Wawa Inc

Wawa Inc United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work great benefits
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Wawa, PAApril 8, 2015
Employee profit sharing is an excellent benefit. Good opportunity for anyone interested in the food industry. Great fringe benefits good environment to work in.
Focused, Productive, Fun environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Medford, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: 401k, tuition reimbursement
Cons: Healthcare
Great place to work if you love customer service. You meet many new people and work with many different personalities. Wawa is very diverse and it is a pleasure working for them. The hardest part of the job is the changes we are faced with on a daily basis, but it is also an enjoyable part of the job. I welcome change, but it is also hard to commit to the changes. I've learned what it means to be a team. The co-workers and managers create a fun loving experience for each other and the customers.
Great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Township of Howell, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: stock options for employees
Cons: no breaks and limited room for advancement
The best part of working for this company is the learning experience. I learned:
Ordering
Training and managing others
Safety operations of equipment
Fun Employees
Fresh Food Manager (Current Employee), Media, PAMarch 9, 2015
I was a Manager there for less than a year, but with in that time, I really did enjoy job. The only down fall of the establishments' upper management. A lot of it is ran by politics and it is all about who you know.
Great Company, Great Values, Depends on the store if they're truly followed
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Casselberry/Winter Park FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: discounts, hardly slow, pay depending on where you live
Cons: worker relations, management
The company is great. I worked for them in Delaware and then again in Pennsylvania and now that I'm working for them in Florida, its nothing compared to up north. My hours have been cut for a month for no reason. Mind you I only have two days in which I am not available due to school and the rest of my schedule is open. The disappointing part is that co workers who do not show up without even calling, been caught stealing food and drinks multiple times now, and are very inappropriate (yelling and cursing at other co workers across the store in front of customers and threatening to fire people when they do not even have the authority to) still have their jobs and get more hours than me. I work hard and do my best every time I come to work. I automatically got a raise without even getting a review because I work hard. I have never had these types of problems at the stores up north. Some of my co workers I do care about very much, but at the end of the day I am the one that has to pay my bills.
Maybe some of the other stores in Florida are better, I dont know but it really depends on the store whether or not you truly get the amazing Wawa experience and quite frankly I am disappointed by the stores in the Central Florida area. Management down here needs to step up and crack down and realize the workers who deserve better. And stop allowing other employees to disrespect their coworkers and the company
I Loved this job
Shift Manager & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Boothwyn, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great pay great people and a experience you won't forget.
Cons: no breaks and as a csa you have a cap on pay.
Dealing with a various group of customers is the plus side. The work load is manageable and it's easy. As long as you want to advance you can reach the top here.
Wawa
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roslyn, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to work, Nice people, Clean environment, and good pay. They gave benefits to those who worked more than 40 hours but I never got scheduled for more than 30
fun
sales representative (Former Employee), richmond, vaFebruary 21, 2015
very nice people and fun, this was my first job ever and i really enjoyed myself and recommend this job to anyone! The thing about this job i like, the managers were understanding.
It was something
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Old Bridge, NJFebruary 13, 2015
It was a good job but not a career.
I worked overnights. I did cleaning and helped prep for the next service day. I learned to pump gas . It was a good while going to school.
A culture based workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 12, 2015
I cannot stress enough how wonderful it was to work for Wawa. Everyone treated each other as a family and we always found a way to help out our costumers and give them the best customer service possible. The goal was, to make that costumer feel special!
upscale convenience store
INVENTORY MERCHANDISE MANAGER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2015
No Clear direction to management communication. Eager and willing, but under rewarded staff. Non complete training, often trial by fire situations.
Steady company to work for
Senior Vendor Management Coordinator (Former Employee), 1408 W. Baltimore PikeFebruary 9, 2015
Emailing
Processing vendor bills
Processing vendor contracts
Managers were top notch
Co-workers were like family
Hardest part of job was the ever changing technology
Most enjoyable part was seeing things through to the end
Fun working environment and delightful co-workers
Deli/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Richwood, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Get to work on time. Clock in and get situated find out from management what position i was most needed. Start my day at register or in the deli. I was a customer service associate. I loved greeting my customers and wishing them a good day regardless of where i was in the store. My favorite part of my job was who i worked with and my regular customers. The hardest part of my job was taking lead in the deli and essentially running things during the busiest hours in the morning and lunch. I learned the basics of food handling procedures and temps, learned how to operate some equipment and clean them as well. Learned food safety. Management was pretty nice.
team work made it easier to succeed.
Manager (Former Employee), Wawa, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: we all seemed to manage reasonable breaks
Cons: sometimes sick call outs made it a challenge
dealt with a lot of cash flow. you have to have a good team to produce. sometimes it would be long hours but the people around me supported that. loved when I saw smiles on my employees and customers
this is dumb
customer service, food preparation, (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 27, 2015
i cant believe i have to do this for every job i put down this website is terrible and makes you go through so much extra nonsense
alright sometimes
Counter person (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 26, 2015
typical day is dealing with people 24 7
i didnt learn a lot
management wasn't the best
co workers were rude to one another
hardest part was to act OK when things weren't
most enjoyable was leaving cause i didnt have to deal with the harrasment
Awesome
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FLDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at work is chaotic. I enjoy going to work everyday. For me a typical day at work mean I'll be a cashier one minute and making food another minute. overall is a great company to work for highly recommended.
good job and great co workers
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Reading PADecember 19, 2014
cashier
make food to customers order
stock the store
I learned about team work and how it makes everything continue smoothly.
Fast paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, PADecember 6, 2014
Pros: great employees
Plenty of different work to be done, a lot of customer service. Hardest part of the job was working with rude customers. It was fast paced, fun, and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to develop relationships with the customers. The management was professional, and I learned a lot from everyone that worked there.
Was fun at this location.
Fuel Associate - Pumping gas, cashier, and porter (Former Employee), Leonardo, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: was good with all co-workers.
Cons: no lunch breaks.
same as usual everyday. learned that even management didnt know as much as i did at times. co-workers were awesome. hardest part was that we had to eat our lunch while working which was horrible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wawa Inc

Wawa, Inc., a privately held company, traces its roots back to 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Owner George Wood started – Read more

Wawa Inc Salaries