Watson Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

hard workers
great camaraderie
learned of logistics
Packaging Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 26, 2017
The culture of this company in Florida or Corona California is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. Employee recognition was a communication tool used to reinforce and rewards the most important outcomes that employees created for the company.
Good Management team
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 14, 2017
work life balance was good. management was supportive , lots of company recognition. excellent counterparts who were always supportive and ready to help
An overall lack of direction, good people mixes
Sr. System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 1, 2017
- AWS cloud and lot of scrums and JIRA ticket, scripting is horrendously (maybe not necessary) challenging because it has to be someone else's view. Code changes hourly, many versions kept, many versions of the software and many version of the build....etc. many of everyone's copy. little coordination: dev team members dictate what engineers can do or must do. lots of meeting to change dev team mind.
- Company is young and lack of adequate direction
- I like to learn new things and new ways of the cloud the security and the non-physical data center.
- I did not like that supervisor wants to do his scripting way but does not tell you it, until he did not like your way.
Pros
Learning that the cloud has its own challenge.
Cons
The cloud unknown is vast, but it'll be your fault when we get there!
Fun Team and great management
Systems Engineer Sr (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 1, 2017
I really thrived and enjoyed working at Watson. I started as a contractor and was able to work my way through various positions and teams as a full time employee, each with increasing role and responsibilities. My direct managers were all very positive and encourage growth. In the last few years upper management changed and our jobs were moved to Florida. I was offered a promotion to stay with the company but deferred that offer to stay in California. The Engineer team I was on was incredible and very conducive. We worked on projects that were exciting and challenging. We did AD integrations, Datacenter Migrations, Server Builds and Tier 3 Support for Windows Servers. All members were helpful and would share knowledge with the team. Probably one of the best Corporate Jobs I have been privileged to be a part of.
Pros
Great Project, Felt Valued, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
New Management was more interested in Stock Price then employee welfare
have not worked at for over 10 years
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2017
sorry I cant give much of a description...have not worked here for over 10 years. The good old days were lots of parties at the Nationals Sales Meeting.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of samples
Productive and Fun Workplace
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Typical day would consist of me tracking the budget for the third party vendor and to schedule audits to be completed both domestically and internationally.

I would provide an update the manager every week to show what money was already used and how much the budget was remaining for use of the third party vendor.
Managing Local IT Dept
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
• Managing local IT department handling user accounts on Novell 4.11 and Windows NT
• Provided both individual and group training presentations using PowerPoint
• Involved in the NT migration team with corporate
• Provide Technical Support (170 on-site users) and Remote Technical Support for Georgia Site (10 Users)
• Assisted in the Network Security Team, conducting system investigations
• Implementation of corporate policies and procedures
• Supervising in the Millennium System Validation Project
I loved my job here
Senior Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 16, 2017
This was the best job I have had. I loved my boss and my co-workers. This was a very rewarding job. I worked there for 11 years.
Nice and Quiet
Contracts and Pricing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Watson was a good place to work if u need great benefits and 401k. Management was young and learning when i worked there. They had a great compensation program for school.

They had respect for employees and listened well.
productive and challenging
quality assurance inspector/Documentation (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 10, 2016
A good working environment and very good company to develop your knowledge in pharmaceutical industry. I've develop and enhance my knowledge in quality assurance inspection and documentation.
Watson/Actavis is a company that is honest with high standards and integrity
Manager, Drug Safety (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 13, 2015
Overall, Watson/Actavis is a sound company to work for. Their mission/vision for the populous that the company served was something to be proud of. Also, the company provided growth and advancement for anyone who so desired. I started at Watson when the company employed less than 100 employees. I am pleased to say that I was part of and contributed to the growth for over 25 years. During my tenure at Watson, I learned and grew each year and gave 100% each and every day.

Working with end consumers, it is never a dull moment, however, each moment was always a learning experience for personal growth and development as well as enhancing the department/company's' brand.

I managed the Drug Safety Department with high emphasis on receipt and disposition of all incoming complaints; hiring and training of personnel, and meeting department/company goals for each year.
Pros
Career path for advancement
Cons
Location headquarters moved from Corona To NJ.
fun place
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 20, 2015
always need to pay attention to the paper work and look for errors, the co workers are nice people, the most enjoyable part is that this place is a clean place to work
Cons
short breaks
great place full of daily challenges , never doing this kind of work before I learn something new everyday which i like
packing (Former Employee) –  lincolnton ncSeptember 4, 2015
really like the job, benefits, and my supervisor but it could be managed a little better but I had hope so I stayed when they sold out to g&w labs but boy was that a mistake
Pros
friendly staff and coworkers
Cons
managament sucks
not a bad place
Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 24, 2015
Not a bad place for a job, it was a good start job while working towards other goals in life. wish the place took more pride in their people that worked for them
High Energy, productive with a great team!
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Loved this job! Very busy, fast paced enviornment, working with the best customer service team in the world! I learned something new every day and my manager and director always had time for the staff. The most difficult part of the job was the pace, however, working with wonderful co-workers who knew that getting the job done was worth it! Working in the pharmaceutical business and helping consumers and customers was the best part of the job. Knowing that you contributed in a way that made a difference in their day.
Pros
Good healthcare & prescription program; Health fairs & fun Christmas party!
Cons
Losing a job I loved because the company moved to NJ
Great support from employers and employees made it very easy to get up and go to work.
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 30, 2014
Constantly moving delivering personal confidental mail meeting deadlines on a daily basis.

I learned to be customer service to Internal and External workers be flexible and to manage my time in different day to day functions.

I learned to be a self starter and showing my co workers the in and outs of this work load.

Hardest part of my job is to manage the time spent on projects getting them done closing out reports at the end of the day.

Activities meeting new people everyday..
Pros
Everybody helpful and respectful and willing to give a hand when needed.
Cons
Not being able to stay longer.
Extremely interesting place to work with a different task everyday
Department Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2014
With my job covering the entire Quality department I get to interact with all the different sides of Quality. Fromt he making fo the drugs, to testing to documentation. The staff is culturally diverse coming from over 40 countries. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the setbacks. They seemed to hit the staff the hardest with moral.
Pros
Fun Environment with a culturally diverse team
Cons
Sometime it can be extremly stressful which brings out the worst in ppl
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 30, 2014
Great people. Great boss. Great location. Great friends. In n Out nearby.
Very poor leadership
Business Development Strategist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 13, 2014
The laboratory was run very poorly. The lab manager often seemed lost both from a business perspective and, quite literally, when walking through the lab. I am unsure he ever grasped 10% of what was going on. Coworkers are jovial and the work is straightforward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watson Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.