Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Love working here!
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  PewaukeeSeptember 16, 2015
I am a current employee and I love working here. They will pay for the right employees and they are very family/work life oriented. The management is very helpful and will assist in any way possible. Do remember they get busy as well and are sometimes unavailable but we have team leads in place for this reason. Atmosphere is great, people are great. Overall, 5 star company!
Pros
Nice cafeteria, flexible hours, pleasant environment.
Cons
Benefits a little high for families.
Decent Staff, Poor Management
LP II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 22, 2014
The managers are quick to jump on the support staff for any mistakes even when it is the manager or the sales staff's fault (i.e improper structuring, poor communication during initial planning stages, ect). Compensation was slightly lower then what I made in the past in similar positions and job security is very questionable here. Also, there was a lack of professionalism shown to others I observed who gave their two week notices at my branch. Most of the people on the support and sales staff are fairly decent, I cannot say the same for the branch manager. Support staff is also expected to work on files if their LO call them after work hours and on the weekend.
Pros
decent co-workers
Cons
branch manager, job security, compensation, lack of any opportunity for advancement, ect.
Required to work as many hours as possible, yet be compensated for only 40 hours by management changing your time entries.
Home Lending Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 2, 2012
Work extremely hard and get loans ready to close at title....then they fire you. You are paid only on loans closed PRIOR to termination date, not the standard 30 days.
Pros
can't think of any....
Cons
compensation, unprofessional environment, poor management, etc.
Poorly managed company on the branch level
Loan Partner II (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TN-Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2015
I worked for this company and I was constantly harassed via email by the poor excuse for management. I encountered bullying and after it was brought to the light they wrote me up for a trumped up reason and fired me 30 days after the write-up. I have never worked at a company that allowed management to disrespected it's employee without disciplinary action. They always find a way to pass the blame for anything that goes wrong on the hourly employees. The benefits are a joke. As a single man I paid $240 a month for health insurance. Any branches not located in WI or Midwest are expendable and will close without notice if corporate so chooses. Hiring managers will tell you what you want to hear beware. This company is drifting along and will soon Titanic as does any other corporation that doesn't value its employees fairly. Proceed with caution. Poor budgeting management on the branch level. Micro-managing taken to a whole new level!!!
Pros
location
Cons
poor management - branch manager, no upward mobility, lacks diversity, cya culture
Don't work for this company
Mortgage Sales Specialist/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 15, 2014
This company opened 2 offices in our area. In less than I year they shut them down without any warning. The benefits are mrginal, and they don't treat empoyee fairly.
Cons
benefits, salary, executive management
Great people, great company!
Senior Mortgage Planner (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 9, 2013
Wonderful people to work with. Excellent loan process, marketing and technology! I would highly recommend to anyone looking to work in the mortgage industry.
Good company for work life balance.
VP, Underwriting and Credit Risk (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 3, 2014
Best part of this job was my very dedicated staff.
Company is purchase money focused.
Growing too fast.
Pros
location
benefits
Productive and Fun
Final Document Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 21, 2014
I loved working for this company. I would go back and work for them any day if I returned back to WI.
Great place need to manage growth
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2014
Good Company offers employees great technology. EMployee benefits are expensive.