Waste Management

Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 1,434 reviews matching the search
Waste Management
Customer Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TexasOctober 22, 2015
I love my job because i am able to help my customer, make sure that they get the services that they suppose to give. I have learned how to be more patient, and more aware. I enjoy my job because its a peaceful environment, all of my co-worker work together, Overall i enjoy working for the company
Excellant Company
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 21, 2015
I have found working at WM has been great. I feel that they treat people equally and fairly. I have had several managers and have worked with many personalities and have found WM hires only the best of the best. Lots of advantages for advancement.
A company that cares
Maintenance Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIOctober 21, 2015
Not only a company that cares about the environment, but one that cares about your family life as well. The keep you challenged and encourage growth within.
Great place to work with excellent benefits
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlOctober 19, 2015
Great place to work with excellent benefits. A company that still believes in promoting from with-in. This leads to a healthier work environment with dedicated & engaged employees.
productive pays the bills
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 17, 2015
This job is for people who have a good tolerance for heat, and awful smelling stuff, in the summer very hot,and in the winter very cold.
Pros
no free lunches 30min lunch breaks
Cons
good benifits
supportive coworkers and great insurance
CDL -roll off driver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TexasOctober 15, 2015
I started working for the company in 2013 and everything was going good until this Spring 2015. They weren't getting their trucks fixed the correct way and we felt very unsafe in them. We were getting too many stops and not getting done until 6:30pm and then having to be back by 4:00am. The management was very unsupportive towards how many hrs we were working. They also didn't seem to care that the trucks were old with no A/C, too many miles, and not safe to drive. My coworkers were great to work with and we all supported each other. The health insurance was great.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
old trucks that weren't safe to drive and working 65 hrs per week
A good place to work
Commercial Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 15, 2015
This is a large corporate company that provides good pay and benefits. A lot of reorganization that takes away local jobs.
Productive and fun work palce with basketball court
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 14, 2015
We start are day with a quich breath and stretch than we start breaking down and setting up really good management alot of great team members i enjoyed the sports and shows seeing everything go good after we set up.
Pros
FREE SHOWS, BASKETBALL GAMES, FOOD.
Cons
SEASONAL
CHALLENGING WORKPLACE.
Maintence (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MIOctober 12, 2015
TYPICAL day of work is always appreciated and brings a sense of accomplishment. MANAGEMENT along with my co-workers are very easy to work with and they set a very good example of what hard work is and the satisfaction a job well done brings. HARDEST part of my job is not having the training to apply for a different position in the company, which is garbage truck driver. MOST enjoyable part is learning from co-workers.
Pros
HARD DAYS WORK
Cons
NOT being able to help more
Great Company to work for,
Techincal Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIOctober 9, 2015
I loved working here. It is unfortunate I do no work there anymore. I would work there again in a heart beat. Anyone looking for great pay and great benefits. I would suggest working here.
Great benefits
Billing coordinator, accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 6, 2015
Corporate orientated. Provided training for all duties. Employees were easy to work with and fun. I learned a lot about corporations and customer accounts.
benefits
Cons
lay offs
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2015
The training department needs better trainers but once you learn the position everything is ok. The benefits are great.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to get help
Stay on your toes job
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  FreeportOctober 3, 2015
This job will keep you busy, but the crew I work with is great. I have learned a lot about the waste field and different ways to dispose of waste.
Pros
Great Benfits
Cons
Stress
The kind of job that sucks the life out of you
inbound Commercial Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2015
At first this place was great. There was no micro-managing. Then the upper management was changed. Once that happened, things started to get pretty bad at a rapid pace. The morale of the entire building went down the drain. Everyone seemed to dread coming into work. As far as the compensation goes, they changed out bonus/commission plan so much. For the majority of the time those that had very low sales numbers were making much more bonus than those of us who actually had high numbers... made no sense. We also wouldn't know what our monthly goals were usually until the middle of the month. One month they changed our goals the 2nd to the last day of the month. Really??
People who would lie to their customers and not give accurate information were the ones who were getting awards and bragged on. Those were the ones that were praised by everyone.
Pros
The hours.. M-F the latest you will work is 6pm, weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2015
Waste Management is an excellent company in terms of their interactions with the public and their transparency. They are committed to environmental sustainability.
Highs and low's Team players
DS Fleet Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH;Utica,OH; Wooster,OH ; Youngstown,OHOctober 2, 2015
There is a lot of variety in what I did each day,from entering fuel ,locating a piece of equipment to helping get a disabled person to the right place for help getting thier trash picked up at there door. It seems as if my work load keeps getting heavier. I am asked from Managers all over to do thier reports, gather info. I am being given alot of work. I am a great multitasker and see things through. I work for various facilities and we are all team players. I love being able to travel and work with them. New colleagues and friends are important. I try to support everyone. With our system being set up coporate wide the filing systems all the same I can walk into any facility and access what I need to generate reports. Excellant idea..
Cons
Need more people, trying to centralize too much and loosing that personal touch that people want in their life.
I have learned a lot of landfill environment, transporting waste is the hardest part of the job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 1, 2015
interesting work place in where I can grow and develop many skills because every day has different challenges. co-workers are so friendly, working with them is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Review Summary of Waste Management
Customer Service Representative, Level II (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAOctober 1, 2015
Giving this company my very best, was unfruitful due to the lack of support and appreciation from management. Albeit, I did advance to a higher level CSR, the level of performance I accomplished (99/100) was still insufficient compared to those who did exponentially less.
Pros
Monday-Friday, 9-5
Cons
Lack of appreciation, Lack of superior support
fun place to work very poor managment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 1, 2015
fun place to work but yet stressful at the same time management needs a lot of help poorly managed communication is not the best. one of the co workers is not great to work with sets everyone up for failure if you don't know your job complains a lot as well as most of the company
Cons
complains about breaks and lunches due to massive work load
Wonderful experience
Manager/Supervisor/Sanitation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJSeptember 30, 2015
Waste Management paid for me to attend many of their operational, management classes to ensure that I would have the knowledge and ability to lead others.
Pros
Waste Management is a Great Company to work for.