Watchguard Technologies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Management needs a lot of work
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 19, 2017
Need better communication amongst staff and management, and a clear understanding of department policies and procedures could assist in resolving these issues.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No policies and procedures documented
Wonderful company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 16, 2017
This is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. It's exciting, well-run, and it is on good footing. The culture is great and they take care of their people.
WatchGuard Technologies - Review
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2017
WatchGuard Technologies is a great company to work for. A typical day for a field worker is flexible but one needs a lot a of discipline to be successful as there is minimal supervision. Teams are comprised of regional professionals that are matrix driven and while there is no formal chain of command within the teams themselves often the most senior person assumes the leadership role. For employees that require a leader to make the team successful this is a positive interaction, however, for employees that are seasoned professionals who understand matrix driven organizations this can often be a very frustrating experience because there is minimal interaction from Management, the team often suffers from the senior person's lack of "big picture" visibility and understanding.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Management accountability
Company that is revamping its organization
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 14, 2016
Really enjoy WatchGuard Technologies. The company is reinvesting in itself and changing to become more competitive. New C-Level staff is pushing the company in a different direction. Competence culture -overly reliant on tech. Company should invest and consider other perspectives, even if certain tech domains are more critical to the business's bottom line.
Decent place to work but very little personal growth opportunity
Manager - Support, Partner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2016
Always work to do. Busy from start to finish. I learned everything I know about managing people, conflict resolution, mentor ship, network and security technology, and how to listen to employees. I also ran many projects so I am including project management.

I was lead on the interview and hiring process for over 12 years, including developing interview questions for mutiple skill levels.

Management was decent. I would like to have had more 1 on 1 time with my management to work more on personal growth and to generally get a better feedback loop.

Co-workers were why I stayed so long in the first place, great teams.

Hardest part of my job was not knowing my priorities to stay most efficient with time management at times. Priorities changed constantly and I felt at times I was not set up for success as well as I could have been.

I really enjoyed the hiring and training process, the projects I was assigned, mentoring and growing the techs. Interactions with the partners and other departments were a big reason I stayed on.
scrappy small business
Senior Program Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
willing to chase strategic alliances and opportunities at the cost of creating a great deal of churn and waste among employee base. Top heavy management controls too much tactical decision making.
Good place to work at
Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2016
The company culture is nice. I never feel overly stressed. Workload can fluctuate but it's never overwhelming. Coworkers and management are always willing to help and answer questions.
Overall I learned quite a bit at WatchGuard and I don't regret any of it.
Manager - Support, Partner (Former Employee) –  seattle, waNovember 3, 2015
Days at work are chaotic, but fulfilling. Networking, management skills, working with other departments were great skills to pick up.Co-workers were great to work with. Managing up was very difficult and was a constant challenge. The most enjoyable parts of the job were seeing the efforts of mentoring come to fruition. Also, working with other departments was something I took on myself
Light-hearted Fun and Supportive Team
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2014
Review E-mail posts from client and respond via E-mail and phone for appointments to best reach them when they would be at the terminal of the appliance they are supporting via the ticket, then escalate to the proper Worldwide Support Tech to best advise the client or Support myself if within my Shift. Watchguard Software allowed us to get direct access to the Appliance and make the proper recommendations make the Network Traffic work. I learned how read logs for VPN Connectivity Support. My Co-Workers were a great Crew. They all worked hard to make sure deadlines were met and the clients were happy with their Device and the Service they received. The hardest parts of the job were keeping up with the mass numbers of tickets rising in the Queue, and being able to access the Appliance Directly to review Current Logs.The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would take the Ferry ride home, all the problem calls were answered in my head.
Pros
Challenging and fun
Cons
Very Stressful
Casually professional environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2014
Overall WatchGuard is a good place to work. It has a more casual work environment, high volume of work during busy seasons, more flexible schedule during the summers.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, relaxed enviornment
Cons
Lower pay, trouble implementing processes
Great place to learn about Network and IT
Channel Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2014
WatchGuard has an identity crisis. It doesn't know if its focus should be on Enterprise or SMB.

The two main product lines, XTM and XCS do not really complement each other.
Good
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2014
Nice people, fair marketing recently they need to be more aggressive with such good products
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Average marketing
Director of Sales
Director of National Accounts and Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 19, 2013
Management National Channel and Sales team for US and Canada.
Product and Service were a SME play and very good customer base.
Steady work and great co-workers
Fulfillment Specialist, Manufacturing Distribution (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2013
Show up early to work everyday
Get ready and set up work area
read emails
Pick and pack orders
ship out orders
make sure every order leaves the building the building on time
Work safely
Enjoy my work and co-workers
Clean
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
hour lunch
For the Love of AT&T!
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 10, 2013
It was my first job out of college, the year 1999. The Nokia 6160 was the iPhone of 99'. AT&T is a solid, great place to work. I loved my co-workers and my customers.
Pros
free phone. good money.
Cons
none.