Waterway Carwash Employee Reviews

Fun and chill
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJune 8, 2017
It was a relaxing environment and very fun. Everyone was fair in work and all my bosses were very kind and very helpful when it came to uncomfortable situations between customers who are very unhappy.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Had it slow days
Productive and fun place to work and be at.
Lane Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2017
Waterway is a place with great customer experience. They provide a safe environment for both employees and customers. Safety first and always ready to help.
Pros
Flexible hours, free drinks and food.
Cons
Weather dependent.
Best job experience I've had
LINE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOApril 25, 2017
Working at waterway was a great first job for myself,gaining customer service experience was hugely helpful in my college career and pursuit of other employment. Flexible scheduling made for me to be able to work when I wanted, I took half days in high school while working here and It made it easy to work around my schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on a customers face after cleaning their vehicle.
Pros
A lot of tips, fun work environment.
Cons
No paid breaks.
Fast paced workplace with little motivation
Senior Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 25, 2017
A typical day would include washing cars and relying mostly on various $2-$6 tips. Management was not very supportive when it came to aiding in busy rushes. Most frustrating was the low tip-wage coupled with the company's reluctance to remind customers that employees worked mainly on tips, which made for tough wages at times. Additionally, during colder months, being outside as well as involved with water and other chemicals became quite frigid.
Pros
Fast-Paced, Self-driven
Cons
Management, Wages
Something new everyday
Senior Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2017
The job is constantly keeping you on your toes, and you never know what to expect! It's so much fun coming to work everyday. I've learned so many beneficial customer service traits, that I cant wait to take with me.
Job for students
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 13, 2017
Was not to keen about working their. Had only done it so i could make more income,Had horrible client base and managers didnt have you back if you needed them.
Very good workplace for high school/college students
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2017
I've worked at waterway for a little over 3 years and my experience has been great. You get to work with friends and great people. The management is awesome and they are good people to get to know and work with
Pros
Great cash tips
Cons
No breaks for lunch
Worst job I've ever had but good money at times
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMarch 21, 2017
Day working is extremely stressful because you get chewed out over the littlest things it's like walking on eggshells the whole time while you're working. I gave my two weeks and should up two times moslty I was stressed and I was sick and on my last day I was a no-call no-show. Management it's off all their rude or mean they're douchebags. anyone but the Kirkwood location
Pros
Cons
Kirkwood location
Fun work place!
Cashier and Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 6, 2017
I loved every minute I worked at waterway. It was a super fun work place, but we were all very serious about our job and making sure everything got done. It was a tough job but definitely worth it. They are super flexible with hours which was always helpful.
Fun place to work.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree Co. USJanuary 19, 2017
I did enjoy the outdoors snow, sun and rain, very physical. While other managers were trying to hide in the office I was out there with my crew washing cars or helping the sales guys, helping cashiers walking thru the whole property making sure everything was ok. Running the board was awesome making sure you have the right staff to take care of the customer and my boss. I always had bonus for been accurate with board (Schedule).
The busiest the better for me.
Overall pretty great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 9, 2017
management can be awesome or it can suck, worked 40 hours a week, advanced quickly, working environment can be rough, very hot and cold, just overall good job especially a if you are a hard worker
Pros
Never late nights, a large potential to make good money, relationships etc
Cons
Managers are changed out nonstop and has high turnover
Productive, laid back.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 10, 2016
Nice place to work, being a new employee introduction and training was not conducted very well, felt uncomfortable being left alone at night after only 2 weeks.
Fast paced, team oriented work environment
Line Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 27, 2016
Washing cars as a line employee was a fun job in high school, especially when you are working with some of your best friends. Working in a team environment makes everything more enjoyable, and much more efficient. Managers were always present on the lot along with the line employees and readily answered questions from employees or customers. Overall I had a great time working here in highschool.
Pros
Great high school pay.
Cons
Little to no breaks. Must work in extreme cold and heat.
Very upbeat and active environment
Line Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2016
Great place to work for highschool and middle school students who are seeking their first employment. Flexible hours for them so they have the ability to balance work life and school life. The business continues to improve
Competetive and encouraging work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 17, 2016
• Quickly and efficiently process payments
• Maintain adequate stock and order products
• Maintain store cleanliness
• In depth product knowledge
• Sell memberships, maintain memberships, update member information, recognize members and call them by last name (or first, whichever they prefer), and solve any issues relating to the membership in a fast and professional manner.
• Able to quickly establish customer relations, upsell customers, and build a loyal clientele.
• Answer inbound calls in a timely manner while processing payments
• Handle complaints and go above and beyond to make a happy customer
• Open and close and overall operate regular store business
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short breaks
Easy job
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the car wash, it's easy money, and the management is really great. A good job for high school and college students, and you get free washes!
Pros
tips!
Cons
weather
Laid back workplace / TIPS!
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 11, 2016
It was a pretty laid back workplace for the most part. As long as you were doing what you were supposed to be doing, there wasn't much you had to worry about as far as complaints from your boss goes. My favorite part was the tips. While most people would be frightened by $4.25/hr, I didn't mind because I know that gave me more control in how much I make for the day. Some days I could make $5 in tips, other days I could make $100 in tips. It all depended on a few factors: weather, other line associates on the clock, and of course, work ethic.
Pros
Tips, difficulty
Cons
Unpredictable weather
Fun and Fast pace work environment
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work includes interaction with customers and expectations of high quality on the cars that are being serviced
Alright
Line associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMay 10, 2016
Nice job for teens, must of your money made is off tips. Simple job to perform. Long hours exposed to he elements. Four year degree needed for promotions.
fun working with pepole in a fast moving company
Car Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 2, 2016
I like the responsibility of detailing and washing cars and trucks. I like being out doors, meeting customers, and making shore they are satisfied

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterway Carwash. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval