Waterton Employee Reviews

Serious but dedicated residential/concierge mngmt.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2018
My experience with Waterton actually began as a college student, briefly living in their Presidential Towers site. It was really excellent as far as a living community goes, given that the site has four fifty floor towers - which never really impeded their management skills. I lived there briefly as a subletter during the summer (which I think is the busiest time for the city of Chicago, especially the West Loop), and loved to come home because of how vibrant and alive the building always seemed to be. Anyhow, some years later I became a leasing agent for the same company and found my experiences to be still pleasant, yet a little more realistic. I realized that the reason residents love the Waterton properties so much is because of the diligent work that goes on behind the scenes (mostly by the lower level employees). The work environment can be a bit strained with such large properties and so many residents to tend to - but there is never a shortage of tasks or ways to be helpful on site. I really did love my time working with the company, even if it can be a bit taxing with the long days (weekend included) and slightly rapidfire leasing style. Management is overall superb, just a bit methodical to the point of seeming like well oiled robots.
Pros
Communication with supervisors/managers is excellent, great benefits
Cons
Long work days, mandatory online trainings
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
I can't say enough good about Waterton. It's a wonderful company to work for. They own wonderful buildings, the management team and executives are great people, the work is fun, dynamic, strategic, analytical, and really makes you think outside the box. Pay and benefits are superior to others in the same space. I would highly recommend Waterton.
Growing company
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
Monthly Close Process
Monthly Journal Entries
Work papers
Escrow Analysis
Capital Expenditure Analysis
Operating Expense Analysis
Distribution of Financial Statements to Owners, Lenders and Investors.
Calculation of Sales Taxes
On site Internal Audits
Okay Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 21, 2017
I've worked for a couple PM companies and this has been my least favorable experience. The training in mediocre and the standards for operation are outdated. Capital Projects are the most unorganized and make things really stressful. They have the right ideas with how to make things better but have failed to effectively execute any changes.
Pros
Good pay and PTO
Cons
Outdated management practices
Nice Work place
Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
The work vibe is nice and easy going. The employer show appreciation for the workers very often. This is the BEST place that I have worked at in my career
Great Place
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 27, 2016
This is a good place to work most of the employees are friendly if you are looking for a job be sure and check this place out. it is growing in census
Great Company! Work Hard & Be Rewarded!
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2016
Great company to work for! You have to be flexible in your approach and willing to re-prioritize as things change which they often do - it is just the nature of the business model. There is really no average day and that is what I enjoy. Management is good and typically gives you the autonomy to do your job as you see fit - it is about results and overall performance at the end of the day. You will work hard and be held accountable - this is not a company for slackers! Lots of great perks and benefits - love that the company is so committed to wellness and philanthropic efforts!
Pros
Great benefits, lots of little perks, onsite fitness center (Chicago), close to transportation, philanthropic involvement, competitive pay & clear bonus plans
Great Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2016
Dedicated Ownership. Big on staff training and development.Office moral is great. Pay on time and accurately. Great learning experience overall.
Decent company to work for - Management is OK
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2016
Busy work schedule, with little management help. Phone are always ringng and residents can be rude. Learned a lot though, the benefits they offered were not good at all, but you are eligible after 30 days which most companies don't do. Pay is decent, bonuses are decent.
Property Management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAOctober 10, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company and would have stayed with them except they were selling the community that I worked at and they company did not have any other communites local that I could stay at so I had to move on.