Wawa Employee Reviews

Very fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 16, 2017
Well Wawa has great people the company is great they have a lot of benefits they care about there people who work for them and as soon as you start working you get stock
It’s a job
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 15, 2017
Though Wawa is good at advancing people to other positions it’s all about how much butt you kiss and who you know. If they feel your too opinionated you won’t go far especially if you disagree with the way the managers speak to associates or your pay . Each store is different and not all managers are like that but MOST are out for self and don’t care about your family emergencies or anything but expect everyone to be ok if they need to call out or leave early .
Pros
Move up quick
Cons
Everything else
I would do it again
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 14, 2017
To be honest its not bad working with the public when they are all addicted to your products is all gravy unless its not then someone might curse you out tell you to die but hey it makes you laugh or at least it did for me and after 4 years and some change but id do it again
Pros
not really that bad and FREE coffee when working
Cons
you are the first thing people deal with everyday of their lives and that sucks
great first job
lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2017
wawa has one of the best training programs I ever had the pleasure of being apart of. they taught many core values that stick with you to any other career oriented jobs. a passion for winning, doing things right, do the right thing, embracing change, delight customers daily, and value people. these 6 core values is the infrastructure of wawa and helped me understand what it means to be a great associate.
Pros
paided breaks, pto, a vestied company stocks
Cons
swing shifts
constant communication
Cashier/ Deli/ Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PADecember 11, 2017
constant communication everyone has a walkie talkie that you sign in and out of very shift. BUT the best part isyou get your very own ear piece to hear so its very sanitary
fast paced made my day go by fast
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJDecember 11, 2017
I would run the register
front face shelves, stock shelves
make sandwiches, sizzlis, etc.
went from making sandwiches to being a cashier
I learned customer service skills
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
It's ok
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 11, 2017
My particular store is full of stress and poor management. I do try my best to make it a better environment, but it's hard with being on third shift and constant shift wars. Might just be my store, but overall, it hasn't been a fun experience.
associste
Associate (Former Employee) –  voorheesDecember 10, 2017
Wawa is a great place to work that gives you an infinite amount of management skills among other perks and benefits. Profit sharing is awesome and health benefits are good.
Pros
benefits and profit sharing
Cons
lack of growth
Productive workplace with excellent people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2017
Wawa is a fun workplace where supervisors are always nice and help you with everything.
It is fast paced at times but it does have its downtime for other duties around the store.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help the coworkers and put a smile on the customers face.
Great place to work, never a dull moment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDDecember 7, 2017
Very good company to work for. Opportunity for advancement. Pay is good. If you like taking care of customers, Wawa offers thousands of opportunities per week!
Pros
People focussed
Cons
N/a
I love working for wawa its a great company.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 7, 2017
I will be working At wawa going on 3 years. But every since my mom past away last year things has be a juggle in my life. I thought that my management team would be understanding. I had received 23 hours this week only to find the next week I work 9 hours.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Inconsistency
Great Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDDecember 6, 2017
Had a great time working at Wawa. The hours were a little inconsistent, and I would occasionally be swapped from morning to afternoon to night shifts, which can be hard on the body.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Productive and fast paced work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, NJDecember 6, 2017
Very sufficient and cleanliness is a must, everything up to code, very inviting work environment, descent wages, great learning experiences and co-worker interaction
Pros
Discounts on all Wawa products
Cons
Short breaks
It’s an okay job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richwood, NJDecember 6, 2017
I’ve had worse job than this one, the people you work with are okay, certain managers are good. Hours are flexible to what you need but usually still stay within the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
A wonderful and inspiring work environment
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 6, 2017
The management for this whole company is amazing. They are encouraging and care about all of their employees.
They make the time fly by on a long work day.
The customers are amazing and friendly and make every shift something to look forward to.
wawa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
i used to work for wawa it was some of the best times ive had i love the people and friends who work there. i got to know alot of the customers and there great. i love that they train you on everything so u can always help out no matter what they need.
Pros
pay, hours, customers
Cons
health car dont start till after a year .
relaxed but busy
Inventory Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJDecember 5, 2017
Some days busier the others. Cash counts, orders, counts
helping in the deli if needed. Putting the truck away. I learned time management here at this job everything was pretty much on a timing schedule.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Busy at times
Not a good job
Customer Service, Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 4, 2017
Employees are young always leave early, only 2 over night workers I am one of them only Little discount on Waw brNd food only when I work. horrible first time job after YeR of being here still hVent got my yearly raise. My gm is very Disorganized Nd plays favorites
Pros
Cons
Everything no disscounts on non wawa Brand, discounts on whsn working
Very good company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 4, 2017
Wawa is an extremely good company to work for. The managers are very flexible and understanding if you are to get sick or there is an emergency where you have to leave. Wawa treats all of their employees with utmost respect! It's like a second family.
Fast-paced
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Wawa, but the overnight hours started to effect my health and for me there was not much of an opportunity to work on the other shifts. I also do not want to transfer to any other stores in the region because of the overnight management at those stores.
Pros
discount on food, flexible hours
Cons
overnight are rough especially when the shift before doesn't finish their tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawa. Our community is ready to answer.