Waste Management Employee Reviews

Big Corporation
Manager Computer Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
This is one of the largest waste companies in the United States, but when they hire 20 people and then use them for 60 plus hours a week, and then lay them off in just a year.....you figure it out.
Pros
None to Mention
Cons
More than I can state here.
Driver
Driver/Loader (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Great job but long hours.and working in all kind of weather.but working the trash business was the best job I had and loved the crew I worked with very fast paced.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
eat lunch on run
na
Forklift/Skid Steer Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2018
it was my job to make sure everyone had things to do i sometimes cleaned the field or empty the drum which was a hugs rotating drummer that sifted the garbage
Decent pay / decent bennifets.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Good place to work at to provide for your self or family. Hazardous work conditions at times with out proper PPE. Hours are hard on your family and you have to work weekends. No or very little room for advancement.
Pros
Weekly pay and bennifets
Cons
Very little or no room for advancement
Route Manager
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2018
The company gave everyone a $2000 tax break except route managers and there appears to be gender inequality in salaries. The job itself is stressful but rewarding. Overall pay is competitive. High turnover of managers.
Opportunity is where you find it.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Waste is a big company with the ability to move around within the company. I however was involved in the heavy equipment end of things and liked it.Management gave each individual the independence to work with a minimum of supervision which I liked as I hate to have someone looking over my shoulder all the time.
Pros
Never run out of work or overtime.
Cons
Not very exotic if you are status minded.
Stay Away I beg you
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 23, 2018
If like driving trucks from the year 2000 trucks be breaking down this is the place for you... I would never ever in my life reference not even my enemy to come here stay away it is the worst work environment ever.. Especially the Pasadena Texas yard please you were warn...
Pros
The benefits was the only good think
Cons
You drive the worst trucks every day for 12 hours..Route managers don't care about you
The best thing about this job you can play your music off your phone
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJanuary 23, 2018
The day starts off real smooth as usual we come in we exercise stretching overall the staff is very cool really don't have problems the thing is they don't want you sitting around playing around long as you coming to do your job I think you would be okay
Pros
Love the pay
Cons
Short breaks
just not for me
Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 23, 2018
MY experience with waste management was very frusting from the get go. The working face was always hectic, my co workers were always yelling either at me or one another, the equipment was always down, and we worked crazy hours. Aside from having an accident(which I willingly admit), I am glad to have left the Okeechobee landfill
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
toxic work enviroment
Summer Job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJanuary 23, 2018
The job was to clean all around the island and maintain the tree that was close to the gov. roadside. I learned how to use the different gardening tools and give litter information.
Awsome job
driver/trash .recycle (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work cannot complain a good day with no complaints from costumers is very relaxing usualy a good 8 hours with nobody on my back just do my work professionally n safe also if help is needed I can work extra hours to help my fellow coworkes ...............................................................................................................................................
Pros
Everything about the company is great
Cons
Working on holidays
Great company to work for.
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Heiskell, TNJanuary 22, 2018
Went to work everyday in a great mood.
I got my class b drivers license.
The bosses are very understanding.
Outside everyday taking turns with your partner between driving or throwing some trash on the back of the garbage truck.
VERY high paced you had a clock out time you had to hit in order to make more per hr.
Being able to hit the air horn for children everyday in the neighborhoods to get them excited was the best thing about the jobs.
I have kids that get excited about big trucks and loud horns just awesome seeing kids freak out over the trucks .
Pros
Great weekly pay, Benefits
Cons
work no matter what the weather is really smelly
I worked through a temp service
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 22, 2018
This job taught me how to work with others and the value of hard work it kept me in shape I also learned the roads around South Jersey and other areas
Pros
Job kept me in shape and I learned the roads
Cons
Working in all types of weather conditions
Hard Place to work Low pay
Hooper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 21, 2018
On a Regular day you’d be gettin trash dumping in garbage truck for at least 13 hrs a day. They pay minimum wage in Mississippi sooo the pay wasn’t that good for all that labor your doing.
Pros
Get Paid Every Week
Cons
Short breaks
horrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJanuary 21, 2018
This is a call center with High expectations. You were barely allowed to breath after disconnecting with a call before you are required to answer the next. Every phone call is recorded and once weekly you had to sit with a supervisor and review three of your random calls. they were required to find at least one thing wrong even if your call was excellent and the criticism was NOT constructive. It was brutal to work here. You also have to supply your own office supplies. I'm talking pen and paper.
Pros
Cons
negative environment
Work Place
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Long Hours, Good Management, but too much time from family. There are safety bonuses for employees, refresher training and gathering for employees and family
Pros
insurances
Long, laboring days.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, FLJanuary 20, 2018
There's always work for "temps" (My job title). Overtime hours are easily accumalated. You have weekends off but have the choice to work Saturdays. Waste Management have a training program for driving their trucks.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Learned many things
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJanuary 20, 2018
My time at waste Management I've learned a great deal of things that can help me with future Employers. The thing I liked most about to he job I that you get full benefits and paid every week.
Flexibility, career advancement, offered benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
Worked as a Customer Service Rep in a call center environment. Calls were inbound and dealt with customer trash services for a specific region. Job offered very flexible schedule and pay was average however offered good benefits. At times job was stressful due to WM servicing new areas and getting familiar with what was offered for specific regions.
Great work life balance and pay. Horrible micromanaging and management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2018
Started off as best job i ever had. Soon after new management came in..it’s like you had to become a robot and do everything they said their way. You couldn’t be your own person and bring in your own style like they say you can with being an outside sales rep. Favoritism happens big time here. No matter if you are putting in just as much effort and hours. Your manager won’t care.
Pros
Work life balance and pay
Cons
Micro management, favoritism, backstabbing, managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.