Waterton Residential Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2015
Waterton Residential is an excellent company to work. They provide you with the necessary tools to succeed. I work with an amazing team at Desert Horizon. They are extremely professional and I take pride working with a great crew. I have never worked with a company that truly take customer service seriously. So far it has been a great experience.
Pros
Employer is A+, Great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement. They do not promote within.
Great Company to work for
Leasing Specialist for Riverwood Apartment (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 30, 2016
The company provided a great deal of training and the opportunities were always available for promotion. The owners sometimes participated in company meetings. The company has many property location in various city making transfer easy.
Overall a great place to work
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2015
My job primarily is leasing apartments and customer service. I enjoy most aspects of the job. Myself and all of my coworkers have been there for many years so it is like an extended family.
Pros
Good benefits, insurance and commission
Cons
Too many weekends, too many Holidays.
Not a good place to work
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Justice, ILApril 10, 2015
Uncaring management towards staff and residents. No budget for upkeep of the property and staff incentives. Colleagues are immature and lacks work ethics.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of managerial support; low morale; no team cameraderie
My coworkers made my job very fun!
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILAugust 4, 2015
Waterton is one of the top leading management companies in the industry which offered great opportunities to advance your career.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
Tight budgets to improve look of the property
Fun place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILOctober 3, 2014
Fun place to work, great benefits, competitive salaries and potential for advancement
Pros
competetive salaries
Cons
winter on call
Small company
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2015
Smaller company, not much room to advance. If you work hard, you can grow into all positions within the company. Owner is the manager and is micromanaged.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Flexible time off. If you are looking to advance in your carrier you should consider working for this company.
Fast paced community with great challenges
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxJanuary 8, 2015
Daily routine was to walk and open the available apartments to ensure their presence was move in ready. Return to the office to prepare daily treats/snacks prior to opening the blinds and unlocking the doors. Ran daily reports for move in rates and availability.
While in this position, I learned the needed systems and methods for leasing apartments. Management was great and always willing to step in when needed, but typically allowed issues to be handled upfront before intervening. Co-workers stayed busy and kept the day moving while we assisted each-other in times when the other had to be busy with other matters. The hardest part of the job was some language barriers. The most enjoyable part was working with not only the residents, but meeting the new people coming in and becoming part of the community.
Pros
regional management would provide lunch when visited the office.
Cons
since i was seasonal, healthcare was not an option
Productive, young work culture
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2013
The leasing team is the base of the apartment community. Rental performance is directly correlated to work success. Opportunities to cross train and complete projects that are in line with your ultimate career goals, during the slow season.

The summer hours can be hard. Management is for the most part approachable and coworkers are easy going.
Pros
industry networking events
Cons
long summer hours, holiday vacations can be hard to coordinate
Horrible, Political, Extremely high turn over.
Onsite (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2013
I worked for this company for exactly a year. In the year I worked for them I had three different managers. The stress and lack of support from upper management is un real. When I started I walked into the most disorganized mess I've ever seen. Promised to be paid bonuses on time and never we're. Good luck trying to complain the regionals could careless and just say oh I'm sorry. And say oh it's only x amount of dollars. Easy for them to say when they make twice as much as I do. They really don't care about employees safety either when hurricane warnings where in effect they still make you travel no matter how far the distance you live from the property. God forbid you ever complain against your manager, The coroprate office will take your compliant and then tell the person so then a month down the road the retaliate agianst you and ultimately you end up un employed. So good luck if you choose to work for this awful company!
Pros
small company.
Cons
no loyalty, horrible management
Great Start!
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee FLNovember 11, 2014
Great place to start your career in Leasing. Wish upper management knew more about the day-to-day operations. Generous company. Training very good. Would recommend.
Liked the people I worked with
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka MinnesotaNovember 17, 2014
I liked the people I worked with day in and day out. Rarely saw regional management. Was fairly well compensated for my skill set. Health insurance is poor and expensive to acquire for a family..
Pros
good co workers
Cons
health insurance
System implementation and employee standards need to be number one priority and currently they are not Waterton’s main concern.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2013
Overseeing a 576 unit community is always a challenge. However that challenges can be minimized when systems, proper training and clear company standards are set and upheald.

The property that I managed for Waterton's had a lot of potential for being a top A property. I set goals and laid out action plans to help this property succeed. Since I was not given the authority from upper management to implement these changes, no progress was made. The staff became confused as to what my roll as property manager was since I was given all of the responsibility of being manager but had no authority to hold any staff member accountable thus restricting employee and company growth.

I have been in property management for many years because I love this business. Despite the rollercoaster of drama and human emotions I experience, I have developed a balance between keeping residents satisfied while maintaining the integrity and professionalism of the company. I believe there is always a way to create a "Win, Win" solution.
dont see any future.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
I love my job and happy with the company but I don't see my self moving up in this company a lot of work for short staff I wish the management in the property I work run it better and do a better job and treat employer fairly.
High turn over
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2012
I learned a great deal about property management. Most co-workers were great people and hard working but there are a few that need to move on. The hardest part of the job was when my hands were tied & I was not able to make a resident happy by resolving an issue they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was making residents happy to be living there.
Incompetent
Porter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 1, 2014
I don't understand how a company can have or hire an unstable employee that likes to harass other employees. Their solution was to keep working with him. Really? To me that is a company that lacks inelegance and integrity. I fail to understand how they are even still in business.
Cons
working with unstable employees.
Great company with wonderful leadership.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 23, 2014
On a daily basis I am able to interact with our manager and senior executives throughout the United States, which makes it very enjoyable.
Nice Company to Work for
Leasing & Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJanuary 14, 2014
When I was hired, Waterton Residential had a short term contract with the property I started at. The property was Bank Owned and a new company bought and managed the property. While working for Waterton the managers were Great and always willing to help. I would work for the company again if they had a property in my area.
Excellent place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 13, 2013
I worked for this company in the Durham NC market as a leasing consultant. Manager always went the extra distance for both residence & employees. It was a fast pace and very exciting position. Co-workers were a great deal of fun. I don't know about other markets however Durham/Raleigh is a great place for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterton Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5