Watlow Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILMarch 18, 2017
Worse job I ever had. Poisonous work environment with vindictive co-workers. No training and were expected to figure most things out on my own. If you don't learn fast enough, fellow line workers will shun and harass you. Production leads are even worse. Stay away from this place!!
Pros
Something to do
Cons
Poisioous work environment, Vindictive co-workers, low pay
typical factory/ production environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 5, 2017
very poor place to work. Non union result is low pay limited raises.
It's a shame it would be very difficult to get a pro union vote. I considered a union drive but gave up the idea.
Pros
helpful co-workers, breaks
Cons
low pay, ignorant management
Fun and productive, great people.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I really liked this job. The people were fantastic, always interested in discussion. The management were all incredibly helpful, and understanding when it came to illnesses or other unfortunate circumstances.

I worked in their Hybrid, AB Prep, and AB Finals lines. Hybrid is widely considered to be their hardest line, as the amount of hand-intensive labor is higher here than anywhere else. AB Prep is another one of their hard lines to run, as everything has incredibly short cycle times and almost no room for error. AB Finals is an incredibly easy line, as almost everything is automated.

I really had no complaints about Watlow, except for their long waits for advancement or "conversion" from being a temporary contractor to being a full-time employee. The expected wait time was between 6-12 months.

TL;DR: Pretty solid company to work for all around.
Pros
Lots of work being put in for the employees
Cons
Healthcare is tricky to navigate with them.
Constant turmoil
Administrative Assistant/Product Certifications (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILDecember 15, 2016
This place was constantly moving departments around, changing managers, hiring and firing people. very unsettled, no job security because of the constant turmoil.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unsettled company
There are better opportunites out there. but, I've had worse jobs.
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILOctober 10, 2016
Had a few good bosses, They seem to try to steal their operation style from other companies, I found they created a lot of busy work instead of really trying to get things done. Not a very innovative company.
Pros
down to earth employees
Cons
productive, easy going, fun place to work with tv's in break room
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 11, 2016
Easy fun work place with good wage. The facility is climate control and it is not hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Pros
silver coin or free fruits everyday, and free food during meetings, which is once each month
Cons
hard to get hire full time
Kind, considerate, decent people to work with
Lead Machine Builder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILOctober 1, 2014
My first day, I was touring the plant with my new supervisor. He stopped at the large bulletin board inside the cafeteria. He explained to me the posted company ethics and told me he expected me to inform him if he was falling short of these goals. He was sincere. I was impressed.

The plant and equipment is a bit tired and cramped, but great people to work for.
Pros
Great people and company culture
Cons
Lower than expected pay
Decent work environment. The people are nice and welcoming.
Quote Facilitator / Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MODecember 13, 2013
I work on the floor 3 days a week and the office 2 days a week. In the office my typical day would consist of an 8:30am sales meeting. From there I check my personal e-mails as well as the incoming inquiries from customers. Being the quote facilitator my job is to analyze the e-mails, formulate quotes, and then assign the quotes to the correct Product Specialist for that particular account. If the customer's request simple technical questions I have the ability to answer them directly.
The days that I am on the floor consists of making heating elements to customer specification. I need to analyze specs sheets to gain the information I need to correctly build heating elements for that particular customer.
Pros
Love my co-workers and the work is fair.
Cons
Don't feel like the opportunity for advancement is there.
watlow
Software verification tech (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 10, 2013
Its an excellent company with great work culture. I joined here in August, 2012 since then I have learned a lot and excelled my own proficiency to a great extent.
Delightful work.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 5, 2013
Fun and interesting work, but made difficult by micro-managing.
Pros
Simple yet engaging work.
Cons
Micro-managing and saying one thing but doing another.
laobor machine operator
assembler labor, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJuly 4, 2012
ran fill machines, roll machine, stamp machines.
tape measures, trouble shoot parts and machine
paper work,
hardest part was making sure you dont drop parts down the pit
I like learning where the parts went
I get along with all the team members
Pros
learning new things
Cons
cleaning up the pit of sand
Productive working place
Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2012
You will learn alot of different things about building heaters
Pros
learning to weld
I am a hard worker and get along great with others. Jobs that I have had in the past have been long term. Reason for leaving was out of my control.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  ILApril 19, 2012
I have learnd how to work the machines. People are verry nice and understanding. The managers are well trained and pleasent working with.The hardest was to help other departmants and learn their job as well. I enjoyed working with each and everyone of them.
Pros
birthdays, raises, people