Wave Transit Employee Reviews

Nice work place
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 2, 2017
Loved my time there. Loved working with people on a daily basis. Enjoyed working with the elderly and helping them. Also loved when the young adults tell me I was the best driver.
Great
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 4, 2017
I loved working with wave nice place and company to work for very caring respectful understanding great pay customers are responsible I will work for them again
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Lunch
Overworked
Fixed Route Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Was used constantly to cover shifts that senior drivers refused to work. Couldn't never have a day off without your phone ringing. When you're part time you were forced to work due to being at the bottom of the totem pole. Equipment is constantly breaks down at the Wilmington NC facility
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Unsafe work practices expected. Broken and unsafe shop equipment.
Bus Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2017
Shop equipment broken and still expected to use it. Employees from different shift consider themselves better than the other. Management takes money for classes from employees and the employee never gets the classroom material or his money back. Company can't pay their bills. Nice building . Management above shop make way too much for what they don't ,can't and will not do. PLEASE RECONSIDER IF CONSIDERING. THEY MAKE PROMISES THAT THE UNION DOES NOT SUPPORT!!!!!!!!
Pros
Nice Shop
Cons
Shop equipment and tooling worn out and broken UNSAFE
Great Employees
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in at 5am and pre-tripping the bus before leaving the yard. Making sure the tires are not flat and checking the mileage and the cleanliness of the vehicle. If any problems write them on the pre-trip sheet and head out to starting point before 6am. Co-workers don't really talk to them much unless we have a break in between runs and early in the morning when the first shift comes in. The day is so busy you don't have much time to chat. Asking for time over the radio and speaking in a professional tone when need help. The most enjoyable part of the day is 1pm when it is time to get off. Especially being 95% of the buses do not have A/C.
Pros
Getting Overtime if it is offered
Cons
No lunch break, you have to eat when you have time or on the go, No A/C on buses
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 21, 2012
Accounting department is very fast pace and detailed. Must be able to cross train as well as work on daily weekly and monthly reports.
Must be able to be a team player.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
would like to have a merit increase
productive, no opportunity for advancement
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 9, 2012
cut checks daily to vendors, I gained more accounting experience by assisting with accruals, reversals and assisting with month end and year end close out. Just as I am, my co-workers were team oriented. There weren't any hard parts of the job to me, simply because I like being challenged. Most of my job duties were routine. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself. I loved my position and I got satifaction from it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no room for advancement