Water World Employee Reviews

First job as a teenager
Maintenance / grounds crew (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COMay 7, 2017
I got this job as a teenager so the pay was terrible at the time compared to the same position now. You can work about as many hours as you want, free pass.
Pros
Free pass to park
Cons
Little pay
Job was supppper fun
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 23, 2017
This job was the best I ever had! I really liked my co-workers and boss. We even hung out of work too! It was fun and I defiantly recommend as a summer jobs
very fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COMarch 23, 2017
Was a very fun summer job. Start at sun rise and leave mid afternoon. Was able to out in the sun every shift and work around fun conditions. The training and physical aspects were difficult but I've learned how to dig deep and push past fatigue. I enjoyed the atmosphere the job created.
Pros
Free waterpark pass, fun conditions
Cons
Physically demanding
Best and favorite job environment. Supervisor's were stellar
LIFEGUARD SUPERVISOR/ AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COFebruary 14, 2017
Working outside with people your own age was awesome. Work was fun and coming back year after year was easy to do. By far the best summer job
Understanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan AlabamaDecember 19, 2016
Working at Water World was pretty fun. The staff is nice and caring. I had to have a surgery and had to quit. The managers were verying understanding and caring.
Water World
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 3, 2016
Great summer job as a lifeguard. They like for you to work long hours during the summer and several days in a row with long shifts out in the hot sun. They paid well over minimum wage in 2007.
Fun work place
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 28, 2016
Fun work place, meets new people, good experience, communicating with others, helps improve skills, good environment
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
short breaks
Just had 15% off
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 21, 2016
Not really that great of a job
Just had to watch people swim and make sure they wouldn't drown on your watch
Learn how to save life
You will get really sun burn
Pros
15% off things
Cons
Your usual break
Pretty Boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 16, 2016
I had a lot of sit around time, which I did not really like. I like to be moving around when at a job and I sat in one place taking orders
Excellent experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ColoradoJuly 22, 2016
I was very pleased to work for this company and use my talents and skills to help myself and the people around me. It helped me utilize my knowledge of Emergency Medical Services at work and in every day life.

Want to know more about Water World?

Ask a question
Business in 'fun' but also is very productive.
Bags and Tubes (Current Employee) –  Federal Heights, COJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at the job working at Water World would either be checking bags and coolers or scanning wristbands and handing out tubes. It's quite a simple job. What I've learned about working there is guests have no problem yelling at 15 year-olds and always wear sunscreen! My coworkers are all similar in the way that they are hardworking and are very outgoing so it is easy to make friends at work. Managers at Water World are the most considerate and kind people I know and they really make working there a lot more tolerable. The hardest part of the job would be either the rude guests or standing in the sun all day. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that you're surrounded by people all day so you always have people to talk to to pass the time.
Pros
Food discounts, season pass, discount buddy passes
Cons
Extremely low pay for certain positions and little hours
Very fun!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COMay 15, 2016
This job was probably one of the funnest jobs that I have ever had the pleasure working for. The co-workers were great, the management was awesome, and the typical day felt as though you weren't heading into work, but rather on a vacation because of the atmosphere. The hardest part of this job was watching people cool off in the pools and not being able to join them and the most enjoyable part was the free season passes and entry for friends and family members. This was a SUMMER job, so naturally you could expect all of the fun to come to an end every fall.
Pros
Amazing views, advancement opportunities
Cons
A LOT of walking uphill
Good high school seasonal job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 30, 2016
Its a bunch of fun but definitely not an actual job to try and stay at for a long period of time, especially since its a seasonal one.
Educational environment, supportive team
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, CONovember 21, 2015
I learned so much from working for this company. I earned my CPR and first aid certification. There are often team building activities which allows the team members to be very supportive and caring for each other.
Pros
Breaks often, change of locations, awesome leadership, bonuses
Cons
seasonal job, no benefits
Terrible
food service (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, CONovember 1, 2015
Boss hated me and condemned me to work by myself in in a food shack with no help. I ended up getting about 6 hours a week, because my boss didn't like me
Pros
cheaper day passes
Cons
short breaks and bad bosses
lifeguard
Lifeguard/Lifeguard Lead (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COOctober 9, 2015
A typical day movement from one lifeguard post to another. Emergency procedure seminars and training, becoming CPR certified, and staying fit was what i appreciated most about this fun job!
Fun workplace
Ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 14, 2015
This was my first job, it was a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. I learned many skills at this job including how to work with others and manage money.
Fun, but Busy!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time at water world. There were a lot of people to meet and provided an exciting environment to learn in. The only draw back is that the schedules are never secure and often change and it begins to get wearing. Lots of people leave at the end of the season stretching people out. It was hard to get myself to work by the end of my time there. Over all, though, it was still a lot of fun.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Stressful, Lots of People Leave, Work a lot
Fun place to work
Front Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 3, 2015
You see around two thousand people almost every day. The park closes when there's lightening. You can get in for free on your days off.
fun workplace
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2015
This is a great place for teens to get their first job, life guard was exciting and fun. best tan of my life. training was a little hard but if you are a but athletic it'll be easy. you get to test ride the rides before the park opens. rotation is great you're not stuck in one location.
Pros
fun in the sun, tan, pools
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Water World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9