Wave Broadband Employee Reviews

Bad environment
TSR (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 28, 2017
You are a robot they do not care about their employees at all. There is no team! They have high turnover because they can't keep good employees because they don't care about their employees you are nothing to them
Benefits
Cons
The worst job ever
Bad management
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tukwilla SeattleSeptember 28, 2017
4 years working, only 50 cent raised! This company only wants to take advantage employee in a bad way! Never praise them from all the things that they have been done.
Split dayoff???? Wednesday and Sunday???? Always sacrifice employee for the profit!
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Will make you work like a horse and no raise....!
Just a job, no major career moves here.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 24, 2017
This place is outright horrible. There is no type of training documentation. Your first day they will pressure you to login the phones and take calls without knowing how their systems work( they will explain it "on the fly"). You will receive hand-me-down training every once in awhile or when the lead technicians are in for that day. Weak management little to no interaction with technicians( interactions are more personal then business). Work schedule is also a nightmare, 13 hour shifts with odd off days(lucky to get to consecutive days off). They will try to impress you with free snacks and soda. Disconsolate looks in employees faces. The tools and applications that are used for my day-to-day are very poor. Most of their equipment breaks on a weekly basis causing technicians to work twice as hard, as if we are not working hard enough. If you are married or have a girlfriend or have a family be prepared to neglect them. If you are wondering how this company is hiring, they want the desperate people with little to no lives and that don't mind working for a little over MINIMUM WAGE(but the work load can turn intermediate) basically your not being paid enough for what they expect for you to do. The parking availability here is also unacceptable, I hope you don't have a nice car because once you leave their parking lot you will have all types of dings and dents in your doors parking spaces aren't big enough and other employees just don't know how to freaking park their car and on top of that you need to have a permit visible so that you won't receive a $75 ticket.. majority  more... of the staff that is on the 5th floor looks down upon other employees. I am currently looking for a better career move and only have been employed with Wave for a month. At the time I signed those papers I wish I was a little more reluctant. Don't be fooled by the slick-talk they will try at your interview. No matter how educated you are they will definitely try to lowball you and use the excuse of you not knowing their systems.  less
Pros
coworkers because they feel the same way you do.
Cons
parking, pay, training, hours....
Ugly place to work.
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Moutain ViewJuly 22, 2017
Untrained, Unprofessional, Lack of Communication from NOC manager. Lack of good traing and uncontrolled outburst from management has caused PARANOIA to set in.
Pros
Cons
Manipulative, Judgemental, Playing games
Workplace has lots of stress
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 10, 2017
Wave is a small ISP company where you can learn different vendor's device inter operation. I have learned some basics of networking but it's difficult to advance in career. Poor documentation and employee handling.
Pros
Chance to learn and flexible work hrs
Cons
Unpaid night work, difficult to advance, promotion is based on relationship to the boss not on experience.
All positions are under paid
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 1, 2017
It does not pay as well as other companies with similar jobs, and if you are female you will be sexually harassed by the male management. Also the call center is over crowded, very hard to get remote status, and you are lucky if you find parking, most parking spots have disappeared due to construction happening around the building.
Little opportunity for advancement.
Telephone Operations (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 28, 2017
Even earning coveted promotions to other teams, jobs were not considered advancement, and thus nearly every role from entry-level customer service or technical support, to NOC engineering, to IT jobs compensated the same. Pay was comparable to other call centers, however there was an incredibly low pay ceiling compared to similar jobs available elsewhere.
Stat based, low customer satisfaction rate.
Technical Support II (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 8, 2017
40+ calls a day while driving to have less than 4 min of talk time per call. No way to get issues fixed properly in 4 min so there were lots of callbacks from the customers to get their issues resolved.
Pros
Multiple shifts to work on.
Cons
Lots of stress, tech support pushed into sales.
All these jobs have moved to WA.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 7, 2017
I worked at the only location in CA to have on-site tech support staff. Since I've left this has changed and all tech support staff now work at HQ in Seattle. If you work up there, face-to-face, things might not be so bad.
Fun - Self Disciplined
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMay 20, 2017
It s a great job to learn about yourself in sales to see if you tuely have it. The life of a Sweeper, you knock on many doors a day to survive and your goal is to work your way up to a territorial position where the money is at. Work hard and listen to the top reps on how to succeed.
Pros
Freedom - Positive and can be negative
Cons
Using your own car.
management is very demanding
Installer (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAApril 26, 2017
Management doesn't support the employs and likes to blame people for their lack of training. THe money is awful for the hours worked and the only thing that is good is the people
Could have been better
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 23, 2017
The culrture there was actually pretty cool, I liked the people. The work wasn't really too difficult, but it was hard to have an elderly person on the phone crying that they couldn't pay their bill and the tv was their only source of companionship. That didn't happen too often but when it did it was soul crushing.

The hardest part of the job I'd say was technical issues, I had rough time with my computer for the first month I was there. Unfortunately I became very ill, and missed a few weeks of work. I did my best to keep my lead and the floor managers up to date with what I was hearing from doctors. I even brought in a note so they'd know for sure I wasn't making any of it up. But when they said that the letter was too vague and that I would need to wait to go to the bathroom and then report when I got back so they could be certain I wasn't abusing the privilege...that was the beginning of the end.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with coworkers, and most customers.
Pros
free stuff some times, cool coworkers
Cons
Not working with me with my new illness.
Inclusive small company feel
IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER - Billing (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 13, 2017
I worked as an implementation manager. I enjoyed that the teams were small, and it was easy to talk to VPs as well as middle management. Start up company feel. They can improve on their compensation. Really enjoyed the culture.
Would not recomend
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 31, 2017
Would not recommend, pressured to be unethical. Not accommodating to family or personal life. Boring work, that was not challenging, pressured to be dishonest with customers.
Great culture
GEMS Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2017
WAVE is a great place to work. Care about the customer, and the employees. Growing and upgrading to stay in front of technology. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Excellent company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 7, 2017
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Wave. I resigned my position there to take another position and I am regretting that decision to this day.
Wave management is very open and easy to communicate with. As I said, excelent company and I am actually in the process of returning to work there.
Pros
Management, environment, benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2017
handle calls from customers with issues with the cable service and also take payments and upgrades plans .gave excellent customer service
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
nothing
if you can take getting screwed around, this is the place for you
BB Tech (Current Employee) –  La Conner, WAFebruary 26, 2017
Were do i start...
some of the broadband techs and system techs are great guys to work with but often you will find yourself cleaning up crumby work that the tech did before you. Most of the work you do in a day is trouble calls because the guy that was there before you was lazy and just wanted to leave. The system they use for routing is horrible if you're a home-start tech. on average you find yourself driving 40 mins to a job that you are not being paid for. Plus the hour or more drive home. That's 10 hours of O.T. Then you have the supervisors. in my area we have weekly meeting and most of the time your supervisor is shutting down everything your trying to talk to them about as if you are nothing to them. Great job for being a puppet.
Pros
hour lunch, health benefits
Cons
techs, csg, supervisors
Freedom and control over my territory
Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La Conner, WAJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work.Everyone is very helpful.Wave has many resources to use to do the job. The training is very "hands on". At Wave ,understanding the whole process is vitally important. I have a firm grasp of how the technology works and how it is implemented to the end user. I would very much recommend working for Wave
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
They need more automation. An improvement in efficiency would certainly result
Just a job
Permit Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2016
No training upfront sets up a rough first stint before experience begins to lend a hand. HQ has free soda and employee lounges. Decent compensation, could be much better, especially for those who add much value to company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wave Broadband. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8