Waterbury Hospital

Waterbury Hospital Employer Reviews

great place to work to get experience
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good place to work to get good hospital experience
Cons: get burnt out quickly
Everyday faced with new challenges, here at this job you have to be able to go with the flow and just be ready for anything that comes your way. with this job I am very fortunate that we had such a strong team to work with because everyone works together, there is never a situation where you are left on your own.
Most of the staff are team players and easy to get along with.
R.N. psychiatric nurse (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTJune 1, 2014
Pros: working with competent professionals
Cons: not enjoying floating to the emergency room and didn't get hired for this job.
Mostly adequate staff to ensure good patient care. Caring professionals
and a great CEO that believes in excellent customer service
Aid (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 24, 2014
Waterbury hospital is a very busy hospital where you can get experience in a fast paced environment
DIfficult Management
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: management
I learned a lot from working at Waterbury Hospital. The biggest issue was my supervisor at the time. She was extremely difficult and wasn't the nicest person to work for.
Great Educational Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTFebruary 13, 2014
It was a great educational experience while being a student but also at the same time being a teacher and being able to make a little difference in the lives of little kids who would look up to me to help them out in various different subjects taught by me. It was great experience which I would love to do it again.
Excellent place to be employed.
Custodian (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: an air conditon enviroment.
Cons: health care settin g.
Maintained the appearance of the post surgical area. Floor maintenance, mopping,buffing,stripping and waxing of floors. Cleaning services in a wide varity within a hospital setting.
It was a very meaningful job which ended all too quickly.
Assistant Chaplain (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: a very exciting work environment .the hospital wanted me in the emergency department, i was called after hours to meet with families of departed patients
Cons: the hospital administration is unforgiving of my honest mistake, discipline procedures are very unfair.
I would arrive at the hospital on Wednesday and Saturday just before 8:00 A.M. In the office the fax machine would have turned out three different patient reports. Before I would go on any of the floors I would check off the previously visited patients to discern the new patients who needed to be visited that day. I would then circle the new patients – more... on each floor. The first floor I would usually visit would be the ICU . The heart patients were first . I would visit and pray with them. Next I would visit the Medical ICU patients. Usually these people were sedated with breathing tubes in their mouths. I would bless each patient and leave a chaplaincy calling card for the family.Whenever I needed to lay hands on a patient ,I would cleanse my hands at the doorway gown up and put on surgical gloves.When I was finished with a patient ,I would take off the gown and gloves and cleanse my hands.After Medical ICU ,I would visit the Surgical ICU and visit and pray with those patients . I would go back to the office and fill in the computer spiritual progress report for each patient that I visited. Then I would go to the fourth floor, the telemetry floor and visit the new patients . Then I visit and pray with all the new patients on the fifth ,the sixth (when it was open),the seventh floor and the ninth floor. Often my visits would be interrupted by a stroke alert or a trauma alert in the emergency room in which the chaplain would be requested to be a praying presence alongside the doctors, nurses and EMTs who would be working feverishly to stabilize the patient's medical condition.I had been thirty-four years in church ministry I found nothing so exciting as standing in the ER alongside these medical professionals.I miss this very much. At the end of the day.I would finishing doing the computer charts on the rest of the patients I had visited with. Some patients only wanted me to visit with them without prayer which was fine. Sometimes the hospital would call me after hours to administer "the last blessing" over a departed patient and comfort the patient's family.The hardest part of chaplaincy is comforting a family in the middle of the night when that family has lost their loved one . However Christian chaplains are fortunate to a relationship with Christ's death and resurrection to support them.

