Waterford Institute

Waterford Institute Employer Reviews

Great place to work while going to school
Java Programmer (Former Employee), Sandy, UTNovember 13, 2013
Waterford was a great place to work for. The management team and people there were all top notch. Too bad they sold their sales team and lost their contracts and went under.
Waterford is a great place...
Data Architect (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 31, 2012
Pros: cereal bar, work hours, easy to invest self in.
Cons: the funds are short. security is un
Waterford is a great place. Some of the management are over-promoted. The group in Romania are great to work with. Waterford is struggling finacialy
Creative environment with excellent co-workers
Java Developer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 9, 2012
Pros: free juice and cold breakfast
Cons: layoffs
A typical day would start with looking at the JIRA task board for tasks that were still open by the team and working on those tasks. Most of the time these were bugs but we would get a new feature to work on every other sprint.

We worked in an Agile environment where one of the developers would act as a Scrum Master for a sprint. Each sprint contained – more... 2 weeks and our team consisted at one time of 2 developers and 2 quality assurance testers. We worked with developers in an off-shore office.

The hardest part of the job (and most rewarding and enjoyable) was when we were giving new tasks that we had no experience with and implementing new components from said tasks. – less