Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,772 reviews matching the search
Hazardous Waste Facility
Site Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Emelle, ALJanuary 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Waste Management. WM gave me my first experience in working around a production lab. Many companies contract with WM to disposed of their hazardous waste material. The people I worked with were generous and willing to help new comers get acclimated to how things were supposed to be ran.
bad supervisor
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Ault, COJanuary 22, 2017
I felt harassed most of the time, supervisor stalks you on your route, has no problem making your day harder, then wonders why it takes you longer. your on camera while you drive, no smoking, no eating, no drinking liquid (not alcohol) obviously. your lunch was up to you to take and i felt like my work load was so enormous and heavy that i was too stressed to stop take a break, or eat lunch, i developed a appetite sup resent disorder just from working there for 9 months.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short break, no trust, they restrict you at 50 hours, never over 60 in a week.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NJJanuary 20, 2017
If they would put more money and thought into equipment shops, service trucks, lubes truck for the smaller sites they would be better off. Where I'm at I'm a one stop shop by myself, no service truck, no crane to work on the heavy equipment and no lube truck to service equipment the right way. Good pay and good benefits only go so far.
Pros
Very much about safety
Cons
safety only goes as far it costs, How can Techs be safe if they have no help?
Good Company Bad Management
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 19, 2017
The company values were great. Management was not willing to listen to employees needs. The workers are nice, Management was the only downfall.
Great work area , Always clean , nice workers
Dumper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 18, 2017
It was an overall good company to work for and it was good money . Everyone there is nice and easy to work for and is always willing to help no matter what the situation is .
Pros
Early shifts, long breaks
Fun Workplace
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This was an enjoyable job that pays off. I loved the people I work with and the work diversity of the work culture was excellent. I learned how to make the best out of all situations.
Cash Applications Rep / Ticket Closer (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJanuary 17, 2017
It is a fine company to work for but unfortunately my position got relocated out of state. Salary was good and benefits adequate.
Lots of rules and a constant push to break them for production sake
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Management do not care about the people that work for them.Brunswick ga site is very poorly managed with the employees often taking over. District management very weak lacks authority. Race is also an issue there big issue.
Good money not family oriented
Comercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
Hourly pay was good along with lots of hours but not family oriented at all. It is a big company and you are nothing but a number to them
Waste Management is a great company. I learned so much about the solid waste industry.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I would love to work for this company again. I highly recommend Waste Management to anyone who is looking to work for a solid company.
While employed I learned about the sizes of all containers that could be used for various purposes.
At Waste Management I delivered full dumpsters to landfills for proper disposal.
Pros
Great benefits; great time home daily; ability to exhibit professionalism and communicatiom
Cons
Working in incliment wheather.
A Typical Day at work
ICS Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 14, 2017
I would answer between 60-200plus calls a day advising clients of options for trash removal. it was an interesting job but can be very stressful.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
short breaks
Overall a good place to start for Call Center work/job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2017
What I enjoy most about working for Waste Management is building team relationships that last a life time. Team work makes the Dream work.
Pros
Great working hours Monday-Friday
Cons
Not enough pay per hour
current state of savannah, ga is terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 14, 2017
all I can speak of is the Savannah, GA location and it is a disaster. Aside from the route managers, any manager above that seems either not to care the equipment sucks or they just dont care. If you like sweating in July or freezing in December then work here. Most trucks dont have ac or heat. Most trucks are about 12 years old or older
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
great company to work for,you take about 80-100 calls a day makes the day go by fast,co-workers are really awesome,you received plenty of help when you need it. the only bad side is they aren't very understanding about missing days even if its for an emergency. you can move up quickly ,over all an easy job
Pros
advancement
Cons
not very understanding when it comes to missing days even if its an emergency
not a job if you want to have a life out side of work
driver (Former Employee) –  westboylstonJanuary 11, 2017
after working at least a 12 hr day . then being asked or told that you have to stay until the job is complete and the company knowing that you are over the legal limit of hrs to work in a day shift. not really worth putting your life and or carrier on the line for trash. by the time you get home and have dinner with your family your ready for bed and wake up at a folish hr to go to work. After working for them I was let go for the fact that I made to much money per hr.
Pros
insurance is ok
Cons
the job
Waste Management is a happy place...
Payroll Tax Analyst for US/Canadian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Waste Management was a great place to work. I meet knew people and gained friendships. There were a lot of interaction and team building that made the work ethic fantastic. The moral was high and I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Best place ever to work
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Granite Quarry, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Started in Naples, FL and transferred to Granite Quarry, NC. Two great locations to be at. Started on the back of a residential truck and worked up to Operations Manager. Great place to learn and to be promoted throughout the US and Canada.
Trash Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Crested Butte, COJanuary 10, 2017
Good place to work alot of snow but kind of borining I operated a backhoe several types of tractor or truck and skid steer long hours ok and good experience. Management is good as well
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
overall a good place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 10, 2017
overall a good place to work ! good to deal with and do seem to care about employees.id work there again. hardest part of job ;getting use to smell, only on very hot days though.
Stable company
Talent Advisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2017
Ability to work independently, company provides the tools necessary to be successful, travel, work remotely, great co-workers and business partners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.