WastePro Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 22, 2017
The company isn't a bad company. Some of the employers make its uncomfortable for a woman to work. You can make great money there if you want to work.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Health care
worst place I've ever worked
Front-load Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2017
I started a week after my route manager started only to find out I was just as qualified for his position as he was. He was also looking for another job. Trucks were breaking down everyday and they still expected you to finish your route despite DOT HOS regulations. It took me to get a ticket for garbage flying off of the truck on to the interstate for them to fix the hopper after me writing the issue up several times. I honestly wish I had someone to warn me what I was getting myself in to before I took the job.
Pros
pays the bills
Cons
everything about the company
It's a great work place.
Waste Collector (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 16, 2017
Wastepro is a good stepping stone job.Its a lot of hard work and dedication. You really have a passion about working in this type of environment . Also you are working 6 days mandatory.
Okay place to work
Hopper (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJuly 8, 2017
Okay place to work loved helping the elderly people with trash making their community a better place to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over time is less then 7 an hr
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 7, 2017
Waste pro don't care about their drivers over worked and very under paid with no over time but work 50 plus hours every week and only pay you half of your day rate per hour. If you make 130 that comes out to be 16.25 for 8 hrs and over 40hrs the over time pay is 8 dollars an hour like I said you do the min of 10hrs a day
If you want to be stress daily then heres the job for you
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 1, 2017
Horrible company to work for. Trucks steady breaking down daily. No AC inside trucks. Micromanaging is horrible. Trash left behind on the ground daily.
Pros
Cons
Longs hours, Chinese Pay & broken down trucks daily, Talk down to there drivers & blame them of the truck being broken
easy productive job
Hopper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 1, 2017
Easy productive job to work at early in the mornings and you get off at a decent time.
super easy and quick job for people.
picking & dropping off trash and cleaning up the areas after we dumped their trash.
Horrible to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 6, 2017
I interviewed and was told I would be making $20/hr . I was contacted to come in for a second interview showed up and the person I was suppose to be interviewing with never showed. Finally got offered a position but working for a temp company for two weeks only making $14/hr. My boss up and quit in my two weeks and then I was told my services would no longer be needed. The two other mechanics I work with were great. The corporation itself is not very organized and is not good to work with.
Ok
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLApril 3, 2017
This job here was pretty challenging but overall I made the best of it all. The hours are pretty crazy but hey its a job. The managers were pretty cool as well
Get out
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 12, 2017
I worked there for about a month and realize how underpaid I was after the first 2 weeks. beware of Chinese overtime. Management was okay with making racist jokes because employees would take it due to lack of knowledge, bad driving records and criminal records. They pray on the meek.
Pros
they'll hire you no matter what
Cons
over worked under paid
Productive hard work.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 17, 2016
My time at waste pro was a challenge due to all the adverse weather conditions road conditions and body physical challenges daily basis. Wastepro is a easy job to work if you are physically able, or don't physically want to work that hard there are other options available at waste Pro.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Adverse working conditions
Horrible place to work. New management will make you quit!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 3, 2016
When I first started, it was a decent place to work with a top notch manager who worked with everyone and if you needed anything, he would always do whatever he could to help you. But ever since he left, two lead drivers are playing manager and one of which is from another garbage company and has no idea what he is doing. The other lead driver thinks he knows more than he does and is making very poor decisions along with the other lead driver. The new route manager is also coming from another garbage company and said coming in he would improve everything, but instead he's running it into the ground along with the lead drivers. They do nothing to make you a better driver and give no incentives to make you want to come to work. No real room for growth here and I would not encourage anyone to join this company because you will want to quit on your first day guaranteed
Pros
Absolutely no pros
Cons
Manager, lead drivers, hours, pay, ect.
tiresome but still enjoyed my time employed with WastePro
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 27, 2016
I somewhat enjoyed working for wastepro. Some coworkers gave the needed help but some left others alone on multilple crewmember jobs.
Pros
weekly checks
Cons
wear and tear on the body
You are hired on the spot!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 22, 2016
You will QUIT your first day! Your trainer is someone who has been there less than six months. Everyone is new. Managers ignore your questions! You are supposed to do as you are told and not ask questions. When I started, a person quit a week later and now I have two job responsibilities AND I HAVENT BEEN TAUGHT THE FIRST ONE YET! Customers complaining EVERY SECOND NOT MINUTE and no one will help you assist because you don't know what to say. Corporate needs to bring in local management, people who understand the culture of Louisiana
Pros
You leave at 5!!!!
Cons
No training, no leadership, no business ethics, no teamwork, no customer service
customer service rep
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Meyers, FLMay 20, 2016
Lack of training and honesty. Only there fir three days and no formal training to learn tbe job and new procedures, forms. Training very slow and lots of issues. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing! !
Pros
good pay. insurance
Cons
no real training program
fun co-workers
Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 3, 2015
empty garbage cans pick up bulk learn to manage your time work well with your helper try not to over work yourself in the sun
Pros
nice breakroom
Cons
not enough hrs at the job
excellent place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  alabaster alOctober 20, 2015
great company to work for.
outstanding maintence
fantastic leadership in the management team
there is a lot of oppertunity to move up and make good money with this company
Cons
company put a camera and microphone in the truck pointing at the driver
Place still employs thieves
Just another body (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJuly 21, 2015
Also, Still don't care about safety and DOT regulations. Management are dead beats. They don't have your best interests in mind. Only their advancement.
Pros
Ha
Cons
You bet there is
Not enough money for the hours worked.
Front End (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMay 29, 2015
Not worth it unless they start you with a decent dayrate. 12 to 14 hour days usually 14. Not enough man power for the amount of work that needs to be done.
Pros
Other drivers
Cons
low starting dayrate and chinese overtime, 14 hour days, You make between 4 and 7 dollars an hour for overtime rate, Trucks constantly breaking down.
Garbage delivery
driver (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 18, 2014
Working too many hours with no help and sub par equipment. high turnover rate in management.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
trucks always broke down