Watson Clinic Employee Reviews

lower ranked Employees are wonderful
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 18, 2016
They cater to the Doctors and higher up staff. The doctor's can mistreat you and nobody does nothing not even HR. I had an issue with a doctor I went to HR and absolutely nothing was done. I just switched departments and kept journals of every incident.
Pros
nice Nurses and MA's
Cons
no appreciation, low pay, high benefits
Professional, good company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 9, 2016
I worked in many different specialties as a nurse,and when you wanted a change there was always a different specialty to go into.Benefits were excellent. Co-workers and management were always professional. Hardest part of the job was floating into oncology, every time I worked in that specialty I would go home crying. I loved working for Watson Clinic. It was a great place for me to start my nursing career,and I learned a lot . I only left to go into critical care nursing.
Staff was like family
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 16, 2016
Long hard hours. Only 2 of us for 2 surgeons.
Co-workers were like family.
Hardest part of job was the length of the day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to have our work help another person have better health.
Pros
Family atmosphere. We all worked together.
Poor leadership
Medical Assistant, RMA/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 16, 2016
I worked at Watson Clinic for 10 years with less then 2.00 an hour increase in pay. I was given more and more work load with no additional pay.
great place to work
Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 5, 2016
Lots of patients, great coworkers, one of the best places ive worked, i had to quit because it was only part time, and i needed full time, management was awesome. it was actual team work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Very friendly staff, mega-convenient patients‘ rooms, wonderful hospital, relatively good price for a medical care program. I have never been in a hospital so long nor do I recommend it, but IF you find yourself really sick, this is a great place to have to be. Booking Health have organized everything on the highest level. Welldone!
Friendly work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 28, 2016
A typical work day was long and fast paced. Very knowledgeable co -workers and employers. Management was very understanding and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace. The most enjoyable part was working with the patients.

Comment – July 27, 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to add your comments about working at Watson Clinic. I truly appreciate it. Chris Walsh HR Manager

Enjoyed the professionaliam.
Treadmill Tech (Medcial Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 14, 2016
Overall Watson Clinic is one of the best companies I worked for. I enjoyed every day at work with patients, doctors, and co workers. It was a fast past environment that truly gave excellent care to the patients.
worked as an office nurse
LPN OFFICE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 18, 2016
compiled charts, apt, lab repots, vital signs and all other information for MD to review with the patient. Entered tests into computer, called rx's into pharmacies for patients, made follow appts for patients.
Not a place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 23, 2016
If you have children or health conditions this is not a place to work. There are no excused missed work days no matter what the situation is accept for death in family. You are stared at every time you get up to use the restroom and if you get to take a break make sure you leave the office or your breaks will get cut short. No open door policy even if the super says there is. Do not give advice when asked or you be chewed out; the supervisor does not take advise of any kind nicely even when asking. Do not get sick you will get chewed out for coming in and it will count against you if you call in. All time off even sick time is taken from your PTO unless out sick after third day. No one at this facility accept for about three people like this job. It is difficult to get a vacation or days off because people who have seniority get first pick all the time. Very high turn around.

Want to know more about Watson Clinic?

Ask a question
billing
patient (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 7, 2016
this company has turned my bill in to collections after they were already paid.
now i get threats from them if i don't pay.
i learned they are crooks.
every day is hellish since i met them.
Pros
there are none
Cons
they are double billing
Enjoyed working in the lab
Lab Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  MainAugust 12, 2016
Very busy place to work, makes the day go by faster, enjoyed everyone I worked with., I learned that there are not back stabbing people in the workplace as there were at my previous job of 14 years.

Comment – August 18, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your time in the lab. Chris Walsh HR Manager

Fun place
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2016
This was a place where I learned that the medical field was for me. I really loved my years there. I met a lot of awesome people there, from staff to patients. We all became one happy family.
Pros
Love of the staff and patients
Loved working here
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 14, 2016
Learned a lot from this office. My medical knowledge all comes from working at Comprehensive Primary Care llc. Great Doctors and nurses office staff feels like family.
Pros
Great place to work and learn
stay far, far away
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
Only work at this facility as a last resort. The mgmt. is absolutely clueless about how to run a heath care facility. Watson used to be the employer of choice but the mgmt. has lost sight of what made them, the key is the people who work there. There is no motivation to work hard at Watson as it will either go unrewarded or unappreciated. The pay and benefits are way below the area average and it recently took them 4 months to give my evaluation and the tiny pittance they call a raise. I am a top performer and given the highest raise available to a nurse, which is a total (wait for it) 2% raise for the year. Woo Hoo, 28 cents for me. Wow, what a total mess this place is. We are currently being told that we work for the clinic, however, if a MD does something out of line we are told that there is nothing the clinic can as the MD's are partners in the clinic and own it so that there is absolutely no protection from a MD who feels that can act without reproach. They can and do act like they are untouchable. I am truly ashamed to work here and am actively looking for employment elsewhere. By the way, I have worked there a year and half, missed only one day and have no write ups in my file so you can dismiss the opinion that I am a problem employee with a axe to grind. I am just trying to prevent someone else from suffering the same fate as most of the employees here.
Pros
EMR system
Cons
Poor mgmt, poor pay and benefits, MD's with Draconian control
A good job
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 18, 2012
It is extremely difficult to get a job at Watson. You have to know someone on the inside, but beyond that, there is actually very little cronyism. Salaries are competitive and benefits are decent. A great place for students, they are generally good about encouraging growth and advancement. The hours are great since its an outpatient facility; virtually no nights or weekends, except in a select few departments (ie urgent care, lab)
I love working at Watson Clinic it was a great opportunity for me.
Medical Assistant / Laboratory / Float (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 14, 2015
I started working at Watson Clinic in 2000. I was hired as a Phlebotomist , which consisted of drawing blood , doing drug screens, checking patients PTINR levels , and checking patients glucose. Then I moved to the Bartow Watson Clinic where I worked in the laboratory where we learned how to do urine dip sticks , HCG test , strip test , and blood cultures. While working at Watson Clinic there was a lot of team work and professionalism and that is what I enjoyed about my job. The hardest part was not having the proper tools we needed at times to take care of our patients.
Pros
Wonderful place of employment to work.
Cons
Needing to have supplies sent to the clinic in a more sufficent time.

Comment – December 18, 2015

I appreciate you taking time to write a review of your work experience at Watson Clinic. I think that the ability to move around and learn new skills is so valuable to any employee. Not having proper tools to do your job however, not very good at all. I can assure you that we will continue to work on supplying our teams with the tools they need to do the best possible job at caring for our patients. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to work on things like this. It is always great to hear from former employees. Thank you, Chris Walsh HR Manager Watson Clinic

Excellent Company
Sr Patient Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland,FLJuly 8, 2015
Great Benefits
Room for Growth
Large Growing Company
Provides lots of training and cross training opportunities.
Holiday pay and discounts on medical care.
Benefits
Cons
Long Drive
customer service orientated
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 16, 2016
watson administration has a history of making poor decisions.they want to get patient started right away so they do not go to another facility.They have us jump through hoops to accomodate patients time request.
direct supervisor awesome
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 13, 2012
fun job, opportunity to come in contact with all kind of ppl. coworkers excellent, direct supervisor fantastic. always busy, but not confusing.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management not in touch with staff needs and daily issues, they make you feel like they don't trust you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watson Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Watson Clinic Reviews by Location