General Job Title (Job Assignment): Product Manager
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Provide sales direction and assistance for container group products. Manage product development, product optimization and marketing
Manage product, product pricing and support collateral to maximize sales
- Establish and continually update strategies to increase product sales. Create visual sales strategy roadmaps to determine best pathways to achieve financial goals. Develop marketing tools and methods to support sales strategies, including but not limited to promotions, advertising, application information, educational tools, literature and web products.
- Establish appropriate pricing and pricing strategies for product line based on competitive benchmarking and/or other relevant information. Coordinate with sales and operations to ensure pricing/strategies will meet market needs and function as intended.
- Complete competitive benchmarking, channel research, market segment and sub-segment analysis to support sales and marketing strategies. Determine which market segment(s) and products will deliver the greatest financial return. Organize market research to show key insights and trend for channels, market segments and competition, to be reviewed on a regular basis with sales, operations and division President.
- Provide technical assistance in specifying Wastequip products. Travel with sales team member to provide applications assistance and to help close the sale were required.
- Maintain understanding of production at container facilities. Coordinate with operations on product value engineering, standardization and production improvements and product discontinuation.
Analyze and communicate margin results by product, by region and by customer.
- Mine ERP source data and develop clear visual tools representing margin performance by key category.
- Investigate positive and negative trends and identify cause for communication to operations and sales management.
- Maintain monthly visual plant to plant comparisons of product costs by SKU with breakdown of labor, material and overhead.
Execute product development activities required to launch new products and to complete improvements to existing product portfolio
- Develop visual product roadmaps to provide product development strategy and foundation for product portfolio.
- Utilizing product development and sales strategy roadmaps, determine which products or activities will assist in meeting overall Wastequip financial goals and financial goals for the product line. Determine which products need to be discontinued.
- Lead cross-functional team to complete product development activities.
- Facilitate communications between all production locations to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
- Establish product launch schedules and determine all necessary activities to complete product launch correctly and on time.
- Complete product gap analysis and determine which products are required to close gaps and to strengthen Wastequip’s market position and revenue.
- Review semi-annually at a minimum overall product line to find opportunities for continuous improvement and margin improvement.
- Develop appropriate product positioning, branding, communication strategies, sales training material and other marketing tools and strategies for new product launches.
Travel 60 %
B.S. in Engineering discipline preferred; MBA highly desirable.
At least 7 - 10 years experience in product development/launches in an industrial or manufacturing environment; 10+ years experience with directly using/installing the product may be substituted.
Must have project management experience and/or training.
Must have or obtain skills in: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Power Point
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste handling equipment & recycling equipment. We specialize in products, systems and solutions to collect, store, transport and handle a wide range of wastes, recyclables and products. Although we make a variety of quality products; we're most known for our dumpsters, waste handling equipment, compactors and balers. We're also unique in the fact that we manufacture a complete line of both steel & plastic waste handling equipment products for easy one-stop sourcing.