Wawa Inc

Wawa Inc Employer Reviews

good job and great co workers
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Reading PADecember 19, 2014
cashier
make food to customers order
stock the store
I learned about team work and how it makes everything continue smoothly.
Fast paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, PADecember 6, 2014
Pros: great employees
Plenty of different work to be done, a lot of customer service. Hardest part of the job was working with rude customers. It was fast paced, fun, and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to develop relationships with the customers. The management was professional, and I learned a lot from everyone that worked there.
Was fun at this location.
Fuel Associate - Pumping gas, cashier, and porter (Former Employee), Leonardo, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: was good with all co-workers.
Cons: no lunch breaks.
same as usual everyday. learned that even management didnt know as much as i did at times. co-workers were awesome. hardest part was that we had to eat our lunch while working which was horrible.
Great working place..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henrico, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: money, co-workers, friendly environment
Cons: hours
I loved working at Wawa! My Co-workers made it awesome. The Pay was okay... They Started out at 9.50 which is better then most companies!! Its a good job to grow in if your willing to put in the time!
This job is good for someone that is flexible.
Customer Service Shift Manager (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJOctober 22, 2014
You will be asked to do a lot in a shift, the pay is average, but you can move up in the company if you are willing to work.
Very productive, family environment place to grow.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJOctober 15, 2014
You meet new smiling faces entering wawa everyday. enjoy working in a team setting. Customers always wanted me to make their sandwiches even though the line was very long and there was other employees working there.
Energetic, non stop fast pace job.
Food Handler/Cash Handler/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Ashland, VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: health care, paid time off
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day is coming in checking money first doing deposits and counting down the registers. After doing that you make sure everything is ready for your shift to start, checking codes, making sure tables are stocked, tasks are done, and your ready for a smooth shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our regulars come in with a friendly smile knowing that we are going to provide the best customer service. The management is great they always will tell you what needs to be worked on and when you are doing a great job. To me there is no hard part of the job it is a easy job if you pay attention and learn everything correctly the first time. That is the key to working at Wawa, paying attention, and providing excellent customer service. I have learned how to interact with every kind of person there is weather it is a very nice person or a very mean person. I have also learned how to manage my time efficiently.
Fun, Upbeat, and productive work place.
Sales Associate/Lead Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Yorktown, VASeptember 23, 2014
Typical day- Deli Day, Clock in, check times on all the cold food out on the deli table, clean up any that are about to run out of time, check hot food that had been dropped in the processor, prep everything you would need for breakfast, help customers order what they are in the mood for, make coffee, fill the coffee station.
You'll need to stock any product that is running low in your freezer.
Order appropriate items when they time comes. Keep all areas clean and up to code. A big part of working here is to have fun and be safe at all times.
Management was always the best, they always had the personality needed to run a fast paced store. Co-workers were always happy and enjoyed working, it was easy to leave your home life at the door.
Hardest part of the job, I don't think there was a really HARD part, a little tricky would be if staffing was low for the day you might have to be in Deli and run a Register at the same time, which are usually in two different parts of the store.
Most enjoyable part of the job, would be the environment, its always up beat and personable there, its a nice small "get to know your customers personally" kind of place. Honestly the faster it got there the more fun we had.
I learned how to cope really well with a fast paced environment, build good relationships with upper management, order shipment and other products, and some basic management skills.
Very productive workplace, very busy district, very team functionable
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Williamstown, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paid well
Cons: weather
I learned alot about the customer and cash management
I got along with all of my co-workers
The hardest part about my job was the weather conditions
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I worked with people I liked
fun job
Customer service Associate (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJSeptember 20, 2014
its not a bad place to work. you could make this a career. its always hours to pick up
Excellent Company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: no discount when off the clock, only full-time benefits
Wawa is a great company to work for. It consist of working on the deli area and assisting customers at the registers. Coworkers and managers are great. It usually consistent with a steady pace but moe times then not there are the rushes of people trying to get in and out.
Great money for the amount of work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no room for advancement if you start as a csa
Wawa is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits to full time employees, and the overall culture of the company id very energetic and involved with the community and its employees. It is good money, considering the amount of work that is required.
Fast paced - not so fun
Fresh Food Manager (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAAugust 18, 2014
Decent company with decent pay for even part time associates. Flexible scheduling.
Busy and very productive
Management Trainee/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2014
Great customer service provided by all employees, management is outstanding, and there is room for advancement
Fast paced environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAJune 25, 2014
A day working for Wawa can vary depending on location, position and time of year. Working in the stores, the pace is very fast and you're on your feet for 8+ hours a day. Wawa takes great effort in training all of its employees and there's always something new to learn. For the Customer Service Associates pay is what you expect and there's always opportunity to move up. For people in this position you can be expected to do a wide task of jobs such as register, deli, simple maintenance, cleaning and stocking.

