Waterway Gas & Wash Employee Reviews in United States

fun working with pepole in a fast moving company
Car Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 2, 2016
I like the responsibility of detailing and washing cars and trucks. I like being out doors, meeting customers, and making shore they are satisfied
To obtain a position where I can expand my knowledge and experience as well as use my outstanding skills to provide excellent customer service.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2016
To obtain a position where I can expand my knowledge and experience as well
as use my outstanding skills to provide excellent customer service.
Productive and fun experience.
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2015
A typical day at work would include working with other team members to make sure cars are clean. Also, making sure the store and parking lot were clean. The hardest part of the job was working through the cold. The most enjoyable was working with people my age.
Pros
Free car washes, co-workers.
Cons
No breaks, working through weather.
Great place for a part time job
Senior Line Associate / Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHOctober 2, 2015
Waterway was a very fun job to work with a bunch of friends. Coworkers work together to make money and enjoy doing it. Management is also very tolerable with employees.
general job overview
Line Associate (Mentor) (Current Employee) –  MOSeptember 22, 2015
a friendly work environment that can be intense but compensating. management is relatable, co-workers are efficient but sometimes difficult. plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. best part are tips.
Pros
dealing with unsatisfied customers, dealing with lazy co-workers
Cons
tips, friendly environment
Knowledgable, Hard working
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHFebruary 10, 2015
The staff is hard working and very customer oriented. They work as hard as possible to give the customers an exceptional service at a great price.
Ok place
line (Current Employee) –  Aurora ohioDecember 10, 2014
It's a ok place to work. But the managers don't have that much respect for you as a line employee. At bainbridge workers are not happy. We do to much physical labor on a slow day for 4.50 a hour. And buttons and tunnel we deserve minimum wage for that hour. Also at bainbridge when we are walking through the store and we stop and say "hi how are you to the cashier " don't jump on us right away and yell at us to get out of the store. Give us time to say hey to other workers. Customers also need to tip. There are no signs saying "we appreciate tips" more than 25% customers don't tip. That's how we make our money. Also we need a computer to clock in and out. The clip board thing is not accurate. Waterway needs to take more time to appreciate there employees. We come in and work our butt off and we get a pay check. No. Employee of the month. I will be leaving waterway soon.
Pros
free washes.
Cons
managers. no tips. low pay
Ever day Life At Waterway
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Being an employee at Waterway was my favorite job so far. Not only were they very helpful to their customers, they always tried to find better ways to benefit the customer. My co-workers were all amazing. When I was having a bad day, the first thing that would light up my day was being around my co-workers. They were genuine people who I built relationships with. The hardest part of the job would have to be the mean customers who blame a lot of the problems with their car on the cashiers which we have no fault over. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the day-to-day customers because they were very nice kept me going. In addition, I loved my managers. They were kind hearted and funny so they kept the facility running well and never let the job get boring.
Fast paced environment and great place to work at.
hardworking, a team player, and a team leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2013
The days can be intense when busy but when everyone is working together the environment is exciting and fun. The hardest part about Waterway is trying to keep up and maintain excellent quality. The most enjoyable part about working at Waterway is making customers happy and appreciative of your work.
Very accomodating and freindly team.
Senior Line Employee (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 26, 2013
The team was always very fun to work with during the strenuous work hours, making what could be a long day into a very short-feeling day. Management was alright, but seemed more concerned about company appearance than your needs as an employee. The hardest part of the job is the fast-paced rushes that came around lunch and the end of the work day.
Pros
free car washes and friendly team.
Cons
mundane rules, high turnover rate, and micromagement.
Great workplace with a lot of great character.
Cashier/Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 26, 2013
Car washes ranged from a "nothing but exterior" to a detail top to bottom. I myself learned how much work it takes to make a car look brand new, and have done so. This was by far my most enjoyable job due to the people that surrounded the site, great character, but strive for perfection. The hardest part of the job was getting the volume that we needed without skipping over certain parts or duties of each car. Now on the other side the most enjoyable part was the high level of cars that came through as well as the amount of time that flew by when busy.
Pros
tipped wages.
Cons
sometimes hard to get a break
waterway
Line Associate (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2012
A typical day was about five to eight hours of standing and constantly moving.

We worked in all weather but thunder storms.

Waterway was my first job so it was the whole foundation of my employment it taught me what it was like to be a part of a team and how to interact with people I don't know.

The managers were really helpful the downside was that they did not stay for a long time so i did not get to know them very well.

The hardest part of the job was the physical draining you obtain by the end of the day it is exhausting but gives you the perfect exercise. Also the chemical room wasn't very safe and the company got written up for it.

The most enjoyable was that it was pretty laid back i met awesome people who i hung out with outside of work and the fact that it was outside.
Pros
outside, relaxed environment, free to move around.
Cons
sometimes unfairness in employment. favoritism. draining.
Productive place to work with great customers
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJuly 4, 2012
My day at work would start off by me coming in around 3:00 and immediately starting on a car. I usually will leave with between $20-$45 in tips on the days that I work. During the week, I am scheduled to close so we all usually leave around about 8:30, and we close at 8:00. I've learned a few different things since working there like how to thoroughly detail a vehicle, also how to work different vehicles like hybrids and push to start vehicles, and I learned how to sell washes and how to properly work with the customers. Management does a good job of keeping things in line and professional. Also management has given me good compliments about my work multiple times. My co-workers all get along with me and I get along with them, we all have a good time at work, joking around a lot, talking to one another often. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is working outside in the heat during the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is having instant cash in my pocket at the end of the day.
Pros
instant cash, free washes in paycheck, experience with detailing a car.
Cons
the weather, no actual lunch breaks, not many benefits
Standard Retail Mgmt Experience - High Performance Expectations
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MetroMarch 8, 2012
Great place to manage if you prefer being active, outdoors, marketing with customers and don't mind pampering high end clientele. Lot's of room for upward movement if you have the necessary skills and results
Pros
free carwashes, benefits, active/outdoor environment
Cons
no breaks, long hours, demanding schedule, hectic environment and erratic business patterns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterway Gas & Wash. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7