
Pay, insurance, healthcare, vacation time
Cons
Short breaks(between stops) short lunches, supervisors who like to ride your back to go faster, also poor equipment to work with
Just a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDMarch 19, 2017
Company itself is good to work for. Manager of the department at the time was not good at all. Should not have been allowed to staff most of the department with her daughter and daughter's friends. Great disappointment.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management
Good, hard work.
Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMarch 19, 2017
My time at Waste-Managment was some of the hardest work I've done. It was good pay, good hours. Work depended on how hard you worked. Reason for leaving Waste-Management is honestly because I wanted better for myself.
recycle driver
Resident Recycle Collector (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2017
arrive at work look at the schedule it changes look for what route I am going to be driving and what truck I am going to be using
Look at the map, grab the tablet that is assigned to the truck.

Attended the meeting for the day. as a group we go out and started our pretrip when finished we leave the office for our assigned route.

The route are set up to hustle all day. we really don't take breaks.
the hardest part of the this job we have to repeatedly lift heavy stuff.

the most enjoyable part I get to enjoy the weather, I don't have to go to the gym to work out.
Good company
Lead Plant Operator (Hazardous Materials) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, ORMarch 17, 2017
Company has good benefits and stability . Learn many skill sets in the environmental areas. Safety is number one with the company as well as cahnces for advancement.
IT was an okay job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMarch 16, 2017
On a typical day this job was quiet easy. During my time there i did not learn much other than what the company uses to make money what was valuable and what was not. The manager i worked for was a really good guy but when it came to the supervisors we had one guy who would threaten the employees by literally getting so close you cold smell what he had for breakfast also the other employees would not help with your job and explain what exactly you were suppose to be doing instead they would report you and get the other employee fired i witnessed this a few times. The job was simple so i cannot say there was a hard part of the job.
Pros
the pay was exellent
Cons
the people treated you like the trash you picked
fun place to work ,
SENIOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - LEVEL 3 / RAIL OPS (Current Employee) –  Waverly, VAMarch 16, 2017
great pay rate, although maintaining consistent hours can be a challenge. if you can get approved to work overtime its a great job. overtime and extra work is almost on a first come first serve basis
Pros
Good pay Fair managers
Cons
inconsistent hours
good place to work
Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 16, 2017
good benefits pay and very organized everyone got along and helped each other fun very late hrs sometimes 7 days a week tools and equipment were always topgrade
Pros
people
Cons
hrs
fun and challenging
Level II National Accounts Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 15, 2017
Great opportunity to work with a team consisting of billing and customer service for a set account base. Varied responsibilities provide a fun challenge while allowing you to increase your skills.
Pros
nice work atmosphere, fairly stress-free job
Cons
residential customer complaint call line took away from national account responsibilities
great management team, room for advancement
Machine Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIMarch 13, 2017
This is a company that strives for a clean environment. Great management team and wonderful employees. A pat on the back is commonplace. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start their career with a well rounded company.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
better pay
more rules than common sense.
Trash and Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 13, 2017
This company has zero tolerance for mistakes, which is difficult when you are human. Cameras in truck are more distraction than help.Pay is low for physical and professional rule demands that are extremely difficult for dedicated workers to follow. Kind of a round room where supervisors ask you to find corners.
Pros
medical
Cons
poor upper management skills, too many rules that defy common sense.
Location is good
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 12, 2017
Great location, people are friendly, system is old. Directors been there for a long time and shows favoritism towards others. The company is moving in a better direction but need to make changes in upper level management for more balance
Pros
excellent pay cares about thier employees
Cons
unstructured
good work enviroment
roll off driver (Former Employee) –  miamiMarch 11, 2017
long days upper management treats employees as numbers and not people. great benefits. lower management treats employees as people and are very respectable...
Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 11, 2017
I worked at the Waste Management office as temporary help. I loved the work, as was able to help people all over Visalia. The drivers and office staff were all friendly. If you want a work place were your made to feel like part of a team/family atmosphere this is the place. Everyone works hard, from office staff,management, and especially the drivers, to the fellows who wash out the trash bins. I would absolutely love to work here on a permanent basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.