Waubonsee Community College Employee Reviews

Good work atmosphere, friendly co-workers, flexible hours
AHA CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at Waubonsee. I am able to pick my hours and my boss is very friendly and accommodating. Everyone works together as a team. This creates a very friendly work environment.
Cons
No benefits / part-time
Culture is fantastic
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 4, 2017
Culture at Waubonsee Community College is fantastic. Everyday was different and that was something I enjoy about this job. Lack of advancement and leadership.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Lack of advancement and leadership is poor
great staff, great students
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 15, 2017
Truly enjoyed working here. The culture of the facility is very accepting and diverse. The students really want to learn and succeed. I found this position very rewarding.
Great place to teach
Adjunct Faculty/Lead Didactic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILAugust 15, 2017
Waubonsee is a great place to be an adjunct instructor. If I leave it will be for a closer part time teaching job, nothing to do with Waubonsee itself.
My work experience
Certified GED Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2017
I enjoy working with helping young adult students to learn and develop new skills to receive there GED diploma. I also enjoy helping the students to understand that they are smart enough to receive there diploma in order to better themselves for more job opportunities.
Great place, great co-workers
FITNESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 6, 2017
Waubonsee Community College is a great place to work, You are surrounded by great students, faculty and the atmosphere is very supportive. I wished they had more full time positions but it is beyond their control.
Pros
Great people, discounted classes, relaxed passed but co-workers are very motivating
Cons
Full time openings are few and far between
Fun work place
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJuly 5, 2017
with the boss i have and the gaining of knowledge i am given this place is a great place to get your feet wet and advance your future with good pay and benefits
Workplace Culture
Online Spanish Adjunct (Spanish 101 and 202) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 23, 2017
The workplace culture here is awesome, everyone pitches in to make you have the greatest experience as an employee, always available to help and to respond questions in a short period of time. You feel welcomed and valued.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Part time
COPY CENTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMay 26, 2017
I loved working with Waubonsee. If my job was not contracted out I still would be working with them today. The staff and people working there are super friendly and it's a fun environment with the new students coming and going.
fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMay 8, 2017
I had this job in college best experience you can get when working in a professional environment great job for any college student with a strict schedule
Fun, fast paced, and positive environment to work
Assistant Cheerleading Coach (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILApril 5, 2017
Working with young college athletes is challenging but so rewarding. Everyone at Waubonsee works towards the common goal of bettering the student athlete and making it the best place to learn and be an athlete. My supervisors were great. They guided me when need be but also let me figure things out on my own and trusted me to get jobs done even though I was young and new. The hardest part of the job was being so close in age to the athletes. A lot of them didn't always see the need to treat me as an authority figure. What i enjoyed most was seeing the positive changes I could make in a students life, whether it was from coaching them in sports and helping them become a better athlete or helping them with school work, or being a listening ear when they needed one. Any student athlete would be lucky to attend Waubonsee Community College. I have never met a group of administrators and coaches who care more about their athletes than these people do. It was a wonderful place to get my first taste of working in the sports industry. I can't thank them enough.
Pros
flexible schedule, wonderful staff, positive environment
Cons
salary, room to grow
Good School
Business Club Vice President of Service (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 1, 2017
Enjoyed ever minute of my experice there the people were awesome and i liked hanging out with everyone quite a bit. and the food was always very good
Pros
Nice people
Cons
not so nice people
Community College in the western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Adj Instructor, Developmental Education (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Waubonsee Community College offers a top education to all students. It serves a diverse student population in the western suburbs. The student centered staff and faculty create richer college experience for its students.
I enjoyed working for a college
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Working for the college helped me to motivate and educate myself further. However making an advancement to full time was made impossible.
Working at Waubonsee Community College
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I have been working for Waubonsee Community College for three years and this is the first year that my courses were given to a full-time instructor. It devastated me because I absolutely love my job and the students at Waubonsee. There are few protections for adjunct instructors and that is the biggest drawback. We put in just as much time, if not more, than some of the full-time instructors, and care deeply for our students. I was not told my classes had been given to a full time instructor. I found out through email. I only knew one had been canceled. I thought this was handled quite unprofessionally.
Pros
Students are AMAZING
Cons
Fun, supportive place to work.
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I have recently started as an adjunct nursing instructor and am enjoying my position greatly. The administration at this college are easily approachable and down to earth.
Good Hands on Experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILOctober 19, 2016
I receive hands on experience in my field of work. Co-workers are passionate and will answer and teach you anything you don't understand. Great environment to work and gives me a lot of experience with camera operation and filming of productions.
Pros
Get work experience in my field
Cons
Time Management
great org
Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 6, 2016
Innovative, high quality institution with terrific job culture and devoted , stable board of trustees and leadership teams from president, vice presidents, deans, faculty and staff..
Good working
ACT Math and Science Preparation Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILAugust 29, 2016
Good working environment, very inclusive and organized, great work atmosphere, i have learned a lot, working with students is enjoyable
Very enjoy and professional place to work
Adjunct Anatomy / Physiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove IlDecember 16, 2015
A great place for adjuncts to work. The Deans and all adminstration people are very professional and helpful. The hardest part of a day is being limited to help students due to time restraints and getting them up to college level ability
Pros
Great rapport with administration
Cons
enough time to meet with each student