WATERMARK RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

It was good place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 24, 2017
It kept you busy most of the time and you were doing an honest day worth of work. The benefits wasn't high but it kept money being distributed to you. Not a horribly place to begin in a field.
Fun Work Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 14, 2017
This a great job to have in college. Yoyr coworkers are such great people and management is alright. Overall is a great place as for me the hours is what bothers me since you work in the afternoon!
Pros
Get to eat
Cons
Can't take food home
Rewarding job helping to safely serve residents and gain relationships
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here because my duties were to efficiently get to know the residents and know their food allergies and dining likes/dislikes. It was a fast-paced work environment but I had fun working with the staff there.
Pros
Building relationships, adhering to state sanitation guidelines, flexible
Cons
not that many work hours available
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
This company only cares about making money, charging crazy amounts to live when the bare minimum is given back. Staff are made to deal with broken unsafe equipment, always short staffed, always expected to carry the weight of others. There is no pay increase, management only looks out for themselves. You can give everything to this company & still be treated like your nothing, constant revolving door of untrained employees. You will always be doing something wrong. Please do not bring your families here! You are told everything you want to hear on the fake tours, only to be lied to.
Pros
Staff & residents
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Paradise
Executive Director-The Watermark (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2017
Watermark is by far the best employer for whom I have had the honor to work. No company is more mission-driven. The owners are the senior managers. They are accessible, kind, and caring. They give the on-site management team the freedom to run their business, but the resources if they need help.
If you work in senior housing, don't bother working for anyone else!
Pros
Caring and compassionate senior management and regional team. Listen to your input.
Cons
Not one.
Fast paced
Carlotta Skilled Nursing (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. Very fast pace. There is always something to do. Coworkers are nice. it's great to help others and seeing them go home and improving their health
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Worst Job in 20 years
N/A (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLOctober 2, 2016
was hired as a nurse and Supervised the Med techs and Cna. The building is new and very up scale. but after that it goes down hill. The director of Nursing hired all her last Med techs and gave them key positions. They are promised promotions before the jobs are offered to the other employees. Alot of favorite employees get all the good shift. The Director of Nursing is about to lose her jobafyer 5 months because of all the behind the scene lies that she has done. Stay away its not worth the disfunction and how the upper management handles the problems turning a blind eye to it
Pros
new building
Cons
terrible leadership and Hr department
Enjoyed working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Okc okSeptember 28, 2016
Fun place to work enjoy working here got a nice team work going on with some. Just need more hours then what I'm getting. Don't like how some get weekends off they should fix that for everyone then.
Poor upper management
Management (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 27, 2016
They need to take care of the great employees they have. Instead of seeing them as disposable they need to nurture and continue supporting them. Turnover has consequences that they refuse to acknowledge.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Very long hours. Short staffed.
Don't age
Regional Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2016
After 6 1/2 years of never missing a deadline I was told I wasn't a good fit.. If you were not best buds with the Accounting Mgr, forget it. I was told to do an offsite audit before she came on board, when I returned, she told me, " you will never leave this office again"!
As an older worker (funny they are in the senior housing business) I was let go and when I filed an EEOC suit, they lied so much...saying that they paid $16k to "clean up my work", when in fact the billing was for the entire companies pre audit work.. Don't have money to fight them. I'm not the only older worker to experience this. Did I mention I was honored three times and received bonuses every year year! Took a lunch maybe once a week,10+ hr days and weekends!
Pros
Good pay, they have you locked in because Tucson doesn't pay
Cons
too many to mention
I enjoyed working with the residence they where very respectful.
The Fountains at Bronson Place (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 2, 2016
A typical day a work was hard, overwhelming, and discouraging but I learned a lot about the residence and it really surprised me the many talents these people had. Management was in my eyes was very unprofessional and all but a few co-workers was lazy and when I mean a few I mean a few. The hardest part was not quitting sooner then I did but I enjoyed the residence and even being a housekeeper I enjoyed being able to pretty much make my own day to day work.
Pros
N/a
Great Place to Grow
Marketing (Current Employee) –  TucsonMay 17, 2016
I have really enjoyed the opportunity to grow on the job, learning new things with the support of my management team. There is a real opportunity to fully engage in what I am doing. Watermark is not afraid to push beyond the givens and find new ways to do things. Hours can be long but the rewards are significant.
Pros
Growth, support of team and management
good employer to wrok for
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 12, 2016
It was a good pllace to wrok and learn about the residents and families. Staff was good to work with. Good support from management.
Pros
good place to grow
Cons
part time
Company lives their operating principles
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2016
I have worked for Watermark Retirement Communities for several years. Each associate is empowered to make suggestions and take a stand for what they believe in. Working at the corporate office, we support the communities we manage throughout the country. While there are times that the work hours are long, we are each supported in a work/life balance. Associates can arrange to work from home some days to help cut down on commute times. Management challenges associates while listening to the need for balance.
Great experience with the elderly.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This place has taught me many things as for learning how to deal with certain situations. It made me a better worker and also a better person. I looked forward to coming in to work everyday with a smile on my face.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
co workers, management
One of the Worst Nursing Jobs ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJOctober 17, 2015
Encouraged to pre pour meds, give multiple meds designed to be spread apart at the same time for the convenience of oncoming staff. Skeleton crew on the weekends, always short staffed and use agency. A DON that is never present and lets other staff make decisions. Long shifts and have to clock out even if your the only nurse in the building. When it rains certain residential units take on water. Security sucks up the water and the place smells of mold & urine. No communication due to faulty equipment. No consideration for personal life and trying to accommodate time off for Dr appointments or ether issues. Front door is faulty and many have tried to leave since after hours lock does not work despite numerous complaints. No raises for hard working aides in 2 years. Many turn overs and hard to track vacation & sick pay. Horrible benefits and a one person HR person that is barely there or reachable by phone. Learned if during the interview process if said they need to you start ASAP it's a warning sign.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Great people and residents
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
I felt the work I did was quite easy and it became very slow after 5pm, which is expect. However, I was surrounded by great coworkers and residents which made work a little more enjoyable.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Slow work
Lack of Integrity
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Watermark but department manager lack integrity and was hard to work with low quality
I got along with all co workers and have made some life long friends. The hardest part of my job was to accept low quality and integrity of my work. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you are contributing to a good cause of making the life of seniors more enjoyable.
bad management
lpn (Former Employee) –  bellevueFebruary 5, 2015
I ask this questions every time am at work. Does the higher ups even care about the company growth or just the income that comes in. Well am not suprise at all for a company who is for profit Dont really care how they run unless they got cited by the state and they are on stop payment and placement. Then ypu see the cooperation Runing in asking stupid questions insteady of hiring ppl with good job experence to fix th problem. Always ask why the previous nurses left tje job before ypu take there positions.
Use and discard the employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tuckahoe, NYDecember 20, 2014
This company will allow you to work your fingers to the bone, and discard you at the drop of the dime, even if you've sacraficed so much for them.There's is no support from managers, especially regional managers. The management is fake, and out to cover their butts only. Watch out...THEY WILL BURN YOU!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WATERMARK RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9