Waubonsie Valley High School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great job for learning teamwork and technical skills
Auditorium Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 21, 2015
My co-workers are what made this job so fantastic because they were easy to get along with and all of them were very skilled. Management was usually pretty good except when things went way off the rails. An average work day included preparing the auditorium for various school and local events. Often this job required strong communications skills because you are relaying complex technical instructions and interpreting what the customer wants in laymen's terms.
Pros
located at my highschool
Cons
no benefits
Teaching
Student Teaching (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Its an amazing place where you can experience different students and how to properly teach each student. Great work environment.
High School Coaching Job
Assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2012
I earned this job as a college freshman from my former high school lacrosse coach. He extended the offer in the fall of my freshman year and allowed me to have some freedom to teach the kids the game of lacrosse. This job was not through Waubonsie Valley, it was through the Waubonsie Valley Lacrosse club.
Pros
excellent teaching experience
Great volunteer opportunity
Volunteer - Band Boosters President (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 1, 2012
Oversees the many volunteer opportunities year from marching band season in the fall to the culminating Fine Arts Festival in the spring celebrating the end of the school year. Advocates for the importance of music in the school district.