Waterbury Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A day in the workplace
Psychiatric technician (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 29, 2016
typical day at work is obtaining patient safety and care for patients. I work closely with doctors on treatment plans for the patients and discharge planning. My co-workers are team players and its a good environment. The hardest part of my job is deescalating a patient to keep them from a medical or physical restraint. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help patients become stable practice positive coping skills and see them be discharged
Pros
good pay
Cons
unsafe at times
If you they don't like you they'll let you know.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 11, 2016
Worked as an out patient coder for radiology. found out I was pregnant a month after getting the job and they were not too happy. one of my co-workers was afraid that I wanted her job because the hospital was changing what we coded for and it was a hostile work environment and because my co-worker was there 30+years I felt that I couldn't say anything to anyone as I was the new kid, so to speak. Not an inviting work environment.
ok place to work
Building Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Its was a good place to work but the management wast outsource and the new management was not a great it was a hard place to work for
N/a
Youth Service Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 21, 2015
Great environment, I absolutely enjoyed the Waterbury Hospital family; President, Directors, Executives,and profits towards the community.
Pros
Health, information, relationships, tasks, responsibilities
Cons
Inspired me to continue in the medical field, need and want to get back to this
safe and fun work place
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 15, 2016
My typical day at work is working with adolescent, adult running groups, having one to one meeting with patients. Management is good with working with staff. Most of my co-worker work together.
Pros
paid lunch break
Caring for the patients and families needs,follow the Mission Statment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 20, 2016
Waterbury Hospitals team of professionals provide care for all who

enter Waterbury Hospital for care. In a positive and caring matter, for

all of its patients and visitors.
Pros
Caring work enviroment, staff attention to patients needs and families
Cons
I've had a positive work experience at Waterbury Hospital.
Busy and Stable
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 06706July 2, 2016
Waterbury Hospital is an average hospital although healthcare isn't the priority as it should be but the few individuals who tend to keep the promise make this hospital worth everything.
Ok but not a rewarding job
safety security (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 21, 2015
Security in the ER department and behavioral health department, maintaining a safe and secure environment for the patients and staff. Security management is excellent, overall hospital management not stable. Co workers range from very young adults to middle age and experience.
Pros
no pros
Cons
dealing with inner city environment
Hospital undergoing many changes with positive goals
Staffing Coordinator/Data Base Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 7, 2015
Waterbury Hospital has been a great experience. There have been many changes with financial struggles in the past 5 years that have caused a lot of the staff to lose many benefits, and all raises. Despite all the changes, our staff remains giving the best care possible to our patients. I love that about the Waterbury Hospital Community.
Friendly staff and gym available for staffs use.
Health Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 13, 2016
Medical Records staff is very supportive of interns. Academic knowledge is used along with great customer service. Interns get to visit with the CDI area, coding, billing and ask any questions about the Health Information profession.
Supervisors and director have your back, great security team.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 14, 2015
Many different shifts and different posts are available, training is a little extensive but can prove very useful on and off of the job. The team is great, the supervisors are great, and everyone is very flexible and understanding with work/life balance. There are ups and downs of working security in a hospital, if you have a weak stomach or you're easily bothered by smells, this might not be the best place for you. A sense of humor can make for great memories working here.
Pros
flexible, competitive pay
Cons
hard to land a full time position
Downward Spiral
Network Engineer and Virtual System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 11, 2015
Very poor morale prevalent among the staff and even the management. Some enterprise level infrastructure to work with. Generally good people but oppressed by the general malaise.
Pros
A fairly reliable steady paycheck
Cons
Poor morale.
Caring for people is a self-satisfying career
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 19, 2016
i am very grateful for the fact that Waterbury Hospital will promote and train their own employees who they see potential in.
Pros
immediate healthcare
Cons
pathogens are present
nice hard work doing psy and snub abuse day/evenings reatment/programs/ cognitive behavioral treatment
SOCIAL WORK ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTJanuary 17, 2016
ok for a hospital lots of moving around and changing job descriptions/ problems with medicaid funding. 7th largest medicaid provider in the country. lots of turn over
Outpatient Blood Drawing Facility
Phleb./EKG/Clerk Tech (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 11, 2015
I loved my job and enjoyed learning and working in the Cytology Department.
At the end it became bitter when fired unjustly
Pros
Loved the people and working there
Cons
Supervisor wrongly accused me of something getting fired
Wtby hosp has gone from a friendly, positive environment to an environment with controlling managers who make it all about them . "Let them eat cake"
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Behavioral HealthSeptember 6, 2014
Views unfortunately have changed dramatically over the years.
The focus is always on "revenue" and how many attend their treatment. Rewards are few and far between and to sum it up" Let them eat cake"(a la Marie Antoinette). A piece of cake or dish of ice cream hardly makes up for less time off, higher expectations, no raises and an extremely rigid dress code.
Pros
used to be many, then less, less and ultimately none
Cons
all about the money not the patients as they claim
not a fun place to work
staff (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 14, 2013
Typical day at work is like been in hell. I have learned nothing good that i can share. All i can say is the entire culture of this hospital needs to change. It has been a horrible experience and desperately looking to leave. Management is non supportive...never get questions answered; does not care about staff's well-being.
Co-workers are non supportive it is a dog eat dog world at this hospital. They eat their young. Hardest part part is having to deal with people who are suppose to be professional but they are so nasty and ineffective. Most enjoyable part of the job.....sorry none to report. This is not a nice place to work. I would not refer are recommend anyone. Staffs are in appropriate and it affects patient care.
In the beginning it was an enjoyable place to work. For the past few years it has become unpleasent for staff and patients.
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 11, 2012
I have learned what management shall do and not do. The inappropriate behavior that is allowed to continue at this organization is disgusting. A typical day at such an institution lacks any and all management. I have learned that I would have been better managing the hospital than in the position of support staff that I am currently am. My co-workers have sadly been burdened by the lack of management and feeling the pain. Many of my co-workers have expressed their concerns and their fears fall upon deaf ears. Due to the deaf ears numerous individuals have quit. The hardest part of the job is working without a voice. Not being heard by management, and not being taken seriously. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out at the end of the shift and knowing that an individual made it another day.
Pros
free uniforms, benefits
Cons
pay checks are always not right, hr is never around, management does not listen, hidious uniforms
Pleasant work enironment and great commited staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 6, 2015
Provided assistance and education to patients in personal habits, and social relationships
Supervised and assisted individuals with psychiatric diagnosis and/or drug/alcohol abuse.
Initiated therapeutic treatment goals for the development of the patient’s needs.
Collected specimens for drug/alcohol testing
Assess and treat patient within my scope of practice.
Pros
Celebrations for success
typical day at work
EVS Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterbury Ct.October 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with the public, did my best to maintain a healthy clean environment. What I didn't like was that one week I had good hour's then the next week I had only 7 hour's to work, an adult can not survive working those hour's.

Waterbury Hospital Reviews by Location