Waste Management Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,497 reviews matching the search
not a great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ault, COFebruary 9, 2016
horrible place to work. never felt like a real person. only good thing was steady work and bennies. just want to be human agian
cool
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 8, 2016
cool ly learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems t
recycler
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 7, 2016
its a decent job to work at if you dont mind getting really dirty.
its a decent job i enjoyed my time i worked here and loved the early morning shift
Hardworking but yet fun environment
Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Once i clock in, i proceed to my assigned truck and head to our stationed routes. Since i'm great at what i do, my shifts never last as long as others. I usually help others since i finish early. I learned patience at this job and the management is pretty ok and always work around my availability. My co-workers are not as dependable but friendly and inviting. The hardest part about the job was being able to be in a good state with my body. I am getting worn out and i'm worried about my bodies state. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to get through my routes and have customers thank me and reward me for properly handling their trash bins.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
health care, outdoorsw
Great chance to learn!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Beckville, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I get to use heavy equipment in a work environment that few people get to enjoy! I love to work outdoors and this job has plenty of that. I also love to assist with the paperwork that most people would try to ignore.
Pros
Great chance to learn about heavy equipment from more experienced co-workers.
Cons
Must start as a temp.
great place to work
Billing Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2016
everyone is very helpful and works great in a team environment. When you need help someone is always willing to assist even if they are busy. management is wonderful.
safety driven environment
Residential Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Productive and people environment. I learned a lot about people management and punctuality skills. The hardest part of the job was managing routes when unexpected call offs occurred. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see staff feel rewarded for their efforts at the end of the work day.
Pros
incentive, compensation, people oriented, educational updates and training
Cons
staff shortage, incidents
Great Company
Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitmore Lake, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Three tours with Waste Management, all on Different levels.

(2000 - 2002) During this time I was just a driver. I trained new drivers in Commercial Front End Load operations.

(2004 - 2005) Great place to work, made a lot of connections here inside the business. I was in charge of taking care of one of the largest company contracts in the United States. Dealing with the client first hand and making sure that all of their needs were dealt with in a timely manner.

I had 50 employee's in 3 lines of business working under me. I took care of all training for all employee's from new hire orientation to on going safety training.

I received Best in State Safety award for 2005. My crew went 10 months without an accident or injury.

(2008 - 2011) Lead Driver/ Trainer
Good co-workers and benefits
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 25, 2016
Good people but out of date data systems from 1980.

Management and directors are constantly changing so it makes it difficult to establish expectations.

Hired for sales but too bogged down with operations and meetings about missed collections.
Pros
Brand name company
Cons
new management every 6 months
Great Pay, call center enviroment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
Great pay, call center environment, high stress calls, trained to take calls around the country. You were constantly having escalated calls from unsatisfied customers. Leads would rarely take phone escalations.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Micro Managed
Independant work enironment with lots of overtime
Driver, inspector, scale operator (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Every driver has a route that they work for the day. There are three lines of business; residential, commercial, roll off. Each driver has set routes that they work every week except for the roll off drivers in which they do the work as a call in/need basis. Each driver is on their own throughout the day and work at their own pace to get the routes done. The day is done when the work is done. The faster you work the sooner you get home.
Good
Loader - Temp (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 19, 2016
It's okay place to work to make a weekly quick pay check. The guys are cool they need to just hire in the temps that been there for 8 - 10 years.
great company
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Couldn't be happier with the overall atmosphere of the company great place for drivers and managers to work. Would recommend working at this company to anyone.
Stressfull workplace
Outside Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2016
Company takes care of its employees. Good Benefits and time off policies. Pay does not correspond with work. The job that I do is all contract based.
Pros
As long as you make your number you can work from anywhere
Cons
Not much upward movement.
Given below
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Waste Management was also a great place to work. It afforded me an opportunity do my job and also work in the Sales Department selling their products and to go from site to site training other employees on their computer system.
nice and quiet job opportunity that allows individuals to be able to work independantly
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
able to have every other weekend off.
12 hour shifts for full time employees.
work as a team to watch security cameras but able to have own workspace and own desk area.
trusts employees enough to allow them to make own decisions and calls on alarms.
Pros
off every other weekend, work 4 days rest 3, everyone looks out for one another
Cons
contract job with high priced health insurance plans
Great workplace
Bill rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Great environment to work at! Management is there big on promoting with in. Also the employees are great the love working and have nothing but good things to say about company.
intresting and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day was phones ringing and drivers coming in and out, having patients and prioritizing workload was a learning experience everyday. Management was very involved and willing to help out, co workers were all team players and fun to be around. the hardest part of this job was handling upset customers, the most enjoyable part of this job was talking to so many different people on a daily basis and building a good work relationship with them.
Pros
lots of advancement opportunities, fun place to work
Great Company
Sr. District Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 12, 2016
Great company, but the work load is way to heavy for this job. Long hours and can never get caught up with the required task.
Loved working everyday
Hopper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 11, 2016
I loved getting up going to work with my co-workers.Everyday was a task. The hardest part of this job was never knowing what type of weather you will be dealing with. Rain, sleet, snow, hot, or cold. None of that mattered when it came to working for the city. I learned how to work in an environment no matter what the weather was like. The pay was okay I couldn't complain but it was enough to provide for me and my family. It was a blessing to me this job came right on time. I thank them for the opportunity that was given to me working for this company.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
bad weather