Water World Employee Reviews in United States

Educational environment, supportive team
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, CONovember 21, 2015
I learned so much from working for this company. I earned my CPR and first aid certification. There are often team building activities which allows the team members to be very supportive and caring for each other.
Pros
Breaks often, change of locations, awesome leadership, bonuses
Cons
seasonal job, no benefits
Very fun!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COMay 15, 2016
This job was probably one of the funnest jobs that I have ever had the pleasure working for. The co-workers were great, the management was awesome, and the typical day felt as though you weren't heading into work, but rather on a vacation because of the atmosphere. The hardest part of this job was watching people cool off in the pools and not being able to join them and the most enjoyable part was the free season passes and entry for friends and family members. This was a SUMMER job, so naturally you could expect all of the fun to come to an end every fall.
Pros
Amazing views, advancement opportunities
Cons
A LOT of walking uphill
Excellent experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ColoradoJuly 22, 2016
I was very pleased to work for this company and use my talents and skills to help myself and the people around me. It helped me utilize my knowledge of Emergency Medical Services at work and in every day life.
Very educational workplace with great benefits
Grounds team member (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work started with signing in, then going to our assigned area for the day. I learned to be responsible and clean as best as I could, as well as to follow orders no matter what. The management was okay, but I did not have much contact with them. My co- workers were okay, but most days I felt more alone while others would go and have a bit of fun with their friends. The hardest part of the job would have been handling some of the rude people that were guests there. The most enjoyable part of the job was having great benefits of the job and learning a lot about having a job in the first place, with responsibilities.
Pros
good breaks, fun benefits
Cons
rude people contact
Good high school seasonal job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 30, 2016
Its a bunch of fun but definitely not an actual job to try and stay at for a long period of time, especially since its a seasonal one.
Terrible
food service (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, CONovember 1, 2015
Boss hated me and condemned me to work by myself in in a food shack with no help. I ended up getting about 6 hours a week, because my boss didn't like me
Pros
cheaper day passes
Cons
short breaks and bad bosses
lifeguard
Lifeguard/Lifeguard Lead (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COOctober 9, 2015
A typical day movement from one lifeguard post to another. Emergency procedure seminars and training, becoming CPR certified, and staying fit was what i appreciated most about this fun job!
Fun workplace
Ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 14, 2015
This was my first job, it was a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. I learned many skills at this job including how to work with others and manage money.
Fun, but Busy!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time at water world. There were a lot of people to meet and provided an exciting environment to learn in. The only draw back is that the schedules are never secure and often change and it begins to get wearing. Lots of people leave at the end of the season stretching people out. It was hard to get myself to work by the end of my time there. Over all, though, it was still a lot of fun.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Stressful, Lots of People Leave, Work a lot
fun workplace
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2015
This is a great place for teens to get their first job, life guard was exciting and fun. best tan of my life. training was a little hard but if you are a but athletic it'll be easy. you get to test ride the rides before the park opens. rotation is great you're not stuck in one location.
Pros
fun in the sun, tan, pools
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Front Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 3, 2015
You see around two thousand people almost every day. The park closes when there's lightening. You can get in for free on your days off.
Productive and fun place to work if you enjoy hot weather and water slides
Park attendant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 7, 2012
Would work 8 hour shifts, learning skills for janitorial duties at the park, handling reimbursement cases and custemer complaints, gained customer service skills. The co-workers we're nice and a great team of people to work with. Hardest part was standing on your feet for so long but eventually you get used to it. I enjoyed everything about the job, the faculty was great.
Waterworld
Customer Service/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 7, 2013
Very disorganized & management is not professional. The work overall is not hard at all. Working conditions are very bad & should be addressed.
Fun work environment
Gondola (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COAugust 26, 2014
This is a great job if you love being outside in the sun all day and like to swim. It is a very easy job but the days are long.
Pros
free water world pass
Cons
hours
Fantastic and fun summer job
Lifeguard Lead (Former Employee) –  Highland, COFebruary 11, 2013
Best place to be during the summer time. Made great friends, got a great tan, and had a ton of fun.
Pros
free entry to the park, discount on food when working, fun employees
Cons
long days
N/a
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire, VAOctober 21, 2014
i was not there to long due to not been treated fairly buy supervisor and not moving fwd to advance my job
Pros
n/a
Cons
not a good place off work
fun
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 28, 2012
fun and interesting place to work. this is where i gained most of my customer experience at. i learned how to work a cash register and how to handle certain situations without assistance.
Pros
active and fun
Cons
low pay