Waste Management
1,345 reviews

Waste Management Employee Reviews

ok job
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee), Wooster, OHApril 8, 2015
Long hours, hard work, decent pay and benefits. Bad management and the company doesn't compete with other trash service. Drive cameras are a major pain!!!!
Easy job, bad computer system management doesnt know what they are doing
Inside Commercial Rep (Former Employee), phoenixApril 8, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: everything else
A typical work day log in check work emails get call backs done and take calls. Management doesn't know what they are doing and they do not give you the tools to do your job, the pay changes all the time but the DOS like computer system doesn't (redundant work for a sale)
NA
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
Waste Management is a great company with a diverse culture.

Its management functions are beneficial to both the company and all employees,
Moving up to management
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Becoming a manager
Cons: being let go for a new management team after 20 years at the job
Starting out as a driver then working my way to the management team was very important to me. Learning the business of the top down and all the in/outs.
Operations Specialist review
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Chillicothe Ohio 45601April 7, 2015
Waste Management has offered the opportunity to enhance outside the box thinking. This position demands constant attention to details and the movement of the operation.

Waste Management does not – more... provide opportunity for advancement from inside of the company for the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana Market. The tendency is to hire outside of the company rather than from internal resources that have developed the skills required for company positions. – less
Horable local management
. "whatever we need guy" (Former Employee), Beaumont, TexasApril 4, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Local Management
One route manager tells you to do one thing, and before you can even get started on that task, another route manager calls you to assign you another task. Many unhappy customers on routes. Was sent out – more... one day to service a customer that was missed on normal route, was told by management it was a residential customer with a rolling hand cart.... WRONG!! it was a 2 yard container overflowing with maggot filled trash. Management instructed me to transfer (by hand) the trash from the container to the residential hand cart I took there to switch out. Oh, and I was hired as a roll off driver. Never did get to do what I was hired for. I self terminated myself... – less
Great Company, Terbile management and support of employees
Inside Commercial Sales Rep (Current Employee), Moon Township, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great staff and co workers, enjoyed most aspects of the regular work day
Cons: Not much change for advancement unless you're in with the in crowd.
Taking numerous calls, mostly sales and calls for new business oppurtunites. Also checked on issues with service as well.
Work experience
Outside Sales Representative (Account Executive) (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 30, 2015
My experience at WM was quite interesting. I was able to bring in new accounts as part of my OSR role and develop relationships with both external and internal customers.

My co-workers were a great part of the team and I truly enjoyed working with all of them and especially management.
Waste Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Smyrna, GeorgiaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, incentives.
Not family friendly. Can't use a sick day if it's your child YOU have to be sick or you get an 'occurrence'. Office environment has way too much drama. Management will throw you under the bus real quick if they tell you something and then they can get in trouble for it...
great pay
Residential Driver (Current Employee), Gilbertsville, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: the company relocated
pre/post trip inspection, delivering products to local farms and businesses. Worked with help. The job was fairly easy and gave me the ability to interact with customers.
Productive Company
Driver (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: being home everyday
I loved working for WM because of my co-workers and my supervisor, I would go back and work for them in the future if the right position opened up.
not great
Laborer/Oilfield Technician/Operator (Current Employee), North East OhioMarch 23, 2015
i work on the oilfield side and its constantly up and down. very unstable. the job itself is a great job to have but it is hard to get hours when its slow. i love all of my co-workers
great place to work need some work
operator (Current Employee), Columbia,SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits overtime
Cons: long hours sometimes no structured organization
Great place to work. I wish the corporate will push earning to the employees and advancement. I've been there a long time and got a lot of experience. It feels like they don't want people to advance.
 – more...
Raises are a joke. They need to work on that and let the management decide what to give. Supposed to be based on performance. Everyone gets the same raise. Just feels like your not appreciated for your work. – less
Dangerous work, awful leadership
Laborer (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: no union, many violations occur in that facility unreported.
Pay is great, leadership is awful. Member of corporate is stationed out of Saugus location. Constantly berating employees and belittling them. Money is great, only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Day in Waste
Inside sales (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: healthcare and breaks
Cons: difficult managers - unprofessionals
come into the call center with over 100 agents
learned to be disciplined and work w/out a supervisor always on hand. Management was out in the field or in the office for any reviews. Co-workers was a friendly – more... environment. Hardest part of the day was not knowing accurately how many roll off containers were available going into the weekends or hurricane season. Most enjoyable time was the friends we made and the bonuses. – less
ping pong table
driver (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 19, 2015
it was always fun working for my company,the people there was respectful and reliable,plus im always stress free when im at work...
Good company
Driver/Front load Driver (Former Employee), ArizonaMarch 18, 2015
WM is the best company I ever worked for until touch pads, and electronic routing took over... Management added exaggerated workloads inspecting to finish arguing that GPS and electronic routing was faster but in reality it was a waste of time.
Best Company to work for
Roll off Route Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good work schedule took care of employees
Cons: sold the company
always professional cared about the employees, good benefits package all in all a great place , always worked and trained you on all aspects of the business
great with a break room
Driver (Former Employee), C.A.March 16, 2015
great place to learn how to drive jeeps, stingers, front load trucks, trucks are great running and they help you learn other trucks they have lots of space to move up.
I love dispatching here
Diapatcher (Former Employee), Colombia, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, alot of work little pay
Cons: management picks and chooses
I really liked working at Waste Management just the job was to far for my travel and the hours where changing. Just not able to do the travel for the money.

About Waste Management

Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are – Read more

Waste Management Salaries

$45,000 per year
Customer Service Representative
$13.50 per hour

Waste Management Photos

WM employees love engaging with and giving back to the communities they service.
A helper operating safely on the back of a residential truck in Southeast Texas
Drivers gather for a morning safety meeting. Safety is a core value with zero compromise at WM.