WATERWORKS Employee Reviews in United States

Laid back environment but new changes have been bad
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2016
As far as the company itself they do try to take care of you. However the issues are within new acquired management team. If you like a work place with a lot of drama and bunch of new people who don't know what there doing, than this company is for you. They used to be a great company until recent changes with management. Besides that welcome to a very fast paced environment that will challenge you day to day. Your work day goes by fast and before you know it you would have put in a full days work. Helpful coworkers and an awesome president that will take time to come greet everyone.
Pros
Great structure, HR, Techs, starting pay
Cons
New changes, insurance
Productive/pleasant work place.
Billing Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 25, 2015
Overall was great workplace. Supportive management !!! New changes,needed change. Most enjoyable part was teamwork with fellow colleagues.
always learning new things each day and taking on new challenges each day.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 9, 2015
Always learning new things each day and taking on new challenges each day to further my knowledge as a tech.
My co workers are fun to work with we teach and learn from each other. And I would have to say the hardest part of my job is
maintainig a decent amount of hours.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get a chance to get better at the projects I work on each day.
Pros
Being able to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Interesting Job
PROJECT MANAGER/SALES (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 29, 2015
job provided a variety of situations during work week which provided interesting days therefore work weeks flew by. Each day proved to be a challenge as no job was the same, different tastes, designs and terrain gave one the canvas to create and see created.
Ww
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 2, 2015
Waterworks is a small growing company. I really enjoyed my time there but the company has growing pains. I truly believe it has a great upside.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Inexpierienced management
Fun and demanding job
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioApril 8, 2015
At the waterworks you can expect a lot of responsibility on your first day, but working hard and giving it your best each and everyday makes you feel like a better person coming home.
Pros
responsibility
Cons
dirty clothes
Was a great place to work
Accounting Team member (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 31, 2015
Working at Waterworks was a good experience. They cared about their clients and customer service was very important to them. Wanted to set up employees not to fail. Had lot of training seminars.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
cannot think of one
Best Work Environment Ever
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West HollywoodMarch 11, 2015
I love working here, a 9-5 that allows for flexibility in life. Great work/life balance. The days are busy and can get overwhelming, but who wants a boring easy job?
Everyone gets along great with each other, and management is by far the best I've ever encountered.
It does take a long time to learn product knowledge, because it's bath design and living in California you have to abide by Cal-Green requirements.
Also majority of the employees are tenured, which proves what a great company it is to work for.
Pros
benefits, work environment, challenging
Great Company to work for
DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Waterworks truly vauled your personal time and never made you feel that work was more important than your personal life. They are the leaders in design and was so very proud to have worked for them for so long.
I was able to work with the best Architects and Designers in the World partnering with them to design the best space for their clients.
Pros
benefits are great and work/life balance was great.
Long days outside at Waterworks car wash
Car Finisher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day is providing customer service and excellent quality work. Customers drive in, tell the salesmen what they want, and the other employees and I take care of the rest. I learned that excellent quality of performance is expected no matter the job. It may just be washing and detailing cars, but I have to ensure the customer is more than just satisfied. Management is not the best here. Labor isn't well kept up with and many times employees are just sitting around waiting to clock in. Also when a problem arises, management doesn't always know how to handle the situation. The hardest part of the job is sometimes going through the day without a break. It doesn't bother me too much if I don't get one because I understand there is a lot of business and we are sometimes understaffed. The most enjoyable part has to be when a customer's car is finished and they see the finished product. They are always happy with my work regardless if they spent a lot of money getting a detail done or not and are usually generous with their tips.
Pros
free washes, keep all tips
Cons
sometimes no breaks, bad management, business is dependent on the weather
productive and energetic environment
Desk supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 23, 2014
A typical day is setting up for Birthday party by the pool area, discuss parents wishes, and safety regulations. give the team instructions, management knows to trust me so no supervision needed. Fun part is seeing that the party is succesfull and the children have fun. hardest part is cleaning up if someone throws up.
I have learnt how to deal with parents and children so I have gained people skills.
Pros
working with children
Cons
cleaning up throw up
Amazing company to work for
Inventory Management (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 18, 2014
Great work enviornment, you are recognized for your hard work. Great benefits, many perks company breakfasts and lunches. Opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunities, free lunches, recognition
Cons
very heavy work load
great design and atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  miami, flJune 4, 2014
great product, beautiful design, very receptive to changes
Pros
full benefits, career advancement
fun place to work
Ambassador customer service/ Line worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2014
the management workes with the employees. Everyone works very hard to do the best job they can. the customers get there monies worth.After i get done with college i will always take my cars to waterworks
Pros
good tips and staff will let you take time off to do things you need to do.
Cons
when its slow you might not get aloy of hours
Not the greatest company to work with
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYApril 18, 2014
Unfortunetley although my skills superseed the ability of working with mangers and owners that are unappreciate and do not shows respect for their employees.
seasonal employment under contractor
Private Contractor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 14, 2013
great company, the people are friendly and very responsive to their customer base. Training was very hands-on and I picked up a new skill that I could add to my resume.
Waterworks
Work Hand / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 8, 2013
Productive company. It sells sprinkler systems. Creates a high profit but paying employees the lowest hourly wages.
Flexible work environment, beautiful products!
Recruiting Consultant (Virtual/Part time) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 3, 2013
They have amazing products and all their showrooms and their corporate headquarters are all very elegant and beautiful.
The location of their corporate headquarters was a challenge to find high end talent as well as their salaries were low for alot of the positions.
Pros
privately held company, amazing high end products
Cons
location of corp.. headquarters, salaries were low
Productive workplace resulting in ultimate design deliveries.
Bath Project Coordinator / Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTMay 14, 2012
The ability to express my creative talents to include design elements to formulate new bathrooms and kitchens enriching the lives of many clients. Had to administratively formulate the square foot needs of tile designs through to the manufacturing level and into the the architects or contractors hands to satisfy the end client. Worked with manufacturers and contractors to ensure the on- time delivery for job completion.
Pros
beautiful showroom, worked with many wonderful clients
Cons
some long hours
I learned a lot about water treatment systems
Service / Installation (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 9, 2012
I would stock the work truck at least once a week. Trouble shooting water treatment systems was a challenge, but that is what I like about the job.
Pros
meeting new people every day.
Cons
not enough work