Waterbury Hospital Employee Reviews

Sucks to be a nurses aide
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 3, 2017
PCA's are the backbone of the hospital. It is an thankless and invisible job. I was treated with the up most disrespect. Managers most definitely treat some employees better than others. There is a lot of favoritism at Waterbury Hospital. For instance there is one PCA that abuses their FMLA call out every weekend and because they brownnose or are not a person of color or Hispanic never get in trouble. Almost every single healthcare professional gets a week or a day to recognize their hard work, except for the PCA's. Doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapist, social workers and case managers secretaries laboratory employees all get a week or a day to recognize and celebrate all their hard work. PCA's get nothing. And I mean NOTHING! Some nurses are great to work with and treat you with the respect you deserve. Others step all over you and remind you in their own way that you have a meaningless job and they are above you. I seen a nurse lie on an aide and the manger believed the nurse over the PCA. I cannot believe a degree can give you more creditability. IF you can suck it up and are prepared to get walked over and practically spit on, the money is worth it. Great pay and a union with decent health care benefits. Don't know how things are now with the new company that bought them out. Hopefully better.
Pros
Pay, union support
Cons
Short staff, undermined, favoritism, colorism, disregard of professionalism
Fun workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 30, 2017
If you enjoy working with children then this job is a good fit for you. Depending on how many kids you are supervising, it can get a little stressful but overall this job is pretty relaxed.
busy and steady workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 24, 2017
Great place to work, understanding management, many opportunities for growth. Plenty of learning opportunities, pay rate reasonalbe, amazing people to work with.
Enviroment was the best yet!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 14, 2017
Loved working at the Hospital always a new day with more growth than ever, worked 3rd shift but really did like it probably my favorite job hands down.
Pros
caferteria, pay
Cons
distance from me at the time
case management at Waterbury Hospital
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 9, 2017
I am highly dissatisfied in this position.
The role is good- discharge planning, fast paced, working through challenges is rewarding. There are great staff members that work here. Unfortunately, there are people in director positions who do not have your back and change simply doesn't happen.
Cons
no matter your input of ideas, they will never be considered or put into place. Sometimes good ideas are taken, but end up reverting to the old way of doing things. No accountability.
waterbury hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 29, 2017
Received alot of assessment skills , and was able to fine tune my experience in med surg and other fields of nursing. I gained alot of experience oncology, tbi.Strokes,post op and many other nursing skills
Pros
learned alot assessment skill
Cons
workin third shift
Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 8, 2017
A community Hospital that serves the Waterbury, CT community. A great cardiac unit, with good doctors, the hospital itself needs to be remodeled, old equipment.
Productive, fast pace work environment.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 4, 2017
Fast paced environment with high acuity high volumes, but it's worth it because you learn something new every day. Also, it makes it worth while when you have co workers that will help you no matter what. Waterbury has a great orientation program that helps the new nurses get their feet wet and get a feel for the emergency department.
Not employee friendly
Phleb (Current Employee) –  PhkebApril 1, 2017
Too much favoritism, upper hospital administration doesn't know what they are doing. Too many changes and no pay increases. ...........................
Unstable Environment
Executive Assistant to the CFO (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 28, 2017
Post merger this organization is unstable and vulnerable. Financially insecure there are no annual salary increases. The benefit package is barely adequate and very expensive. The senior leadership team is weak and many of them are vulnerable to changes from the corporate office.

The corporate office is floundering and unorganized. There is an air of superiority about them that is unwarranted.
Pros
No pressure; good work life balance
Cons
unstable environment; no raises in 3 years; financially insecure

Want to know more about Waterbury Hospital?

Ask a question
Great work place and patients love it
CSI TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 24, 2017
I have family that work at WH as well family that pt. they all love it and rave about how great the nurses are all the time. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!
Fast Paced Environment with a Good Crew
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Pros
great co workers, good team work
Cons
breaks are rare, long shifts
Excellent opportunity for experience.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 27, 2016
I worked here as an LPN before I was laid off. I enjoyed my job initially as a float then to a dedicated floor. Working there prompted me to go on for my RN which was encouraged 2yrs. before the lay off.
Pros
no requirement to work alternate shifts
Cons
parking is a significant distance from the hospital itself.
wtby hospital
Student Nurse, Cardiac/Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 7, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the work day. Sharpens nursing skills and provides a positive work environment.
Team I worked with supported one another and strived to provide learning experiences.
management, H.R. , even the medical chief of staffs do not defend bullying and unsafe behaviors
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 16, 2016
Was an employee at this workplace and saw firsthand the tremendous decline in upper management at the highest levels; one of the worst cultures a hospital could have. If you complained about unsafe coworkers, attitudes, behaviors and even physicians, you were labeled a 'problem employee; by H.R., a department that rules this place like the mafia, many 'yes men' get rewarded with promotions; union representation offers negligent guidance. Much of the equipment is broken and housekeeping does insufficient cleaning, germs abound, bullying behaviors are ignored, if not rewarded. Simple tasks not done because of "not in my job description to do it"
Pros
excellent overtime pay, salary
Cons
poor teamwork, esp. between units, rare breaks, unfair, unequal discipline process
Clinical Rotation
Student (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 10, 2016
Waterbury was my first exposure to clinical rotation. While there I learned:
O2 therapy
aerosolized txs
charting therapies
observing traumas
If you they don't like you they'll let you know.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 11, 2016
Worked as an out patient coder for radiology. found out I was pregnant a month after getting the job and they were not too happy. one of my co-workers was afraid that I wanted her job because the hospital was changing what we coded for and it was a hostile work environment and because my co-worker was there 30+years I felt that I couldn't say anything to anyone as I was the new kid, so to speak. Not an inviting work environment.
Great place to learn added skills in my chosen field
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 5, 2016
Working the night shift has given me added experience in my chosen field. Definitely the hardest part of the job is changing my sleep pattern, but a rewarding aspect is seeing things that happen only in the very early morning.
Pros
Free medical, union position
Cons
no breaks
Busy and Stable
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 06706July 2, 2016
Waterbury Hospital is an average hospital although healthcare isn't the priority as it should be but the few individuals who tend to keep the promise make this hospital worth everything.
A day in the workplace
Psychiatric technician (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 29, 2016
typical day at work is obtaining patient safety and care for patients. I work closely with doctors on treatment plans for the patients and discharge planning. My co-workers are team players and its a good environment. The hardest part of my job is deescalating a patient to keep them from a medical or physical restraint. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help patients become stable practice positive coping skills and see them be discharged
Pros
good pay
Cons
unsafe at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterbury Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Waterbury Hospital Reviews by Location