WATERWORKS Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 18, 2016
Great place to work, I had a great manager who gave me autonomy when I most needed it and coaching when I needed it too. The culture in general is very relaxed so I was surprised to see everyone leave work at exactly 5pm- I'm used to the New York style of 9-9 so it was quite amazing to see that the company valued work/life balance.
Pros
Great employees, benefits, 401 matching program, work/life balance
Cons
Upward mobility is very limited, open-concept office design lacks privacy
A pretty good company.
Plumber's Apprentice/Technician (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIDecember 5, 2016
Good company to start at and to grow at if your a greenhorn or even a journeyman plumber. The only downfall is you dont get a truck to take home.
Working
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2016
Been with several Plumbing companies over the last 12 years. Most are not ran as well as Waterworks is. Company is large and well established in the Columbus area. Not many people out there who haven't heard of them. Techs are commissioned based, which is both bad and good. However pay scale seems to reflect less on experience and achievements and more on who can sell the most services. If you are an honest plumber, you wont make as much here.
Pros
Company truck with gas and maintenance covered.
Cons
Benefits suck, the pay versus the time your away from your family could be alot better.
Not a bad place to work if you need a job
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 7, 2016
I learned to use a RF PC scan gun and how to pick and pack orders. Also learned how to receive material into the warehouse using their warehouse management system. Also learned how to operate forklifts and ride on pallet jacks.

A typical day was coming in getting a scan gun and checking what orders were given to my account in the system and begin to pick orders and depending on the amount orders that are picked during the day might be moved to pack small or large orders. At the end of my time there; I was moved to receiving and I would just receive material into the warehouse and put it away in various storage locations in the warehouse and sign bills for truckers and unload the freight using forklifts.
Great people to work with
Maketing Coordinator/Furnishings Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT/Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2016
I held both marketing and sales jobs at Waterworks. A typical day of work included managing product launches, working on my senior vice president and cofounder's blog, managing website photography, proofing catalogues in progress, social media posting. I learned that "marketing" covers a VAST assortment of tasks. My coworkers were dedicated and supportive. We were all team players that worked hard and understood each other's challenges. The hardest part of the job was work/life balance. Though my supervisors were great, it was clear that work came above and beyond everything and anything else in their life. It was hard to work within the parameters of a normal work day. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far the people, which is why when I decided to move for personal reasons, I decided to transfer within the company, It is also why, even though I no longer work for Waterworks, I keep in touch with those I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Amazing teammates
Cons
lack of work-life balance
Interesting, productive, pleasant place to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAJuly 27, 2016
This was a small office environment with a total of 8 employees. Everybody was one big happy family and we enjoyed working as team players even though we might have had our differences. There were days that the workload was overwhelming but we did the best we could. I enjoyed learning all aspects of my job duties.
Pros
Meeting people in the community
Cons
My position would get fast-paced which caused some errors
Not going in the right direction
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2016
The company seems not to be got going in the right direction. Leadership is poor and an spotty at best. There is no clear plan or direction on what the next step with the company will be and great employees are leaving because of a few bad people.
Pros
Well Established company great owner
Cons
Poor leadership and management
Laid back environment but new changes have been bad
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2016
As far as the company itself they do try to take care of you. However the issues are within new acquired management team. If you like a work place with a lot of drama and bunch of new people who don't know what there doing, than this company is for you. They used to be a great company until recent changes with management. Besides that welcome to a very fast paced environment that will challenge you day to day. Your work day goes by fast and before you know it you would have put in a full days work. Helpful coworkers and an awesome president that will take time to come greet everyone.
Pros
Great structure, Hr, Techs, starting pay
Cons
New changes, insurance
Productive/pleasant work place.
Billing Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 25, 2015
Overall was great workplace. Supportive management !!! New changes,needed change. Most enjoyable part was teamwork with fellow colleagues.
always learning new things each day and taking on new challenges each day.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 9, 2015
Always learning new things each day and taking on new challenges each day to further my knowledge as a tech.
My co workers are fun to work with we teach and learn from each other. And I would have to say the hardest part of my job is
maintainig a decent amount of hours.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get a chance to get better at the projects I work on each day.
Pros
Being able to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Interesting Job
PROJECT MANAGER/SALES (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 29, 2015
job provided a variety of situations during work week which provided interesting days therefore work weeks flew by. Each day proved to be a challenge as no job was the same, different tastes, designs and terrain gave one the canvas to create and see created.
Ww
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 2, 2015
Waterworks is a small growing company. I really enjoyed my time there but the company has growing pains. I truly believe it has a great upside.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Inexpierienced management
Fun and demanding job
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioApril 8, 2015
At the waterworks you can expect a lot of responsibility on your first day, but working hard and giving it your best each and everyday makes you feel like a better person coming home.
Pros
responsibility
Cons
dirty clothes
Was a great place to work
Accounting Team member (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 31, 2015
Working at Waterworks was a good experience. They cared about their clients and customer service was very important to them. Wanted to set up employees not to fail. Had lot of training seminars.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
cannot think of one
Best Work Environment Ever
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West HollywoodMarch 11, 2015
I love working here, a 9-5 that allows for flexibility in life. Great work/life balance. The days are busy and can get overwhelming, but who wants a boring easy job?
Everyone gets along great with each other, and management is by far the best I've ever encountered.
It does take a long time to learn product knowledge, because it's bath design and living in California you have to abide by Cal-Green requirements.
Also majority of the employees are tenured, which proves what a great company it is to work for.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, challenging
Great Company to work for
DESIGN SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Waterworks truly vauled your personal time and never made you feel that work was more important than your personal life. They are the leaders in design and was so very proud to have worked for them for so long.
I was able to work with the best Architects and Designers in the World partnering with them to design the best space for their clients.
Pros
benefits are great and work/life balance was great.
Long days outside at Waterworks car wash
Car Finisher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day is providing customer service and excellent quality work. Customers drive in, tell the salesmen what they want, and the other employees and I take care of the rest. I learned that excellent quality of performance is expected no matter the job. It may just be washing and detailing cars, but I have to ensure the customer is more than just satisfied. Management is not the best here. Labor isn't well kept up with and many times employees are just sitting around waiting to clock in. Also when a problem arises, management doesn't always know how to handle the situation. The hardest part of the job is sometimes going through the day without a break. It doesn't bother me too much if I don't get one because I understand there is a lot of business and we are sometimes understaffed. The most enjoyable part has to be when a customer's car is finished and they see the finished product. They are always happy with my work regardless if they spent a lot of money getting a detail done or not and are usually generous with their tips.
Pros
Free washes, keep all tips
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, bad management, business is dependent on the weather
productive and energetic environment
Desk supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 23, 2014
A typical day is setting up for Birthday party by the pool area, discuss parents wishes, and safety regulations. give the team instructions, management knows to trust me so no supervision needed. Fun part is seeing that the party is succesfull and the children have fun. hardest part is cleaning up if someone throws up.
I have learnt how to deal with parents and children so I have gained people skills.
Pros
working with children
Cons
cleaning up throw up
Amazing company to work for
Inventory Management (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 18, 2014
Great work enviornment, you are recognized for your hard work. Great benefits, many perks company breakfasts and lunches. Opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunities, free lunches, recognition
Cons
very heavy work load
great design and atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  miami, flJune 4, 2014
great product, beautiful design, very receptive to changes
Pros
full benefits, career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WATERWORKS. Our community is ready to answer.