WASTE PRO Employee Reviews in United States

A nice place to work
Helper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2016
The job would be better if management and workers would communicate better.Also provide the tools to do the job safely and in a timely manner
Not a very organized company
Boom Truck Driver and Operator (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MS 39553March 8, 2016
Company needs to have more employees for certain routes. Management does not seem to concern themselves with how long an employee must be out or how often they have to return to dump to empty. There is no balance between work and home because it was always work because there was no help on the route. There is too much management and not enough workers.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no help on routes, no break time, pay is too low for the work that is done
fort myers is a yoyo
Night Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33913March 4, 2016
I started by getting the drive up out on the road in a safe manner I learned how to fix trucks management in fort Myers don't have a clue how to treat or what is going on whit the people job or life's co works are good just like family hard part is try to explain to your super visor and they don't have a clue most enjoyment to work with co-worker we are all on the same page to get the work done
Pros
good money
Cons
two people i will not name
Good Job needs better managment
Helper/Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAFebruary 3, 2016
Good job overall good company a few people on my job site could use some better work etiquette overall you can benefit quickly with this job
Pros
Fast past, Good Pay
it was ok
Refurb Manager (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 4, 2016
sometimes the management wasn't all there. they all had a chip on there shoulder and wasn't running the company right. Some of the people need to be let go of the job.
Pros
had free lunch once
Cons
bad management
Truck driver
TRUCK DRIVER CLASS B CDL (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 24, 2015
A typical work day would be starting at two am running your route and getting off by four pm. I learned how to run many different trucks. My co workers were great. The best part of this job was the people I work with, and the work that I do to help other businesses be able to do their jobs.
decent company
Regional Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 13, 2015
Enjoy the job but not much opportunity for advancement from where I am now. Currently seeking higher pay employment and more opportunities for advancement.
Normal job
PM Preventative Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 10, 2015
Waste Pro was like any other normal job it has it's pros and cons but overall it was a pretty decent job. As an employee of Waste Pro I was the preventive maintenance technician I kept the trucks running and made sure they were able to make route everyday.
Productive job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 20, 2015
Operated all equipment in a safe and efficient way complying all relevant policies and procedures.
Conducted daily safety and maintenance checks.
Cleaned trucks as scheduled and required.
Assured trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored.
Gathered garbage from residential buildings, businesses, and other facilities.
Maintained daily records of pick-ups.
Adhered to scheduled and authorized modified route as required.
Reported malfunctions and repaired requirements to a supervisor.
Conducted other duties characteristic of classification.
Challenging and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North FloridaOctober 17, 2015
Team oriented and fast paced environment. Challenging to address some issues because results are based on action of others. Anyone who works here with direct customer contact must have a thick skin and not take negative behavior personally. Working with co-workers is the most enjoyable part of days. I've also had overall positive experience with supervisors/leadership.
Pros
Co-workers/Team environment
Cons
Short breaks, Few days off, Limited advancement, Decentralized organization
Cancel your life / family plans
Route Driver / Garbage Removal (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 12, 2015
Terrible schedule as that u get your route done in a timely matter, then you go help another route for pennies. Had to cancel family insurance plan because could not pay the bills after insurance came out..
Good place to start
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2015
nice people and good jobs have lots of fun on the work site people always there to help you and teach you,hhoihiujijoijojikopklbpgldpoblgpobkpobjrpibjorijinrtbjifbiutrnjbnepijanbipjranipjbnrapijbnipjrnijnbjirnbijngrijnbjrwngbjpiwnrbpijnrgijbniprbprborpoj
Good Maintance shop
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 7, 2015
you get lots of over time with this company, work with a real close group of guys and not a whole lot of drama in the shop, most driver are friendly
Pros
overtime
not a good place to work
Lead driver (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 24, 2015
people should never work there bad company ruines your life never picks up any thing management is bad because there is none and everything is your fault
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible Terrible Terrible to work for.
Class B Driver- Recycle (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 4, 2015
Very poor management. Hours too long and if reported to D.O.T. company could possibly face fines. Overtime pay is 4-5 dollars per hour. Below Slavery wages. This jobs is punishment for hard work ethics.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
health, very long work days. way under paid
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLMay 29, 2015
On a typical day we would set up for breakfast afterwards clean up start whichever station that I was assigned to begin lunch for maybe 200 plus students after we were finished preparing the food we would store it and clean up. Serve the students lunch, clean up, set up for the next day and then go home.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours
waste management wannabe
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 28, 2015
Terrible company don't respect the different levels of drivers they pay residential and front end drivers the same lol!!!! Management is horrible supervisor has no people skills and is a jealous snake!!!! Horrible equipment was constantly breaking down. I was ready to leave when I saw they didn't respect my skills and what I bought to the table 140 day rate for a front end driver is ridiculous and unacceptable. Glad I have my class A cdl with endorsements so getting a new better gig ain't no problem. I am truly done with the garbage business.
Cons
terrible equipment
a job is a job
Dispatcher/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 21, 2015
Liked the people in office, very welcoming and it was fast paste. from phone calls to claims to emails. I enjoyed the festivities they had and the hours offered. They made sure to involve everyone and keep a steady work place
easy going yet hardworking
Welder Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMay 18, 2015
on a day to day basis arrived at 7:30 and would work till 1 or 2 each day fixing cans and cleaning the shop. the workplace would be hectic at times but everything usually worked out.
Pros
snack room
Cons
not enough expenses
a joke
helper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke PinesMarch 7, 2015
Company is a joke no leadership a dog chasing their tails. Big routes not supportive it is a paycheck to receive could be a good Company no one there cares about you
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
management