Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,978 reviews matching the search
Solid Company
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAApril 20, 2017
Not everyday its going to be your best. Everyday comes with new challenges as a Driver. If you come in with a goal to be safe, complete your task for the day, and go home to your family, then you will be fine. But if you let little thing stress you out, or come in to work with a bad attitude, then this industry is not for you. I've worked with a great group of guys at my location, who I still today hang out with once in awhile together with our families, even though I don't work there anymore. Personally, all the managers I worked with were very good. As a Driver, they made my days go by safe, fast and sometimes easy.
Pros
Pay, Co-workers, Benefits including discounts
Cons
Long Hours, Physical demanding work, Working in all types of weathers (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc...)
Too many unsafe issues i found on the job site
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 20, 2017
The comany might be ok to work for but this click crew, you had to be joe cool to fit in with them... the foreman just wanted to go on his vacation, he couldnt wait to get out of there. The guys that took his place where backstabbing wetbacks that just wanted there job secuity, so if you where better than them or had a easier way to do it, no you where doing wrong, you cant do it that way...
Pros
I dont work there no more....
Cons
I cant get those airheads out of my head... can I sue
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people and management as well as good pay and benefits. Allows you to have a life outside of work which really helps a lot
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Union
Good pay and benefits/poor environment
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 19, 2017
Too preoccupied with making trucks high tech, ie. on board computors, and camera inface to watch your every move. Not competitive. Lost 80% of business over last 10 years. Create atmosphere of distrust and resentment. Write you up and keep you on edge if you have job from day to day. nonsense procedural rules that hamper operations.
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
nonsense rules and camera in your face
sucked
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
The only problem i had was working 10 hours straight with no breaks. employees were team players. It was just that one supervisor who was jus to competitive and wasn't thinking about his team.
Productive fast paced environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Management was mostly male based, and biased upon male employees versus female employees in 1990. This may have changed since I was an AS400 Systems Engineer. Good company to work for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Biased - towards female and male employees
General office
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIApril 18, 2017
I had to work for more thank 6 months to get hired in. Certain individuals did not have to wait that long. no African American in a prime position. no
Growing and exciting company to work with
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Waste Management is a wonderful company to work with as an employee or contractor. The culture is friendly and management offers an open door policy to accept accolades or constructive remarks. That alone, is a great selling point because the culture encourages workers to be comfortable which increases employee loyalty.
Not my type
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 18, 2017
Waste Management is the perfect job for someone other then me. Even thought it is a ok place to work i just couldn't deal with the disrespect from managers.
Discrimination against woman and age.
Transfer Station/Recycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAApril 18, 2017
No job security for management or loyalty. Tips for drivers only which are men. All other tips for laborers go to the company. Last 4 managers after 20 years some are let go for made up reasons.
safe working conditions
Roll off driver (Former Employee) –  new hampshireApril 18, 2017
safe working condition , great benefits , plenty of earning potential . truck condition are not always the best. working in inclement weather wasn't always . but lots of hours available to work and earn great money .
benefits
Cons
hours
Long days and bosses not satisfied with anyone
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 17, 2017
It was very long days with the frustration of being watched. The customers were always good and nice but the days were hard when your told to move faster and faster.
Too many rules
Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 17, 2017
We came up with counter dick each other they try to screw you on one roll but yet let you follow another rule they push you to do things that you're really not supposed to do
Pros
Good experience when you first have a license
Cons
Just not a good place for me to work for
Fun place to work with older people
Garbage man (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FL/ deerfield beach flApril 17, 2017
Everyday working at abbey delray you can learn alot because of the older people an there life story. It help me everyday as a person because different things they seen in their life an its makes you want to explore the world.
Good Company Compared To Others
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 16, 2017
Good company to work for and is way above average in pay and benefits jobs in the field are not for everyone hours are long and demanding,most new employees average about five years maybe a little longer,there is plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to travel positions in the upper management set are very demanding as managers are required to oversee many employees who are out in the field spanning a 100 mile radius.
Pros
benefits, perks
Cons
long hours, adverse weather, substandard trucks.
Good place to work for.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 15, 2017
Loved working with the people. Everyone works as a team. Willing to help one another. Good benefits. Very caring , willing to allow you to take care of your family. Multi tasking is required. Very demanding on safety. Good pay
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS
Cons
VERY DEMANDING
Easy quick good paying
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2017
Waste management is a good company it's a easy job to get. They hirer you if you really wanna work it's a for sure easy job everyday is the same so you don't have to worry about what's going to happen at work before you get there
must be alert
Roll-Off Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 13, 2017
must be attentive and safe. pay attention to what you are doing. be alert and aware of your surroundings. be cautious of other drivers. be mindful of the task at hand.
Fun environment very professional
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 13, 2017
This was a great place to work, the environment was fun and energetic. The only negative was that they did everything by the book there was no room for interpretation.
Pros
Fun and energetic
Cons
To strict
Cool job to work at. Always talks of safety.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at WM. I was hoping to one day retire from WM. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. WM have a lot of benefits ofrom being a employee. I miss working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.