Watts Water Technologies

Watts Water Technologies Employer Reviews

Non productive, high school place to work
Cell Operator (Current Employee), Franklin, NHNovember 7, 2014
This place is full of high school drama and cut throat people. Management lets the "students run the school". I would never recommend people to work here
Great place to get a start and gain experience not somewhere to stay
Order Picker (Former Employee), Kansas City MOOctober 16, 2014
Plenty opportunities to learn and take with you to a better company.
they only advance within family members
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Franklin, NHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: low paying jobs for hard labor
they do not try to advance the abilities of their employees. Instead of hiring more employees we are made to work too much overtime, leaving us with very little home life.
Good place to start career
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), 4700 Deramis Kansas City MissouriSeptember 10, 2014
Started as temp employee good place to advance. Family oriented, good benefits . Hardest part of job is hours
Watts
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Watts Water TechnologiesAugust 12, 2014
This is a company that takes good care of its employees. The balance between work and private life is very reasonable and the company really care about its employees.
Fast paced with a dynamic environment
Environmental, Health & Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Franklin, NHAugust 10, 2014
It is an ever changing environment. This company is great for people that love heavy manufacturing.
Good hours and pay, not a people place
Cell Operator (Former Employee), Franklin, NHJuly 21, 2014
This job provided great hours and decent pay as well as benefits. The people and management could be better.
Terrible Company
Material Handler (Water Spider) (Former Employee), Franklin, NHJune 25, 2014
Pros: steady work.
Cons: everything else.
I was a member of the management team at watts and they literally work you like a dog. They have ridiculous hourly targets that are almost impossible to hit ( especially after work 6 days a week 10 hours a day ) And when you do not hit those numbers you are ridiculed and yelled at. The management team is a bunch of guys from other companies that no longer needed the services of these lazy people. And you can move into lower management pretty quickly but better have friends in upper management if you want to ever move forward. And no matter what if something goes wrong even if you had nothing to remotely do with it it will be the next guy down the ladders fault. And I personally watched my supervisor make fun of a girl on another shift at our morning start up meeting. Not very professional if you ask me.
It's good if you need a job quick....not for Long-term.
CSR (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJune 9, 2014
Pros: employee barbecues, holiday activities
Cons: little pay; little value, huge workload w/ next to impossible work conditions
I'll give it to them. The people at this company are amazing....if they like you. If they dont' like you, they can be pretty vindictive. I just kinda steered clear of everyone. My work was never my home, and vice versa.

Pay, to start, is alright. It's better than nothing. But, about a year into your job, you start doing more work. Taking on more workload, spending more hours, and that MIGHT qualify you for a 2.5% raise. Trust me, the work you do is worth SO MUCH MORE than what you're being paid.

Work vs. Life balance is fine, to start. Once all of the workload got thrown onto you, they would call you in to work for any reason, during vacations, days off, etc. And you were expected to show up.

Your job will be secure. Meaning you'll never leave the position you're currently in. There is no opportunity for advancement that would call for an increase in pay grade. You should expect to take a "position advancement", requiring more work, but be prepared for the "...this will be a lateral position change..." speech.

If you really like the place, and want to continue working there, you may be able to tell them you're quitting for a higher rate, and they will counter to try to keep you (if they think your work is worth it). I chose not to, because if I have to make arrangements to change jobs just to get a raise, I do not want to be a part of that company. That's just terrible business practice.
Was a dependable job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Spindale, NCMay 13, 2014
• Management of accounts totaling $38,168,582.00 in annual sales
• Direct business relations and distribution of company literature to stimulate vendor interest.
• Liaison between sales representatives to ensure proper communications and vendor reporting practices.
• Provide switchboard operation for multiple line facility.
• Facilitate the accurate and timely writing, editing, and preparation of final copy from draft to distribution of spreadsheets documenting pricing, shipping, tracking and customer product information.
Watts Water Technologies, Watts Regulator, N. Andover, MA
Manager, Technical Service, Watts Regulator Co (Former Employee), Andover, MAMay 11, 2014
Pros: a very fast-paced, challenging and personally satisfying experience
Cons: perhaps an enhanced focus should be placed on cultivating career growth for long-term employees.
Watts Water Technologies is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Water Control products for Residential and Commercial Plumbing applications.The majority of Watts' product lines are sold through Wholesale distribution channels but they also have a variety of products tailored to residential use that are sold through Retailers such as Hardware, Discount Clubs and some of the better known Big-Box chains.

There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained while employed at Watts Water technologies. As the Manager, technical Support, I had the privilege of recruiting, training and managing a very capable staff of four local Technical Service Representatives. Their experience as licensed plumbers and contractors was easily leveraged to provide an outstanding level of Customer Service and product support. Our responsibilities also included tracking Quality related information coming to us through customer contact and relaying that information along to Product R&D and manufacturing Engineering groups, as well as our Regional / National Sales Managers and our International Technical Sales and Service Groups.

Senior Management maintains their focus on Corporate Financial and Operations functions and has been very active in Acquisition strategies and Worldwide growth.
We are family
Senior Lead Collector (Current Employee), North Andover, MAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: very lienient
Cons: healthcare
I truly love my job. Of course like anyone else there are days when you are overwhelmed. We are always here to pick each other up when the stormy days push us down.
it's just a place to work, don't consider long-term employment.
assembler (Current Employee), franklin, nhDecember 5, 2012
there's one lead person who is very insulting and abusive. watts is trying to be a world-class company but allows this behavior that disrupts the work environment. the lead knows she can get away with it and continues to verbally abuse employees on a daily basis. i just wish the company would rid this person and hire someone that will respect her or his fellow co-workers. this issue has been repeatedly reported to human resources, just wish the'd do something about her. there are other people out in the world who would do her job better and the right way, i'm sure.
Chew you up and spit you out
Finance (Former Employee), MAJune 5, 2012
Over the course of time i spent at Watts, i experienced a change of philosophy from somewhat caring about employees to not caring about employees at all. It is all about the bottom line, and it doesnt matter who is left in their wake.The pay increases are a joke, and dont even keep up with the cost of living increase. They layoff the people who do the work, while adding high paying executives. Find somewhere else to work!

August 17, 2012

Thank you for your comment, I don't want to work at a place like that...I already had a job like that. I worked at Sika Corp. in Grandview Mo. I worked there fo 11 years, the pay wasn't bad because we were Union employees...But when they brougt a new Vice President in from the main plant, it was like working in a prison camp the last 2 years I was there.... Couldn't have a drink of water or go to the restroom without puting a flag up on your machine, and you just hope someone sees it...The plant is air conditioned, but it breaks every year It is really cool in the bathroom, the breakroom and in the offices up front... The bathroom and the breakroom is on the same air conditioning unit as the front office...They have to keep the office people cool.... while we just sweat to death out in the plant !!!!! We were Union employees, the Union kept our pay good, but that was about it... I think the Union was more for the co. than the employees !!!! So I won't be aplying for a job at this co, thank you fro the heads up !!!

Punch Press Operator (Former Employee), Spindale, NCApril 4, 2012
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: hot and dirty environment
Enjoyed seeing all stages necessary to complete the product from beginning to end.