I enjoyed starting to know the nurses ,the respiratory technicians and the social worker. – less
used to be a great place to work
ACCESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), waterbury ctJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: nice co workers, christmas lunch was great
Cons: unsupportable amounts of stress and instability
with all the changes happening in healthcare
hospitals were hit the hardest and this once happy sunny place has been forced to change as well.
I am grateful for all I learned while there but the overall management changed and where you once were commended on doing a good job, mediocrity is what they are really wanting and applauding.
Wonderful work enviroment.
HIM MPI CLERK (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 5, 2014
Great group of people. We were more like family. Everyone helped each other out.
great learning experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTDecember 27, 2013
Report from previous shift.
Administration of meds and treatments
Coordinating care with interdisiplinary team
Productive work area
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTDecember 11, 2013
Pros: lunch hour
Cons: wish lunch hour was longer
A typical day at work is drawing over 50 patients a day. I have learned to sympathize with people who have many ailments. Management is great and they work to make a better environment for our patients. My co-workers work as a team to better serve the patients who come in for a Phlebotomy. The hardest part of the job is hearing stories from our patients – more... that don't turn out very well. The best part of the job is giving patients an almost painless procedure. They really trust that you know what you are doing. It's nice when they walk out with a smile. – less
Very productive work environment
Clinical Information Associate (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTNovember 5, 2013
Pros: feelings of accomplishments daily.
Cons: can at times be a high stress environment.
Working as a Clinical Information Associate at Waterbury Hospital required a person to utilize their time management skills due to the fast paced envionment on the nursing units. My assigned tasks varied day to day. I really enjoyed the diverse work load and additionally interfacing with all different staff members on my unit,
Helping patients and their – more... family members was very rewarding. Helping our phsycians with any type of situation was always recognized by the team. As a unit secretary, my position was a the central hub of the nursing unit. All information crossed my desk and was then distributed accordingly, – less
professional, compassionate and time-efficient work atmospshere
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTNovember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, working with a variety of people from all backrounds, learning something new every day
Cons: health insurance
~giving quality care to patients coming out of surgery
~taking and monitoring vital signs
~assisting with ADL's
~assisting with physical therapy for post-operative patients
~being an advocate for the patient/ putting the patient first
~giving emotional support
Awesome place to work if given a chance
PCA (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTNovember 1, 2013
Great teaching place. Many doctors and nurses are so willing to teach and show you new methods or techniques.
Awful and Sad
Staff (Former Employee), WaterburyApril 19, 2013
Pros: coffee is good in the lobby
Cons: bad managers, no vision, behind the times and refuse to change, pay is low
The "management" at this hospital is trying desperately to make themselves important and viable under the big Health System that has taken over. The pay is so low and the staff is incredibly unprofessional from Human Resources to IT. If you want to be in an environment of professionals, don't work here. They are catty and clicky and backwards.
Waterbury Hospital was a fun place to work.
HIM MPI CLERK (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be to analyze patient records and pay close attention to see if doctors have signed all necessary documents and dictated all surgeries.
not a fun place to work
staff (Former Employee), CTFebruary 14, 2013
Typical day at work is like been in hell. I have learned nothing good that i can share. All i can say is the entire culture of this hospital needs to change. It has been a horrible experience and desperately looking to leave. Management is non supportive...never get questions answered; does not care about staff's well-being.
Co-workers are non supportive – more... it is a dog eat dog world at this hospital. They eat their young. Hardest part part is having to deal with people who are suppose to be professional but they are so nasty and ineffective. Most enjoyable part of the job.....sorry none to report. This is not a nice place to work. I would not refer are recommend anyone. Staffs are in appropriate and it affects patient care. – less
Nice place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches for all employees holidays to boost moral
Cons: none.
Transcribing and typing medical reports, data entry of pertinent patient demographic information, following HIPPA compliance guidelines, willingness to learn new skills, assisting coworkers or other healthcare professionals as needed, telephone, finishing a job from start to finish to the best of my ability.

February 14, 2013

I must say they do a good job selling the company. But once you are in , it is a whole different ball game. It is like a gang initiation.

My work experience at the hospital has been a very good one. I have matured from the various experinces that I have had and I am grateful.
Volunteer Assistant in G.I (Former Employee), WaterburyNovember 20, 2012
Pros: i was given tickets to get free lunches
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work most of the time is hectic. It was a pleasure interacting with the patients making them comfortable and relaxed. I have learnt a lot just observing the nurses doing the preps. The management was very professional in the way they manage the section. The hardest part of the job was running errands to the various support sections. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was to help a patient feel less anxious and see a smile on their faces. – less
job security
Lab Clerk (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJune 18, 2012
very secure job. great coworker and management. family oriented