Effective Date: May 8, 2013
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager (OH, IN,MI,WV)
Reports to: Rob Vezina, Director Regional Sales
I. Job Summary
1.The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities for the following sales territory: Ohio, Indiana, Michigan (excluding Upper Peninsula) and West Virginia
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage all container sales activity within specified territory.
- Responsible for proactively seeking new business from private waste haulers, scrap steel companies and City / County markets, preparing proposals, administering presentations, negotiating and controlling all aspects of the sale.
- Identify, forecast and track new and existing accounts in using SalesForce CRM software.
- Position requires frequent overnight travel, typically 3 nights per week.
- Manage Dealer Network where appropriate, providing sales support and training.
- Provide high degree of customer satisfaction and “after the sale” support.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
No supervisory responsibilities generally required.
- BS/BA in Business or Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years proven sales experience.
- Ability to negotiate and close the sale to all levels of management, including before municipal and county governments.
- Basic competency on laptop PC and smart devices.
- Ability to work independently but able to work effectively in a team environment
- Insurable driving record with appropriate background checks and drug screening prior to employment.
- Must live in assigned area
V. Work Environment
- Regional Sales Manager position requires extensive overnight travel to develop and manage region.
- Much of time spent driving in a vehicle.
- Making calls both face-to-face and by telephone.
- Visiting various sites from city offices to private hauling sites.