Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,896 reviews matching the search
Fun and supportive environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2016
I only worked for Waste Management 6 months because I moved but I loved working for the company. Everyone supported one another and management truly cared about their employees. Pay and benefits were the best I've had. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
Just not the right fit for me
Rolloff Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 13, 2016
I wanted to go back to my truck/mechanic and heavy equipment skills. There is no way to advance and no raises. The guys are nice but some work and others don't.
Pros
Good family man job
Cons
No way to move up
good job
dual drive Manual side loader (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 31, 2016
had up and downs like any job. great benefits and job security but work conditions could be a lot better. company could have better equipment. u can transfer after 90 days. all benefits kick in after 90 days
ICR review and honest Feedback
Inside commercial rep./ ICR (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 21, 2016
The upper management at the call center is Horrible. The team leads and management were great and seemed to really care about the employee. On the other hand their boss was never there and when she was she only cared about numbers and really could care less about the customers on numerous occasions she would listen in to my inbound calls. She by accident pulled her head phones out of her lap top and the volume was up and it was my call on the lap top she was listening to she was sitting diagonal from me could help but hear it. She is Extremely unprofessional and holds grudges. So stay on her good side if there is one. There was very little support from her position from what I noticed and that call center would run much better if they replaced her. The company as a whole is a great company and believe in being the best everyday. I don't work there any more but I bleed green and yellow to this day. I hope the higher management for the area really look into the call center management to see why they have such a high turn around its because of the manager. Over all I would recommend working there.
Pros
Benefits and resonable pay
Cons
Upper call center management
nice starter company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907September 26, 2016
nice starter company, good benefits, management was ok to work with. recycle was better to work for than refuse pickup.
not a good comany to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 9, 2017
this is a bad company to work for everyday they knock you down you only here about everything thing wrong you did and your never good enough, the shop is a joke they have no equipment and what they do have its either broken and they wont fix it or they have one and 17 guys in the shop needing to use it, they want you to fix a truck with no parts so the guys there take parts off trucks that are parked to fix a truck, its a joke. once your on night shift you never leave you will never have a day shift job, getting a day off is a joke they have a rule only one guy off at any time so all the guys with the most years get the days off they want , the night shift boss is great at mad dogging you if he feels your taking to long its the evil eye all night long, everyday your there its like the life is being sucked out and you will have no life endless overtime stay away from this company .
Pros
pay
Cons
never good enough long hours no family life bad company
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
Waste Management is a very busy but non responsive to promotions and raises of their existing employees. Difficult call center information remains inadequate and instructional base is very confusing for long term employees.
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Work environment
Customer Care Representativ (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Overall I'm very satisfied with Waste Management as a company. I really enjoy helping people as I did on a daily basis help customers get their issues resolved and provide excellent customer service.

The workplace culture was one of enjoyment everyone were always willing to help whenever needed. The hardest part of the job for me was having to assist those very irate customers that used profanity and nothing I said would calm the situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of the Waste Management team.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Just irate customers
IT was an okay job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMarch 16, 2017
On a typical day this job was quiet easy. During my time there i did not learn much other than what the company uses to make money what was valuable and what was not. The manager i worked for was a really good guy but when it came to the supervisors we had one guy who would threaten the employees by literally getting so close you cold smell what he had for breakfast also the other employees would not help with your job and explain what exactly you were suppose to be doing instead they would report you and get the other employee fired i witnessed this a few times. The job was simple so i cannot say there was a hard part of the job.
Pros
the pay was exellent
Cons
the people treated you like the trash you picked
Don't do it
Manager (Current Employee) –  confidentialJuly 22, 2016
There is a reason why Waste Management "used" to be in the top 50 companies to work for and now they are below the top 250.
If you are hired as a manager, the money is great. But will you be happy in a culture that changes daily?
Pros
Health Benefits, vacation time, holidays are great
Cons
Shark pit

Want to know more about Waste Management?

Ask a question
Great guys you work with. Made some great friends. Good pay and benefits.
Heo1 (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 4, 2016
Management is crooked, use underhanded ways to do "customization" to company trucks. Equipment has gobs of hours and tears up constantly. They treat you like gold till there tired of you and will fire you for something you done several times before under their direction. If you do not think this is correct ask the 11 people i saw come and go in the less than 2 years i worked there
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor poor management. You are nothing but a number. Watch out. NO JOB SECURITY HERE!!!!!!
not to much of a great place to work
lead operator heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  McNeill, MSJuly 19, 2016
management when i was there sucked the guy cussed and raised cane with everybody everyday about something no matter what you did or how hard you worked it was thankful
Enjoyable place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJune 29, 2016
Great place to work, Awesome management staff, great benefits, easy job responsibilities. I learned working in a controlled office environment under close supervision. Hardest part of job was accountability of data entry under intense call volume.
Pros
Accessible location, easy work
Cons
Rigid business infrastructure
Recycling Side of Business not up to PAR
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
very unorganized, losing $ every quarter and management hasn't a clue what to do with that side of business.
Unrealistic goals set due to continued loss of business
Pros
Culture, work-life balance
Cons
no stability, little advancement
good company to work for,
Supervisor / mechanic (Former Employee) –  Curtis bay, mdFebruary 27, 2017
management needs improving,
long hours,
safety orientated ppl,
pay was good
some of the management makes you think about what your doing
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
long hours, management needs improvident
its alright could be better
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2016
I love what u do and I enjoy working but, I just wish I could have more hours and more pay and more work. and wish they would keep there word and promises.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and work
hard work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 24, 2016
early start times. very physical job, you will probably run/walk about 6 miles or more day and pick up by hand around 12+ tons of trash..if you have a strong stomach and enjoy hard labor this is the job for you
benefits
Cons
to many rules
Not fun to work.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHNovember 27, 2016
This company is useless as for what they pay employees an hour. For northeast region lousy job for laborer on the truck. And driver pay isn't much more money per hour. I was told that they look for the stupidest thing to get rid of some one who has been working on the job for years to get rid of the higher pay scale guys. So the corporate officials can be paid more money. Largest trash corporation in the world and they can afford to pay people better than what they are paying for the one that is picking up the the trash off the streets. In 13 years since I have worked there. They have only moved the pay scale of about 5 dollars more an hour to start. Where I work now is independent and privately family owned business. They pay more Money to start then Waste Management
Great workplace environment
Application Support Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 8, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement along with outstanding workplace culture. Management encouraged professional growth as well as team building. Fantastic place!
there are no benifits for my position (scale clerk)??
Scale House Operator (Current Employee) –  Union Cross, NCJune 12, 2016
I love working here. the only thing i do not like is the fact that there is no perminat postion for scale clerk. managment say that they are working on it. I pray soon because i'm getting comfortable here and to not be able to enjoy the benifits of the job is very saddening..:-(

I still give an overall five because i know the potential in working here it's just not showing it for me at the moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.