WaterColor Inn & Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I enjoyed the challenge of bringing the resort up to and achieving a Forbes Four Star Rating
Assistant Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLApril 17, 2017
Watercolor Inn and Resort exudes excellence. Our guests set high expectations and we strived to reach and exceed them. The very best service providing the very product to our guests, all the time.
Wonderful Company to Work for!!
Lodging Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLOctober 13, 2015
I was at the resort for over 10 years so I could go on and on but I will keep this simple. I highly recommend this company as an employer. I started at the bottom and was promoted 3 times and the only reason I left was because I relocated out of state. They will expect you to work hard and grow but you will learn so much from this experience. I miss it everyday!!
Pros
promotions within, learn professional skills
worst place ever to be employed!
rental vacation housekeeping (Former Employee) –  santa rosa beachNovember 4, 2013
The Management here is the worst i have ever had the misfortune to work with! They are extremely rude, fake, and racist. The regular employees do all the work, while management gets all the credit. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. Thats why they are always hiring! They are so rude and incompetent. And the 1$ lunches they try an serve are just about as disgusting as the management!! second, third, and fourth time left overs from the inn or weddings they have out there is what they served for lunch. There is so much drama at this jobsite its nearly impossible to even work correctly.
Pros
None!
Cons
no breaks, the1$ lunches horrible food, insurance is poor, rude management
Fast-paced, high energy work place.
Seasonal Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLDecember 21, 2012
During a typical day at WaterColor Inn & Resort, I maitained record of all housekeeping activities in rental units as well as in the hotel at this vacation rental community. I worked with many hard working, positive and productive people. The most difficult part of the job was keeping track of all housekeeping statuses on some of out busiest weekends such as Labor Day and 4th of July holidays. I most enjoyed working as a team player for this company.
Pros
lunches provided for $1 daily on site.
Cons
having to work nearly every weekend.
Busy workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2012
Every day was different at the Resort. I started my day by answering emails and voice-mails prior to the bosses getting in. The rest of the day was filled with assisting my immediate two bosses with their requests for reports/special projects, and then assisting all other managers as needed. My office seemed to have a revolving door. I was the liaison between executives at the parent company, management company and the staff at the Resort. I had the respect of my co-workers as I was always there to listen and assist them as requested. The hardest part of my job was dealing with guests who had had a bad experience, and finding the balance between making them happy and not wasting the company's money to solve a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with my co-workers as I enjoy being the "behind-the-scenes" person who gets things done to create a happy work environment.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
changes in management