Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 2,034 reviews matching the search
great place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMay 27, 2017
money was good great place to work you have to work in the weather a lot don't really have any thing bad to say about this company benefits good real cool place to work
Pros
weather
Cons
money good
Unprofessional company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 26, 2017
Company likes to micro-manage a lot..Not a lot of help if you are unsure about something. A lot of pressure & stress, supervisors who lie about staff.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, micromanage, couldn't get to restroom a lot, disrespectful supervisors, company lies
Labor
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 25, 2017
Waste Management is a hard laboring job with not enough pay. I would recommend the job to someone who does not mind to much hard labor in all kind of weather.
Good Company
Biller (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
Waste Management is a great company to work for. Currently working as a contracted employee with no PTO or vacation days. Contracted employee's are not included in the company meetings or e-mails that are related to their business. Makes you feel like an outsider.

Overall the experience was good. Pay is not great, but when contracted employee becomes full time, the benefits, PTO and paid holidays become paid.
Pros
Like working with my co-workers, always helpful
Cons
Did not like feeling isolated from the company because of status
Must have a strong prayer life
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 24, 2017
This place will test you on every aspect of your life. You have to stand firm on your faith and beliefs. It is not the workload, but the people. The job is fairly easy and training is a breeze. You will have what you need if trained by the right person. Just be smart and quick thinker. The call center is full of females with petty drama.
Waste is a Waste
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 23, 2017
Management is horrible along with HR they tag team to get you out the door if they want to get rid of you. It's all about who you know, not what you know to make it. It's a lot of favoritism from supervisors, nitpicking,micromanaging & harassment.
Pros
2 weeks vaction
Cons
No good raises
Management support decreased as time went on.
Customer Service Representative, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 23, 2017
The company provided a good amount of training. After that, however, there was not much support given on the floor. The hardest part of the job was not having enough information when new procedures were implemented. This made it difficult to serve the customer.
Great Work Enviornment
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
Operated heavy-duty truck and was responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Maintained truck inspected and assuring great standards.
poor management skills
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 22, 2017
the management team at my location was only concern about the bonuses and not the safety of the driver. should the driver have concerns about his or her safety they would meet with a manager who would give them a 3-day suspension and a final warning without looking in the action of the accused. I find this lack of concern in bad taste as someone is going to get seriously injured by the person who continuously keeps breaking rules and having the red light camera on while he breaks them is more of a slap in the face.
Pros
great benifits and fun people to learn from
Cons
poor partners and the lack of respect from the management team
Productive and fun enviorment
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 21, 2017
Busy days running a MRF system.
Management is great.
Most enjoyable part of the job is teaching new employees about recycling.
Ive learned a lot about a MRF system, assisting employees with training.
High energy place to work love working outside and with people
Driver of Refuge truck (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 21, 2017
Love working outside fast place to work high energy I love the Press is going to have the job I love working with people with great pain and the insurance
Pros
Great insurance with boot allowance
Cons
The non-union workplace
Started as a productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 20, 2017
I assisted customer's with their waste service. In a typical day could assist anywhere from 70 to 85 customer's per phone. I would answer questions of their service, start new service or cancel. They would want to add on services or remove certain services, and by the time I left 8 years later we took calls for 8 states. the hardest part of the job was the complaints I took, our service went way down hill and people were calling in everyday with complaints which I never blamed them. I would too, therefore I choose to leave the job I once loved. Management in our office was great to us but could only do so much and the pay was excellent. You have to have a great deal of patience to hold a Call center position.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Service
Keep you productive
Sorter Operator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 20, 2017
Waste management is a good place for temporary work but not permanent. They need major improvement in the management area. The managers argue and baffle each other due to no organization. They are in desperate need of better communication
Great Place to work and management is great
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Walker, LAMay 19, 2017
Really love Waste Management, great company to work for and really laid back. Great opportunity to move up and business grows each quarter.

Company really cares for employees
Excellent Pay, Bad Management
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CA 95240May 17, 2017
The upside is being able to help customers in need, especially the older folks. The pay was excellent and the co-workers were good people. The downside was management, the way they took care of their employees, equipment, lack of knowledge on day to day operations, and the hours. I liked that we had weekends off, but not everything is open on the weekends, so it made it hard to make it to doctor appointments, etc.
Pros
Pay, work schedule (Mon-Fri)
Cons
Management, vehicle maintenance, route positions
Hard work good experience
Recycling Specialist (Former Employee) –  5109 bleigh aveMay 17, 2017
None stop Fast past working on a conveyor belt recycling paper plastic & metal 5 days a week 5am to 3 pm , very obsevering fast Learner easy to adapt
High Volume, short staffed
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
Multiple tasks and hard to accomplish for one person, even though you want to do it time just is against you. Diversified tasks which I love, just wish the load was more evenly distributed and fair.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Never feeling accomplished
A laborer work place with great benefits
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
A great work place where you get to interact with people. Great benefits for you and your family positions where you can only move up in due time. Would never turn this job down
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard labor
Company is a joke run by Inept Morons
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 15, 2017
Massive turnover, Bullying. They treat customers and employee's worst then trash. Most drivers work very hard under extreme stress and then in the morning or afternoon they are belittled and threatened over minimal nonsense. When you give non educated people a little bit of power its ripe for abuse. Managers will throw anyone under the bus to make themselves seem appealing to the corporate office.
Benefits
Cons
Every aspect besides the health benefits
good plce to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 15, 2017
Waste is a good place to work. Sometimes things can get out of control, but generally ok. If they had a yard closer to me, I would go back to them. They did not take into consideration how far I lived from the yard. Made for some long days.
Pros
Big company
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.