Waukesha County Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

great school
Student (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 1, 2016
Loved my instructors. Had great times while training for my CDL. I would recommend the program to anyone. I am excited I made the right decision to go to wctc.
Good job to have while going to school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 8, 2016
This is a great job for any student. Having a job on campus is very convenient and helps you learn more about the college. My typical day consists of answering the phone and working the cash register. You are able to work on your homework during the school year when there is down time but our number one priority is the customers.
Excellent
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 29, 2016
It is very satisfying to work part time here as it offers lot of fexibility, pays well and work environment is excellent.
Fun and productive place to work
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot from working here. Gained a lot of experience and worked with good people. The management was great. Very understanding with workers schedules.
Great place
Microbiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 15, 2016
Great place to work. I don't have any benefits because I work part-time but I know the school has a good compensation/benefit package for those who are full-time.
Productive work place with many student interactions
Shipping and Receiving/Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Receive books and place them on store shelves based on course number and deal with the problems and questions of students.
Learned how to work with college students and help them solve their problems and guide them with their course work.
Pros
A lot of social interaction
Cons
Sometimes have disgruntled customers
productive place to work and very good students
Medical Terminology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 16, 2015
The students are very respectful, with a high desire to learn. The class rooms are very well equipped with technology to facilitate the education and learning progress. The interaction among instructors is excellent. Professionalism is maintained at all time.
Student Worker Registration Department (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work. Many great people to work with. I was able to set my own hours. I had my own work space. I was not under any time deadline for the work I was doing.
Pros
Nice, comfortable work environment
Cons
Could not get permanent employment. No growth opportunities
Great People
Assessment Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee,WIJuly 16, 2015
This was an amazing place to work. The people are amazing they are always bright and helpful. They will work with you on your schedule.
A great place to work, share my skills and learn
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 1, 2015
I work part time hours for the college managing kitchen operations at the Waukesha campus as well as teaching non credit culinary courses. I am currently working with a new Coordinator to expand and grow the department. The atmosphere is very professional and the management and other coworkers are very pleasant to be with and work hard as a team. Coordinating the multitude of instructors and helping them meet deadlines is probably the hardest part of what I do but it is all worth it when I get into the classroom with the students. I love meeting new people.
Pros
A lot of room for creativity!
Cons
Only part time hours are available.
Great Environment
Academic Advisor Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 26, 2015
WCTC in Pewaukee Wi is such a great campus with wonderful staff members. Even without any experience they are really great at teaching you the needed skills in order to be successful on the job and everyone is so friendly.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Very Quiet
Incredible teachres and students, a team working for every student's success
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 31, 2015
I worked as a School Appointed Peer Tutor. I often confer with instructors regarding assignments, and expectations. As a full time student myself, the flexible hours and pay grade are excellent.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not full time
Great co-workers and educational experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Being an alumni of WCTC and now an instructor has been very rewarding. This has allowed me to give back to the future dental career seeking students, as WCTC has given me.
Truthfully A+
Academic Advising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2015
WCTC commitment towards students is inspiring and progressive. They are constantly working to figure out the very best experience their students can have and my daily typical work day involves being meticulous, helpful, and organized for our students. The staff is very friendly and outgoing and I find each of their advisors to have a true heart for what they do.
Terrible Experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Waukesha County Technical CollegeNovember 27, 2014
Attendance policy needs to be looked at for legal, ethical and financial problems that are effected by dropped (forced) classes. If you are a student and you are running late for a class, 3 times in a semester, your instructor is allowed to drop you no matter how far you are into the semester. That policy sucks and could cause a snowball effect of problems. Too much for adults.

I will take my Veteran benefits to another college. I have also been on the deans list in the spring semester of 2013 in Lake county College, Grayslake ,Illinois. I write this why?..... so you may see that the schools policy affect all levels of students affairs.
Pros
no pro's that other colleges dont provide a student with
Cons
policies
n/a
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 21, 2014
good company to work for. the college is very student focused like they say.
good place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 15, 2014
this was a good place to work with good people.

learned about prioritizing my work and completing tasks on time
Student Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 21, 2014
I love the people I work with and the students I meet.
The wonderful thing about working here is participating in committees, professional development and more.
Pros
college courses available for employees.
Cons
politics
Want a Controlling Work Environment with No Advancement?
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 23, 2013
If you work in a support role, you can forget about advancement. Management minimizes your work experience and education.

The college is becoming top heavy with management making big bucks! NOT good stewardess of the tax payer's money, either!

The education, though, is top notch. If they would get rid of current management or teach them how to be supportive and help their employees grow instead of keeping them where they are, the work environment would be a better place. After all... isn't that what the college is all about? Unfortunately, they don't do it with their own staff.
Pros
good education
Cons
management is not supportive and does not allow for advancement.
A nice setting to work in
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you could see the students really starting to "Get It".

4.5