Waste Management Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,497 reviews matching the search
Waste management
Inside Commercial Rep (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Worked a year and a half and it was a great schedule to work 8am-5pm. The benefits are great and you can get easily involved in other areas.
Pros
Benefits and Work Schedules
Cons
Pay is structured where it is harder for sales to stick
Great company to work for.
Assistant to Senior District Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2016
I love working for Waste Management. It's a very good company to work for. We have many safety rules and guidelines to go by. I work with 4 locations and I have a very good relationship with everyone. My manager, mechanics and office people work well together and communicate.
I have learned how to input warranty claims.
My work day is enter fuel and hours for all the fleet. Enter lubes that was used, close work orders, give PO#'s, get invoices, send in signed invoices to A/P and answer phone calls.
I order parts and put parts up. I do inventories for 4 locations.
Benefits
Cons
Only off for 3 Holidays.
A uncomfortable place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Let me say selfish company! The workers that are out on the front is not appreciated. Management is very poor. Mainly everything with this company that go wrong gets put off on the workers. I wish the company would treat you like family other than just another employee that management have to deal with. Employees have no rights hear. Also I see poor customer service. Customers with waste management should get the most high service they deserves. People hear are not trained that way. I beleive in giving even my meanest customers good service because that's should be part of the reason they come hear. Managers don't take advice, they know everything even though they was previously a regular worker like you. All in all I wish my voice would be heard and some of these serious issues be address or could cost our competitor's to take some of our buisness and lose a lot.
Pros
None really
Cons
Poor Management, poor customer service, no love for empoyees
Enjoyable Company to work for
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Management was very professional. All co workers got along great and learned so much about the waste business. Customer service and safety was excellent.
It was a ok work place.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 5, 2016
Management could of been better. Good benefits and pay. The trucks and trailers could of been better serviced. overall it was a ok job.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Management & equipment
Most jobs being outsorced now
Buyer 1 (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 5, 2016
The are looking ot outsource most middle and lower jobs and keep only sr management by 2017.

Most jobs going over to India
sales
Driver/ Residential Trash -Collector (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 31, 2015
You could make a lot of money if you know how to sell. They have great a great product that helps business owners run their finances better.
Not Great work place
Driver and waste inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2015
The management in grand rapids is terrible and they only care about making a profit for the company. The equipment is antiques and always breaking down. If you enjoy being yelled at and treated bad for having a truck break down on you that has over 1 million miles on it and barely runs. ( but that is always the drivers fault). Bad can't stress that enough.
Productive and collaborative company to build a career
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2015
My day to day operations are within the Contingent Labor Program at Waste Management. I assist with coordinating moving parts of multiple projects and the administrative responsibilities that accompany those projects. I work with a team that is very proactive towards achieving the results as specified by our business leaders / partners. The most challenging and rewarding experience of my job is trying to keep the status of the projects updated, which turns out to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Independent work space, Holiday Luncheons, Social Gatherings and the occasional office celebrations
Cons
As a contractor I do not experience the full benefits as an employee
good drivers nice place to work
Hopper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 23, 2015
waste management is a nice place to work because of the drivers and co-workers .everything was great working for waste management more so the used goods I picked up along the way .
Pros
used goods
Cons
early hours
Had a good work environment to work vey professional
Route Manager/Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 21, 2015
They were always fair and equal. I enjoyed working there very much. I enjoyed being outside. The work was hard but enjoyable. coworkers were fun to be around.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
physical
always have work to do, hydraulics a very big part of the job
Lead Technician, Second Shift (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach , FloridaDecember 20, 2015
Start work at noon, work till 10:30, thats a normal day. Co- worker is awesome man, young, but intelligent, always willing to help out. Fleet is older, but reliable.
Training on the computer is Great, not to hard to dig out any info we need to help us get the job done
Pros
Barbque lunches
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, deducted
Assist customers with friendly accurate service with a smile
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 18, 2015
In today’s cutomer srvice oriented society, timely, friendly, and productive service is sought to enance future buisness growth .

Customer loyalty is always impackted when you employthe right service professional to representwhenassisting your valued customers.

My long-term expierence in the service ndustry has taugt me howto meet and exceed each customers exceptions with servicee in sales . I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings.
Fast paced office environment
Scalehouse Attendent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 17, 2015
I am proficient in multi-tasking, we have multiple various job functions and cross trained functions that I assist on a daily basis.
Pros
Great office hours
Cons
Hard to leave for 30min lunch period
Decent
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2015
The job is a pleasure. Management is decent. Structure needs work. Benefits are good. Vacation time isn't the best. Nice office space in the new location. Overall decent
Productive and fast paced work environment
Operations Specialist (IN TRAINING) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 17, 2015
Attention to detail is highly required. Interactions with many different groups of people: Employees at different sites, Customers, Vendors
Corporate setting
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2015
The setting was very Corporate and quiet.
I learned more about AR with this company.
Management could be one sided.
Co-workers could not keep to themselves.
Hardest part was getting what you needed from others to complete your job in a timely manner.
Was a good learning experience.
Pros
The Experience
Cons
Too much socializing
hard work
Front load commercial driver June 2003 (Current Employee) –  East Tawas, MIDecember 13, 2015
long hours, have to make up holidays, not much time off, trucks are mostly old, co-workers are good people, always being watched by drive-cam
Pros
good benifets and pay
Cons
always working
Productive work place with a lot of long hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 10, 2015
A great place to work, with good people to work with. good compensation, however not a great vacation plan. Poor compensation for medical leave.
Pros
out in the community all day.
Cons
not enough employees to split the work load properly.
Very good place to work.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 9, 2015
Worked the best of may ability and worked well with others
Trained men on different positions
Created reports on computer for logging mileage.