Waste Management Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,548 reviews matching the search
daring strength which challenge you physically
Loader in Waste management (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 14, 2016
daring strength which challenge you physically where if your not into fitness you will have a tough time keeping up with the fellow workers i'm glad of my experience i've experienced with waste management very earthly balance which shows you different walks of life
Pros
Beautiful sights
Cons
Michigan weather lol
Productive and fun/social workplace.
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
Waste Management is a great company to work for. The people working there are honest and transparent. The management style is good, however, sometimes managers are overloaded with to many people to manage under them. Co-workers are helpful and will assist if help is needed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the re-tape associated with billing errors to resolution. Over all, WM is a flexible company to work for that cares about it's people.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Healthcare, good benifits
Cons
Outdated routing and billing systems made admin functions difficult
Waste Manageement
Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake and West Jordon, UtahApril 9, 2016
Good company to work for. Great Benefits to the employees. Safety with this company apply only when the higher up people are watching! On typical day time went fast, everything went smoothly. Learn allot with this company being my first real job!
Pros
First Waste Management job had love for their employees.
Cons
Second Waste Management only wanted temps, not employees.
very good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 10, 2016
i was dispached in advance and new what to expect,i learned how the trucking bussiness worked,management are easy to work with,i learned how to use the different type of equiptment,co workers were easy to get along,lifting suff that was over the wieght limit,getting paid was the best part of the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
having to pick up after workers who couldnt do there job
Very fast pace and lots of work responsiblitlity
Inside Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 16, 2016
Co workers and immediate managers were all very helpful and fun to be around and work along side. The higher management were very unorganized and were not great to work with.
Pros
Okay benefits and good pay
Cons
Not very family oriented and very hard on its workers.
Friendly atmosphere with employee engagement.
Router (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 20, 2016
Friendly atmosphere with employee engagement. Management allows daily input from co-workers of all levels insuring everyone has a stake in the day to day operations.
Pros
Benefits and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Centralized dispatch with minimal face-to-face contact with front line employees.
Fun place to work once I implemented a change in the culture.
Area Sales Manager, Kentucky I IN market area (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
Waste and recycling is an exciting industry that actually makes an impact on the environment. Many companies maintain or work to reduce the carbon footprint. The waste and recycling industry actually works to improve and sustain a better world.
Wonderful working environment!!!!!
Customer Experience Rep (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 7, 2016
I just made it to my one year here at WM, I love this company the work environment is great, the supervisors are great and anybody will help with anything you have an issue with. looking forward to growing throughout this company!!!
Pros
great benefits, weekly pay, pto and vacation time
Cons
n/a
This company always felt like home to me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85029April 26, 2016
I started on as a temp but they hired me on fill time right now. I worked in their call canter for hours and I loved working one on one over the phones to settle disputed bills or setting up new accounts, taking paymnets etc.
Pros
lunch and breakfast all the time in the breakromm
hard work self motovation
CDL Residental Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 14, 2016
Early start time, 12-14 hour days, customer service, dedicated routes, strict rules to follow, Hardest party of my job is staying fit and driven, I have learned Self Respect and great Customer Service, Management is Office work only not out in the field they are more worried about there bonuses
Pros
Interacting with Customers
Cons
14 hr days
cool
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 8, 2016
cool ly learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems t
Waste Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 12, 2016
Strong corporate company that give a good work/life balance.

High in sales and time management

Set own goals

A typical day at work means venturing out to clients to ensure satisfaction. If a customer is looking to cancel, we must work with them to maintain our relationship with them.
Pros
benefites
Cons
stress
Over all great benifits.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 26, 2016
In time you can acquire vacation and personal time.
Also the company matches up to 100% for 3% percent of your earnings.
If you need personal time to be with family for emergencies? No problem.
Pros
You get a boot allowance once a year.
Cons
Every place has its cons. It depends on what you as a person expect from what you contribute.
The truth
Residential Operator (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAApril 13, 2016
Waste Management is the big brother to all waste industries companies. Only reason I rated it lower than Republic is the department i worked in was a little under paid i felt. But overall its a great company.
Pros
management, hours of work, over time
Cons
not any thats significant other than they start driver off a little low
Hardworking but yet fun environment
Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Once i clock in, i proceed to my assigned truck and head to our stationed routes. Since i'm great at what i do, my shifts never last as long as others. I usually help others since i finish early. I learned patience at this job and the management is pretty ok and always work around my availability. My co-workers are not as dependable but friendly and inviting. The hardest part about the job was being able to be in a good state with my body. I am getting worn out and i'm worried about my bodies state. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to get through my routes and have customers thank me and reward me for properly handling their trash bins.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
health care, outdoorsw
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 19, 2016
i have learned a great amount in this company. Employees are great and help out when you need it. Route Managers can use an improvement, they lack communication which can be very difficult at times in certain situations. other than that they are all very good Managers.
Pros
Free luches at times
Cons
only Temporary
Great Benefits - No culture
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2016
Waste Management has some of the best benefits on the market, including a company vehicle you can take home every day. The down side is the hours. You will work long long long hours with this company. The normal is 12 -14 hours each day. The day is run by chaos no matter how much organization you attempt to add to it. Be prepared for early mornings and late nights. If you have no family or children and you're willing to work the hours this could be a good place for you. Family and work life balance doesn't exist to this organization. Being the largest refuse company in the world you would think there would be a strong corporate culture to go along with the big title. To date, WM has failed to develop any sort of corporate culture nationally or locally.
Pros
Great pay if you negotiate in the beginning as well as good benefits.
Cons
Very long hours, no holidays, poor work life balance, no corporate culture what-so-ever
Great employees and hands on management at least when I worked there.
Customer Service & ICARE Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
Typical day at work is doing your assigned duties with minimum supervisor support. Team-work; employees doesn't mind helping one another with work details.
Pros
Hour lunch and free to laugh at each other without insults.
Cons
No cons.
Great Company
Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitmore Lake, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Three tours with Waste Management, all on Different levels.

(2000 - 2002) During this time I was just a driver. I trained new drivers in Commercial Front End Load operations.

(2004 - 2005) Great place to work, made a lot of connections here inside the business. I was in charge of taking care of one of the largest company contracts in the United States. Dealing with the client first hand and making sure that all of their needs were dealt with in a timely manner.

I had 50 employee's in 3 lines of business working under me. I took care of all training for all employee's from new hire orientation to on going safety training.

I received Best in State Safety award for 2005. My crew went 10 months without an accident or injury.

(2008 - 2011) Lead Driver/ Trainer
safety driven environment
Residential Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Productive and people environment. I learned a lot about people management and punctuality skills. The hardest part of the job was managing routes when unexpected call offs occurred. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see staff feel rewarded for their efforts at the end of the work day.
Pros
incentive, compensation, people oriented, educational updates and training
Cons
staff shortage, incidents