Waste Pro USA Employee Reviews

i wouldn't work let my dog work there.
Residential Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
you are running all day in the heat, i got no lunch breaks, you never know when you will be getting off work your days are from 10-16 hours a day for a lousy day rate of $100-$130. trucks always breaking down. i feel really bad for anyone who has no choice but to work there. on the plus side the management seemed like good people.
I learned while there
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCJuly 19, 2017
Its a fast pace place to work no question about that. the management is ok. Just a little dysfunctional in the way the jobs were delegated out to the drivers. My main concern was the trucks were very unsafe.
Great co workers, managemant not so much...
Swing Driver/Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 11, 2017
WastePro could be MUCH better than it is. There is a pervasive culture of "management knows best..." when the OPs manager has had business ventures of his own, that have hit the dirt. There is an abundance of knowledge at their fingertips, but they have no desire to listen. The Area VP, is just as short sighted with no vision, ideas, or creativity. He will boldly look into the face of HR and tell lies about the condition of equipment (documentation of this claim exists if anyone should try to refute it), and blame all problems on the people of the business unit. There are little to no business ethics as services that are rendered supposedly rendered, when no such routes are being ran. In short, unless there is a willingness by the SLT to see the less than desirable choices they have made in leadership in Louisiana, it will not change. That said there are great people at the Louisiana sites, that work hard, and are underappreciated for it. It is a dead end job, there are employees who have been there for 14yrs that would love the opportunity to move up, but the management team would rather bring in people from the outside and over look them. The lack of success at WastePro is of its own doing.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Anything said by managment, it is almost certainly a lie......
A good place for you while looking for something better
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2017
Has good hours, cant complain about that besides its a very messed up shift. Middle of afternoon to when ever get off unless you're the chosen one. Management doesn't have communication. Good group of (current) people working.
Over-worked and Under-paid
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2017
If you are a great employee that strives to get your job done in a timely manner and go home, this is not the place for you. They will take advantage of hard workers and run them into the ground, forcing them to help the other drivers that are slackers to complete their routes as well. The benefits are the only thing that make it somewhat worth it all. AMAZING health insurance.
Terrible management but they pay real good
Residential Helper (Current Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCMay 16, 2017
Start time at waste pro is 5:45 i get off at 11 pm every week work the job is hard a regular hourly worker wouldn't be able to handle it ive worked there for a year and
very hard and long hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 8, 2017
not enough people, routes can be aslong as 14 hours. very long hours and not enough trucks or drivers, it should be only eight hours cause is a hard job.
No there was no workplace to use
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
I spent a little time with this company and what I can say is a company of an incredible size, respecting what I like most at home is its coordination and there is a team work that I like enormously also cst An unforgettable experiance
Pros
good pay check
Cons
short breack
ggod place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2017
will have othe people work for them good pp to work with and be around the pay wasn't that good they pay every two weeks instead of every week but other than that they good ppl
waste
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 3, 2017
Overall a great opportunity, being a part of a well connected organization such as Waste Pro can really open doors and allow you to come in contact with not only great people but great experiences.
Great Company
Customer Service Rep/Office Managing (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 2, 2017
The people at this compnay are great people to with and for However the compensation package as well as having to pay for benefits is not so great. Even with a degree and experience
Pros
Great company, People, Job everyday is a great experience
Cons
compensation, health care costs
Ehh.
PM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 15, 2017
It was okay to work there. Maybe it was just the division I worked at but there was a lot of favoritism. Closed minded to new ways of doing things. Lot of issues and conflict with drivers and supervisors.
good company and benefits
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 27, 2017
good company to work for and the benefits are given to their employees. Company works hard at being fair to their employees
The RVP sucks & corporate is a joke
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2017
This was the worst experience ever! Most companies has an open door policy. Not this one! No proper training! No support! HR discusses private information with others. They expect too much for the pennies!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
You're treated like hand me downs
Production Driven Company, with some good safety bonus opportunities
Commercial operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Waste pro was a good experience, but the hours started to conflict with my family life. In particular my 12-year-old son With special needs was in need of more of my time.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Hours
Great work place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greenwoodn MSJanuary 27, 2017
Excellent customer service and very dependable . Worked well with others and was a great leadership skills. Overall it was an opportunity to learn more and grow.
waste pro
Recycle Center Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2017
Ok place to work fast paced, great pay all the overtime you want. The weather affects the work conditions. The rats are the size of a child. One can move up very quickly.
its a nice place to work.A good stepping stone
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 15, 2017
wastepro has been a good experience for me.it gave me an chance to aquire knowledge that i will need to further my career.My time at wastepro really allowed me to see what it takes to be a part of the industry
great job
Service Technician/Shop Helper (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 7, 2017
easy place to work and easy people to get along with. a great place for an experience technician, good hours and pay, there going to be hard and busy days and there going to be some laid back days
Productive and attention to detail
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I only had a brief opportunity to work at this company. The leadership was young. Need supervisor training on how to deal/communicate better with employees. My job was to operate frontloader to feed/fill the assembly line and tractor trailer with trash for shipment. The operation of the frontloader was the nucleus of the company, however it was in need of a serious overhaul. Better and safe equipment was my only issue I had with the company. Handling trash is not a good smelling job but it's a job and I would have been proud to work there. (This was a temp job.)
Pros
Full time job with growth opportunity
Cons
Wasn't there long enough to determine. (Temp work)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Pro USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8