Watson Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews in United States

Watson/Actavis is a company that is honest with high standards and integrity
Manager, Drug Safety (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 13, 2015
Overall, Watson/Actavis is a sound company to work for. Their mission/vision for the populous that the company served was something to be proud of. Also, the company provided growth and advancement for anyone who so desired. I started at Watson when the company employed less than 100 employees. I am pleased to say that I was part of and contributed to the growth for over 25 years. During my tenure at Watson, I learned and grew each year and gave 100% each and every day.

Working with end consumers, it is never a dull moment, however, each moment was always a learning experience for personal growth and development as well as enhancing the department/company's' brand.

I managed the Drug Safety Department with high emphasis on receipt and disposition of all incoming complaints; hiring and training of personnel, and meeting department/company goals for each year.
Pros
Career path for advancement
Cons
Location headquarters moved from Corona To NJ.
productive and challenging
quality assurance inspector/Documentation (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 10, 2016
A good working environment and very good company to develop your knowledge in pharmaceutical industry. I've develop and enhance my knowledge in quality assurance inspection and documentation.
workers are great but the work is too repetitive
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Copiague, NYMay 31, 2012
Each day I was presented a daily activity list from my supervisor that needed completion before the end of the shift. The work was repetitive and boring at times but the co-workers are enjoyable as well as management.
Pros
benefits, job security
Cons
short breaks, tardiness implementation
fun place
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 20, 2015
always need to pay attention to the paper work and look for errors, the co workers are nice people, the most enjoyable part is that this place is a clean place to work
Cons
short breaks
Poor Culture
No Cohesive Culture among Management Team
High Internal Competition
Poor Launch Planning
Poor Change Management
Pros
average pay
Cons
culture
Fun place with a lot of freedom to grow
Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Large corporation.
UN type of place.
Room to grow and learn
Nice coworkers
Management was good
Good compensation
High Energy, productive with a great team!
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Loved this job! Very busy, fast paced enviornment, working with the best customer service team in the world! I learned something new every day and my manager and director always had time for the staff. The most difficult part of the job was the pace, however, working with wonderful co-workers who knew that getting the job done was worth it! Working in the pharmaceutical business and helping consumers and customers was the best part of the job. Knowing that you contributed in a way that made a difference in their day.
Pros
good healthcare & prescription program; health fairs & fun christmas party!
Cons
losing a job i loved because the company moved to nj
Great job with good benefits
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2012
Daily works includes dispatching for pharmacy and provide my service to any other areas when needed. I started out as a material handler 1 then learned other areas to become a material handler 2. I'm very easy to work with and a very fast learner. I always have faith in myself to learn new things fast and do it correctly. Im a team player and willing to work hard for a company to succeed.
Not much going during my time here
Package Handler, Assembler, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 9, 2014
typical day included counting blisters which were used in the assembly of blister packs for oral contraceptives, lot changes, and daily wet cleans. The employees were very nice and welcoming and a sense of family surrounded the workplace. Management was strict but did well to plan banquets and meetings for their employees.
not a bad place
Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 24, 2015
Not a bad place for a job, it was a good start job while working towards other goals in life. wish the place took more pride in their people that worked for them
Great support from employers and employees made it very easy to get up and go to work.
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 30, 2014
Constantly moving delivering personal confidental mail meeting deadlines on a daily basis.

I learned to be customer service to Internal and External workers be flexible and to manage my time in different day to day functions.

I learned to be a self starter and showing my co workers the in and outs of this work load.

Hardest part of my job is to manage the time spent on projects getting them done closing out reports at the end of the day.

Activities meeting new people everyday..
Pros
everybody helpful and respectful and willing to give a hand when needed.
Cons
not being able to stay longer.
Job Role - Validation Specialist
Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hal Far, MaltaJune 25, 2013
My role in the Pharmaceutical Industry of this World Wide Company involves conducting Process Validation / Optimisation campaigns on new transferred products, old products requiring re-validation and on current products which need a change in manufacture. I am also responsible for carrying out investigations on the process in a case that a problem arises. During such campaigns I am not only responsible for the issuing of documents but also for aiding and monitoring the process. I also prepare and revise Batch Manufacturing Records and I am a Change Control initiator. I have experience in issuing protocols, reports, CDRRs, events and investigation reports.
My Summary
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  CoronaMay 2, 2012
Getting The Job Done In A Timely Mannor,Working Well With My Co-Workers. Learn Different Aspects Of The Job All In A Days Work. Taking Good Directions From Management Following Thier Orders And Assigments.
Pros
getting the job
Cons
ways to improve the hardest part of the job
it was a great place to work, fun, challenging, and a ping-pong table
Warehouse Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 9, 2012
i loved working for Watson Pharma. It was a great work enviroment, co workers are freindly and the pay starts you off good as well as the benifits. If i had a second chance i would reapply.
Pros
bonus check
Watson is by far the best Pharma company to work for....
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 10, 2013
I love working for Watson. It had wonderful products, and a outstanding management team.
High stress with poor management
Supervisor, R&D Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2013
I would not return to work for this company. High Stress, long hours of un-paid overtime. Managers were very obvious in their favoritism of selected employees.
Extremely interesting place to work with a different task everyday
Department Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2014
With my job covering the entire Quality department I get to interact with all the different sides of Quality. Fromt he making fo the drugs, to testing to documentation. The staff is culturally diverse coming from over 40 countries. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the setbacks. They seemed to hit the staff the hardest with moral.
Pros
fun environment with a culturally diverse team
Cons
sometime it can be extremly stressful which brings out the worst in ppl
very successful pharmaceutical company
Sr. Chemist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Perform different analysis as per analytical procedure, documenting and reviewing data with accuracy and integrity.
Work with different investigations, finding the root cause, preventive actions and write reports. Works on change control for the analytical and standard operating procedures.
I have a good communication with my supervisor, challenge me with new tasks.
I have a good relations with my co-workers, help them if it needs.
If the equipment not ready for use, that could delay the analysis.
Finding the root cause for each investigation that assigned to me.
It was a great company to work for.
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2013
I had a good time working there. The people there more than willing to help when ever I got into a bind.
Pros
the management and hr depaetment was great.
Cons
i have no complaints.
Supervisor, Safety & Security
Supervisor, Safety and Health (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2012
Supervised the Security, OSHA Safety & Health programs for the Steris Laboratories location.
Pros
great management, training, environment.
Cons
company put up for sale.