For the lower level managers pay is ok and what time you work or what you do can vary by title and even store to store. In general all lower level managers are expected to do the same tasks as the Customer Service Associates, plus things as inventory control, ordering, cash management, resolving conflicts and running store operations if the Manager or Assistant Manager isn't there. On some occasions these positions are also expected to attend meetings, make the store schedules and fill out reports.

The General Managers & Assistant Managers get paid very well and receive bonuses for success. These positions run the store and do all the tasks as the position below them, plus attend meetings a few times a month. The con about this position is the stress involved. Since there's only so many stores and so many people wanting to move up to these positions it can take awhile to move up to these positions. There's also the expectations of meeting quotas and GMs can be demoted or move to lower volume stores (which can mean less pay) if they don't meet these expectations. On the plus side if you exceed expectations the GM can move to higher volume stores.
Mixed Feelings About Working At Wawa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Folcroft, PAJune 21, 2014
Pros: free soda/coffee and discounts during shift (great food, btw), great people to work with, always something to do to keep you busy, can get benefits through the company, great company to become apart of-endless opportunities for employees
Cons: power hungry management, favoritism, customers that were so rude they could ruin your entire day, don't get paid enough for the amount of work you have to do, job starts you off at a low pay
I worked at Wawa for almost three years before I was let go. During this time, working at Wawa was like a roller coaster ride. It was very up and down; some days were good, and some were bad. I did enjoy my job most of the time, but I had my moments where it felt like I was doing way more work than I was getting paid for. I sometimes felt like a slave at this place. I did enjoy the fast pace working environment, though. There was always something to do. I had some really good days working here, and that is because of my coworkers. Out of everything, my coworkers are what I miss the most from Wawa. We almost always found a way to make our job fun. And even though I loved most of my coworkers, I sometimes had a hard time respecting our managers. Some of my managers in the past were just so power hungry and had no respect for the associates at all. We were extremely under-appreciated at times, I felt like. All the work we had to do, all the rude customers we had to put up with. And half the time the hard work wasn't even recognized. I always felt like favoritism was a huge problem at my store. Certain managers treated some associates better than others if they liked them on a personal or friendly level, not because they were good at their jobs. And that's not how it should be. I think our attitudes and the way we act is definitely important, but I believe that hard work should be what's recognized the most. And unfortunately, I did not feel like we were getting that at my store. Overall, I do miss working at Wawa. I miss my coworkers, I miss the few nice customers that came into – more... our store regularly. I do believe that Wawa is a great company to get into, though. There are a lot of opportunities for everyone in this company. They don't start you out on a lot of money, but they often give out raises, and employees can get benefits through Wawa, too. So I did enjoy working here overall. I guess every job has its problems, and Wawa is no different. It is definitely a good company to be apart of, and I'm glad I was apart of it for almost three years. – less
Highly reccommednded
Wawa Sales Representative (Current Employee), Manahawkin, NJJune 19, 2014
For anyone who is at an entry level position I would recommend Wawa. The corporate structure gives employees fair wages and better than most benefits.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Old Bridge NJJune 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: working overnight
Wonderful place to work if you just want to make a little extra money.
Wawa Review
o Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), West Lawn PAMay 20, 2014
A typical day at Wawa is very fast paced and friendly. Over time you, as an employee, become familiar with customers that frequent the store. Its a 'homey' atmosphere to work in, the only downside is the fluctuating hours and shifts, which can, at times, make planning events such as doctor appointments, parties, etc. difficult. Most managers are friendly and work around any scheduling conflicts. Overall I enjoyed the time I spent working for the company, and had originally hoped to continue with the company after receiving my Bachelor's degree, unfortunately there were no positions available for me at the time. But I have kept my eyes out for any new opportunities with Wawa, they are worth the wait!
Great place to work when attending school.
Fresh Food Manager (Current Employee), Brodheadsville, PAMay 18, 2014
Pros: 401k, esop, healthcare, dental, vision
Cons: work weekends and holidays, on feet entire shift, demanding
This is a great company to work for when you don't need a set schedule or lifestyle.

1 2 3 4

About Wawa Inc

Wawa, Inc., a privately held company, traces its roots back to 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Owner George Wood started – Read more