Wawa, Inc.

Wawa, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with minimal communication
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lionville, PAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches and fun workplace
Cons: lack of communication
Each day depended on wether I was in deli or on register. As a shift manager, I had to reconcile the cash safe before and after each shift; as well as, manage associates, food preparation and cycle counts. When scheduled to work in the deli, I recorded and scanned out daily shrink, keep accurate temperature logs and maintain proper food production and sanitation. I learned a lot throughout the four years I was employed at Wawa. I learned how to perform accurate cycle counts, SAP software, food sanitation, management and so much more. I started my career in the food service industry working for wawa and it was enjoyable throughout the years of employment. The hardest part of my job was learning how to become a better manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people around me that provided me with so much information and knowledge that I have been able to carry with me as I advanced.
A very repetitive job that can be easy once you master the routine.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Time moves fast if your store is busy
Cons: low pay, your "team" isn't always a team
Management can be helpful or they can be your worst enemy, as well as the employees. Some people will always be condescending, and that's just life, but it doesn't make your job any easier. Like I said, the job can become very simple once you know what to do. The company asks a lot from their employees for such low pay. Come early, stay late, work faster for what? Maybe "Goosebumps" if you're even that lucky. Will not pay the bills.
Overall was not a terrible job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJMarch 21, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, starting pay is decent
Cons: can be very stressful, managers treat you like peasants
In the start of my six years at Wawa, it went well. That quickly changed, however. As I expect in many jobs, Wawa managers did what they wanted and asserted their dominance. They altered with your schedule if you did something they did not like or something wrong. They often scheduled you wrong shifts without contacting you first. However, Wawa is normally really good with scheduling. If you need certain days off they normally will not ask but will try to convince you to do otherwise if it is not an important reason in their eyes. They will also find any small reason to get rid of you if need be. With that said, I was let go because I forgot to stock a condiment rack. But I guess that is business.
Aside from the management, a normal day at Wawa would consist of making orders for customers and/or using the register. There is also gas attendants, however, I never did that. While not making orders or ringing people up at the register, you were to clean. stock, face products, and do anything else the manager on duty needed. There was always help of the other co workers when needed. While some are weaker than others at the job, there was always someone there. Wawa is just too busy of a place to be working alone.
The hardest part of the job was handling the stress. Since it was my first job, I was not used to handling so much stress because it was such a busy place.On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job were the co workers. You often times became really close to some of them. I assume it is like any other job, but it almost became a family of sort. If you needed a ride – more... home or into work, someone was able to do so. Simple things like that made the job some what enjoyable at times.
Overall it was a very busy environment and was ultimately became too much for me. I would recommend this job to people who really need a job. Their pay is decent for a simple job like that. However, be ready for a busy time, especially inside.Also be prepared for management to do whatever they please. – less
Very busy days start to finish.
WAWA Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Levittown, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: very fast paced and lots of learning potential.
Cons: finding out that the chain of command is not as it shoulod be when needed.
It if a very fast paced company with new things to learn at all times. It does have a problem when it comes to listening to persons with children under a certain age group.The customers become fast friends and you get to know them by name and everyday purchases.
Good place for high school and college students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thorndale, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: built great relationships
Cons: no work-life balance; pulled tons of ot for extra cash
Good place for high school and college students. That's it.
A customer service job with a high volume of customers and high standards
Fuel Attendant, Shift Manager (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJJune 21, 2013
I was a team leader in opening this new Super Wawa (gas station/dairy/deli/convenience store). With my previous experience at Wawa I was hired to help train and lead the fuel team. In our first week we led the company in gallons of fuel sold per store and maintained this high standard of business and customer service. I took personal pride in this job, and my team and I were frequently complimented by customers, manages and associates from neighboring stores. However, due to the high customer volume and store organization, communication between associates and management was often lacking, and ultimately the store suffered for it. I left the company due to this problem.
Management Top-Heavy Company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), PAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: job security (low turnover rate)
Cons: company is too management top-heavy, easier to obtain higher level positions from outside the company than with promotion from within.
Typical non-stable retail schedule. Fast-paced customer service. Not enough focus on the company's supposed "core values". Too much concern for the bottom line. Great customers and good co-workers.
wawa is a good place to advance your career in. You work very hard and long hours. You don't get much time with your family or friends. You work long
Inventory Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), North Wales, PAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: discount on food while working
Cons: always stressed out
Wawa takes very good care of you with the benefits and bonuses as a manager. The hours working for wawa is horrible. You never have time for your family. My position was all nights amd every weekend. It wasn't like that when I started that position. I was a local community cheer coach and Wawa gave me problems with it because I wasn't being dedicated to my job, as so they said. You have your good and bad with this company.