Waukesha County Technical College Employee Reviews

Good institution providing working skills to all ages
Adjunct Instructor, Architecture and Construction (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 15, 2017
Class structure was interesting with both lab time and presentation lectures. Students were interested and most applied themselves throughout the semester.
Decent atmosphere but positions are lazy
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 2, 2017
The management of the college does a decent job but job advancement can get too political. Also there are multiple people doing the jobs that could be done by a single person. It's easy to get bored there.
Great place to work for
Student-Worker (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 25, 2017
Fun place to work at. Great experience especially as a student at WCTC. Great balance between personal life, professional life, and school life, met some great people and was very willing to work with my schedule so they were very flexible just do to the fact that I was a student worker.
great place to learn
Instructor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 16, 2017
I taught Adobe software at the Quadracci Printing and Graphics Center. They were extremely well organized, progressive, and open to new ideas. Would recommend to anyone in the field.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Learned the necessary skills to obtain my Class A CDL, as well as the techniques and procedures to enter the truck driving career field.
Student Truck Driver in Training (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Although my time spent at Waukesha County Technical College cannot be really considered employment, it's my understanding that I need to list my driving experience and hours related to operating combination vehicles.

Although not technically employed by WCTC, the course has given me a good understanding and proper training to begin an entry level career driving various combination vehicles.
Pros
Learning a new career, getting actual on the road driving experience, obtaining my Class A-CDL.
Cons
The course could have been longer, would have liked more hours of driving experience, more training in technical backing techniques.
Very professional
Childcare Provider/Co-op (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 14, 2016
The waukesha County technical college daycare is a very professional place to work. I did my student teaching here and the staff was very kind and informative.
Excellent Place to Better Yourself
Truck Driver Student (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 2, 2016
WCTC is a fantastic school to further your education and increase your skills. I attended their Truck Driving school to gain my CDL class A license and couldn't be happier with the instructors and program they offer.
great school
Student (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 1, 2016
Loved my instructors. Had great times while training for my CDL. I would recommend the program to anyone. I am excited I made the right decision to go to wctc.
Good job to have while going to school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 8, 2016
This is a great job for any student. Having a job on campus is very convenient and helps you learn more about the college. My typical day consists of answering the phone and working the cash register. You are able to work on your homework during the school year when there is down time but our number one priority is the customers.
Excellent
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 29, 2016
It is very satisfying to work part time here as it offers lot of fexibility, pays well and work environment is excellent.
Fun and productive place to work
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot from working here. Gained a lot of experience and worked with good people. The management was great. Very understanding with workers schedules.
Great place
Microbiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 15, 2016
Great place to work. I don't have any benefits because I work part-time but I know the school has a good compensation/benefit package for those who are full-time.
Productive work place with many student interactions
Shipping and Receiving/Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Receive books and place them on store shelves based on course number and deal with the problems and questions of students.
Learned how to work with college students and help them solve their problems and guide them with their course work.
Pros
A lot of social interaction
Cons
Sometimes have disgruntled customers
productive place to work and very good students
Medical Terminology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 16, 2015
The students are very respectful, with a high desire to learn. The class rooms are very well equipped with technology to facilitate the education and learning progress. The interaction among instructors is excellent. Professionalism is maintained at all time.
Student Worker Registration Department (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work. Many great people to work with. I was able to set my own hours. I had my own work space. I was not under any time deadline for the work I was doing.
Pros
Nice, comfortable work environment
Cons
Could not get permanent employment. No growth opportunities
Great People
Assessment Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee,WIJuly 16, 2015
This was an amazing place to work. The people are amazing they are always bright and helpful. They will work with you on your schedule.
A great place to work, share my skills and learn
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 1, 2015
I work part time hours for the college managing kitchen operations at the Waukesha campus as well as teaching non credit culinary courses. I am currently working with a new Coordinator to expand and grow the department. The atmosphere is very professional and the management and other coworkers are very pleasant to be with and work hard as a team. Coordinating the multitude of instructors and helping them meet deadlines is probably the hardest part of what I do but it is all worth it when I get into the classroom with the students. I love meeting new people.
Pros
A lot of room for creativity!
Cons
Only part time hours are available.
Great Environment
Academic Advisor Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 26, 2015
WCTC in Pewaukee Wi is such a great campus with wonderful staff members. Even without any experience they are really great at teaching you the needed skills in order to be successful on the job and everyone is so friendly.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Very Quiet
Incredible teachres and students, a team working for every student's success
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 31, 2015
I worked as a School Appointed Peer Tutor. I often confer with instructors regarding assignments, and expectations. As a full time student myself, the flexible hours and pay grade are excellent.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not full time
Great co-workers and educational experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Being an alumni of WCTC and now an instructor has been very rewarding. This has allowed me to give back to the future dental career seeking students, as WCTC has given me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waukesha County Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3