Waste Management

1.4K reviews

Waste Management Employee Reviews

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great management team
Cons: Closed down
My usual day at work consists of inbound calls needing assistance will billing , taxes and insurance for mortgage. I was responsible for making sure customer have a awesome experience. Helping them calculate the overage or shortage on escrow accounts. Also updating tax and home insurance information.
Opportunity to build up my career
Flow -Testing/ Roustabout (Former Employee), Williston, NDAugust 29, 2015
Pros: End of the year free lunch
The opportunity to build up my career.
The hardest part of the job: was working in the snow below 0 degree.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the production line produces oil into oil tank and water goes into water tank.
Office
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Commerce, CaAugust 28, 2015
Great company to work for & business setting. Waste Management is a large company and has a lot of growth. While working there my employees were amazing, I also enjoyed helping all my customers with their special request.
very hot work place
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
the job is very tuff and very stinky and dirty but it will change your life dealing with other people trash and the things you have to see each and everyday.
A great place to gain experience. Poor communication and no upward growth. Very poor management.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Aurora, COAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good security within the company, great place to gain experience.
Cons: Raises are lacking, poor communication, no chance for advancements.
Excellent coworkers but poor management. We experienced a great loss of customers due to lack of communication and business skills among senior management. Good security within the company, but no chance of advancement. The company runs a rundown fleet of trucks and equipment with no upgrades foreseeable.
My Career
Market Area Sales Coordinator/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 26, 2015
Waste Management was a job I thoroughly enjoyed waking up to every morning and going to work.

The local office was like family, and we all helped one another.
COMPANY GROWING FAST
Driver (Former Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: ITS A JOB
Cons: EVERYTHING
MANAGEMENT LIEING AND PLAYING FAVORITES. THEY MAKE YOU WORK OVER THE 14 HOURS THE DOT PUTS INTO PLACE AND DOESN'T COMPLY WITH MOST DOT LAWS AND REGULATIONS. NO SAFETY AT ALL
fun workplace
Launch and Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 24, 2015
Very long work hours and very long commute due to location of offices coworkers were very friendly and willing to assist at any time
Was basically a job where you were alone and didn't have boss standing over you.
Marcellus Roll Off Driver (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and 401 k
Cons: Boss was not always able to contact.
Is an ok place to work. Could have done some things differently but was a relatively good job. Some employees could have been treated better with a lay off situation.
Fast pace office, staying busy all day
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Employee Reward Points, upper management buys lunch everyonce in a while.
Cons: My schedule has changed alot lately and its hard to get used to another shift.
Stay busy all day with my daily task and emails. Makes the day go by faster. Learned a lot about trash and what it takes to make the trucks run and the operations of the trash business from the drivers, landfill and each line of business (roll off, commercial and residential. I have a great working relationship with everyone at my site and with some at other sites just through email. Its a great place to work. Hardest part of the day is when trucks go down and routes run behind. I enjoy my work so the whole day is enjoyable. I consider myself a hard worker therefore as long as I have something to keep me busy then I don't feel as if I'm stealing money from the company by just sitting around.
A hard labor job fast paced and productive company
Class A Residentiasl driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: physical and hard in labor job with a great pay rate
Cons: Barely any breaks and going to a garbage land field
In charge of doing vehicle inspection on trucks before and after work shifts. Driving class A residential dump trucks servicing customers residence or locations dispose of all solid waste
Job Security is a big concern
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Hours if you are not scheduled on weekends, Location
Cons: Unorganized, Job security, Management
Great building and location, typically everything is on one floor. Unfortunately there was a mass layoff option that came into place after a few years of me working there for salaried employee's. The hourly employee's were fine but they did give a great package if you volunteered to leave.

Overall very messy company, they are reactive vs. proactive. As a rep or supervisor there are going to be a lot of unhappy callers, companies or people that do business with this company. Even if you are one to take responsibility, there is just no way to fix all of the issues this place has. It's too many departments and sectors of the company that cannot be reached to handle one thing. Waste Managment in Windsor, CT cannot even call another state's WM for an issue, you have to email even in the case of a true emergency.

If you simply want a job to do and do not care about the long run, you may be fine here for 2/3 years but longer than that, I wouldn't even bother.

No cafe, they have vending machines so you have to order out, always calls holding, high turnover. Manager/Supervisors are barely meeting with their reps.

Company does offer WFH for call center employees.
MISH MASH
Dispatcher / Router Combo (Former Employee), Ewing, NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: pd weekly, hours, pay
Cons: no leadership at all. just people in charge
The Ewing office would be more enjoyable but what is missing is LEADERSHIP. You don't know who is in charge because those in positions of LEADERSHIP do everything they can to not distinguish themselves as LEADERS, but they want the accolades and the credit. tsk, tsk, tsk...smh
Very tedious
Recycle Sorter (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDAugust 19, 2015
There was no availability to move up in the company. There was no way to bond with my peers, because each person basically had one room they worked in away from everyone else.
Productive and well balanced company to work for.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAAugust 19, 2015
Great company to be a part of with amazing co-workers. Weekly meeting to present our numbers and be able to grow and develop as a team. Most challenging part of my job was trying to manage over 100 drivers and their different daily needs as well as customers but it was what i enjoyed the most. Multitasking was essential as well as keeping everything organized.
Flexible work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Foxboro, MAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: wondereful co-workers
Cons: short lunch breaks, and location isn't ideal during events.
While I have enjoyed my time at Waste Management, I think it's time for a change. My co-workers are very nice people, my managers are adequate. A typical day at work is closing work order tickets, running and checking edits.
Gas Plant Manager (Former Employee), TexasAugust 17, 2015
I loved my 14 years at Waste Management and would recommend this company to anyone. I met a lot of good people throughout my time with them.
fun achievable monthly goals
Inside commercial sales (Former Employee), i/17 greenwayAugust 17, 2015
fast pace call center 80 to 100 calls a day
what all is involved with trash
management needs a lot of work
was learning sales force
the best part of my job was the monthly goals and meeting / exceeding them monthly
Terrible place to work.
Residential Helper (Former Employee), Ambridge,PAAugust 15, 2015
The pay was great. You bust your butt all week and when you see that paycheck, its worth it. Until they start taking houses off of you for some mysterious reason. So, now you are doing work for free.. The management at the Ambridge location has to be one of the worse I've ever encountered. Also, the trucks break down constantly. Once again management comes into play here and tries to cut cost and not fix the issues in a timely manner or at all. This had to be hands down the worse place I have ever worked. Avoid at all cost.
reitement job
Recycle Driver (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 13, 2015
Pros: good pay and execellent benefits
Cons: High turn over rate
We picked up recycle from various areas in Indian River county. It was my best job and the company takes care of you. It felt good to be apart of a fortune 500 company.
Headquarters