WAUSAU Financial Systems

WAUSAU Financial Systems Employee Reviews

good
Outsourcing Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 4, 2015
I love working and always held a job since I was 16. I am a single mother and a hard worker. When I have a job, I always take it seriously, and try to put my best foot forward. I always been a hard worker and will always be a hard worker. I adjust well in any situation. I would be honored to work anywhere that appreciates me as much as I appreciates them.
Excellent benefits, best of breed prodcuts, top of line travel accomadations
Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Mosinee, WIJuly 20, 2014
A typical day work would be prospect for new clients while supporting existing client’s needs. Cross selling and looking for new opportunities with the current customer base important. There was a significant amount of travel followed by comprehensive presentation to decision makers.
I learned about Item Processing, fascinating technology. I also learned the Micro Soft CRM system, which is complex. I working with C-Level Executive at major corporations and learned how to speak effectively in this pressure environment.
My direct Manager was excellent and supportive. Wausau Financial Systems had small sales force so you needed to work independently. The training was brief but if I needed help management I received it.
Other than my direct manager I did not interact with co-workers with the exception of Companywide meetings.
The hardest part of the job was the travel required. I was in charge of a large territory due to the type of product Wausau sold. This required visiting a different City at least once per week and usually twice per week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the salary, travel accommodations and professionalism. The product technology was interesting and I enjoyed the challenge. I also enjoyed working the existing clients and prospecting for new clients.
Pros
first class treatment all around
Cons
travel requirement, deal size
Professional and Innovative Company
Payments Application Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Mosinee WIAugust 12, 2013
Typical day at work usually involved working with Project Managers to assign the appropriate resources & dates for a given project. I would review the order and based on the complexity of the project, determine the appropriate resources and project plan timelines and then work with the Project Manager on that plan. I would also be the point of contact for escalations from Project Managers, Account Support Managers as well as working with customer directly on concerns or issues they feel are not getting resolved by the support team on a timely basis. I was also a people leader so I would need to address concerns with any given direct report as needed. I was the stakeholder for the Support & Installation department on any new product releases. I worked very closely with the other departments (development, solution education, QA, etc.) to be sure that the project/release was on target, tasks were completed, milestones were being met and identifying risks and discussing them with the other ATERN stakeholders.

What I learned from working at Wausau Financial Systems is they are a growing company with a lot of innovative ideas. WFS offers great benefits, flexibility and job advancement. I enjoyed working at WFS for 13 years and when my position was eliminated in July of 2013, I was still asked by HR to keep looking in the future for open positions. Great company to work for.

As a manager I learned that you need to be a people person, able to adapt to each individual personality and work style. You need to be able to be well organized and be able to multi-task. You need to work with
  more... your direct reports on a learning plan, setting goals with them and touching base with them one on one once a week at a minimum. You need to be able to work with other departments from entry level associates to senior management.

The hardest part of my job was having to let associates go due to positions being eliminated or performance issues.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the Project Managers to determine project plans for any given project and determining the appropriate associates based on their skillsets and schedule availability. I enjoyed working on the new releases as the Installation & Support stakeholder for the new releases, working with each department with my project plan to their project plan and determine milestone states, contingency plans, risks.
Pros
flexibility, casual work environment
Cons
job promotion availability
Productive yet enjoyable atmosphere to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 6, 2013
What a great place to work at. Co-workers are awesome, work hours are flexible, relaxing, and a great team work.
Traveled for Y2K
Upgrade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau WIDecember 21, 2012
This was a great place, travled for Y2K did alot of taveling around the US updated bank computer to be compliant
Pros
great perduim
Cons
travel

4.7