Waste Management Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,497 reviews matching the search
very good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 10, 2016
i was dispached in advance and new what to expect,i learned how the trucking bussiness worked,management are easy to work with,i learned how to use the different type of equiptment,co workers were easy to get along,lifting suff that was over the wieght limit,getting paid was the best part of the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
having to pick up after workers who couldnt do there job
love it
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2016
I loved this job the people were awesome great teamwork this was a place where I was able to grow I loved working here it was just too badd I had no opp. for advancement
It's a good company to work for and make a living.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCMarch 9, 2016
Waste Management is a good company to work for. A typical day is usually around 10-12 hours worth of driving and loading. While working with Waste Management, it has taught me that organization is a must when it comes dealing with different vendors who both load and unload the same products. Though the same product is being shipped, no two companies are alike in the procedures while doing so. I really enjoy what I do at Waste Management and I do not have any bad things to say about the company.
Hard labor in factory
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 9, 2016
My every day of work required of cleaning,recycling, and heavy lifting. I spent most of my time working 12 hour shift's cleaning out the machines and working on the conveyor belt.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long work hours, and danger in the workplace
productive
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitmore Lake, MIMarch 8, 2016
productive, sate, overall good place to work. home at night. home for the weekend, Saturday, and Sunday. excellent benefit package and excellent pay
productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, FLMarch 7, 2016
picking up trash all day,learned to drive a trash truck,management were mean,co-workers good people,hardest thing of the job was the tiredness after work,money was good
benefits
Cons
heavy work
Great company
Senior Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 5, 2016
Waste Management is a great company that allows you to learn and grow in your career.
They offered a very challenging position, but was there to make sure I was able to succeed and grow.
Strong company.
Major & National Accounts Manager - MN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Well organized, professional culture. Up to date systems and training. Locations everywhere. Publicly traded. Invest in their equipment.
Productive and fun/social workplace.
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
Waste Management is a great company to work for. The people working there are honest and transparent. The management style is good, however, sometimes managers are overloaded with to many people to manage under them. Co-workers are helpful and will assist if help is needed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the re-tape associated with billing errors to resolution. Over all, WM is a flexible company to work for that cares about it's people.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Healthcare, good benifits
Cons
Outdated routing and billing systems made admin functions difficult
very productive work environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMarch 1, 2016
good environment ,good people, very productive, very high turn over ratio. you work hard you'll last ,if you're too slow they fire you. 40+ picks per min at 10-12 hrs who wouldn't get tired and slow down.
Pros
good money, good promotions
Cons
continuous breaking down of machinery
The best company out there
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 28, 2016
Hands down the best waste company to work for. Very safety orinatated.Very good pay but has gotten stricter in the last few years
Good team, great management
Dedicated Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Ault, COFebruary 28, 2016
Great opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company without being overlooked on a personal level while building a CDL career.
Busy and growing place to work
Setup Agent I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2016
Waste Management is a growing company with growing ideas. The job requires long hours at the computer. I love my co-workers and the beneifts.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Call Center
fun place to work
truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 24, 2016
enjoyed job with this company.unfortuantly I slide on ice and they let me go. was a good company to work for. drove a rear load residential garbage truck
Productive, Friendly, Family business.
Steam Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work at, co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Management is very well organized. Not to many opportunities to go up and be promoted.
Pros
Family Parties
Cons
Promotions
waste management
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Lake Providence, LAFebruary 22, 2016
it was a good way to see and me new people and become a part of such large company.I learned a lot of safety rules and tips.they provide us with food and drinks and make you're dressed for the job
Pros
long breaks
Cons
to much work and not enuff pay
Productive and fun workplace with pool table
Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 17, 2016
Fast paced, good pay, with the opportunity to sometimes work as your own boss. Well-maintained trucks and machinery. Clean trucks
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Waking up very early
great people to work with
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 15, 2016
A work day would normally start at either 5, or 6 am. Each day would start with a group huddle, and discuss a safety topic, and another employee driven topic if needed. I learned a lot at this job about different rules and regulations, and how it can affect a job being done, why they are in place. Management was always available for helping with problem solving and open to clear communication. Working with others at Waste Management is always fun. Every day you could have a conversation either before or after your scheduled work with a different person. I think the toughest part of being a driver for WM is working during poor weather, especially during the winter months. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse group of people as well as the pride in knowing every day that you are safely operating a commercial vehicle and keeping yourself, your co-workers, and the general public safe whenever you are out on route.
Pros
Decent pay, good overtime, great co-workers
Cons
poor weather
A great place to work with others and envirorment
Laborer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, PAFebruary 14, 2016
I have learned a lot about safety on an entire new level, the dangers that occur of working in the oil field and how you and your team has to be alert at all times.
Pros
great pay and learning expericence
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Cutting Edge
Route Mgr - All LOB's (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Waste Management is one of the better companies O have worked for. They are on the cutting edge of technology and all other Waste Companies follow their lead. If you are fortunate enough to be hired on, do not leave, you are at the best place to work.