Wawa Employee Reviews

Found 1,135 reviews matching the search
Avoid if you can very very hard job to have and maintain
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 8, 2016
They work you to death, for not enough pay, PAY IS better then most, but do you see the long list of responsibilities thats real, they accept you to drop other jobs, forget school and give your life to wawa, management is horrible at any store, advancement is a joke, especially if you start from the bottom better off getting hired in as a manager, only they want your soul first. Wawa got all the nerve in the world to be working people how they do. Benefits are the ONLY good thing about this job.
Pros
40% off wawa labeled food, 50% off healthier foods, weekly pay
Cons
No breaks, Bad training, LONG hours, 24. 7 store, call outs
Great place. lazy associates & management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 10, 2016
Being down the street from a college it gets hectic at times. Too many associates get hired in and expect a paycheck for little to no work. There's too much petty drama and shift wars... Management isn't the best either, they catch attitudes with customers and don't take pride in running their shift, which makes me wonder why they're still shift managers. Overall benefits are great and it's decent pay, just too many grown adults acting like children.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, hours
Cons
Drama, no real breaks for nonsmokers, management
Friendly Environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PANovember 1, 2016
Over the course of working for the past 10 years with Wawa Inc., it has taught me a lot about the work force and also working with others. I have never been more happy with myself, especially after finally achieving a milestone with a company that has been so good towards me. I have been able to go to college for the past 7 years and achieve a bachelors degree while working every weekend. Every manager I have ever had, have been very good to me as far as allowing me to be a manager and working flexible shifts for them. My co-workers have been my biggest support system ever since I have started with the company 10 years ago, it is like my second family. Which is probably the most enjoyable part of my job, knowing that I don't ever have to dread coming into a working environment with people that could possibly make me feel uncomfortable. I all around would recommended this job to anyone who is my age or looking to start out with a company to help further develop their drive and love to work.
Pros
Esop, 401K plan, Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Fast-paced, fun atmosphere with an ever evolving and growing company
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Store OperationsAugust 13, 2016
No two days are ever the same at Wawa. There are always new and different experiences happening and just when you think you have seen it all, something comes along to prove you wrong. These various events can be funny, frustrating, and downright memorable at times, and definitely make you think about how not many other jobs can offer such interesting experiences on a daily basis.
Pros
Interesting people, good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent schedules, long hours at times, open 24/7, 365 days a year
Great and funfilled enviroment
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAOctober 5, 2016
Wawa is an awesome company to work for. Being able to walk into a work place and love it more and more everyday you walk in is like a breathe of fresh air. The management team is great and works with you to help you become a better you and to move up in the work place. There is always room for improvement like any job but I have to say it has been a great experience thus far.
Pros
discounted food, great benefits, we earn goose bumps for gifts.
Cons
Teamwork could be worked on but it takes time to build
Very good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 15, 2016
This is best company that I have worked for. It can be pleasure to beat work, with accomplishments being recognized and rewarded , as long as politics is not involved. Operations management does have personal preferences, and it is sometime biased, that prevent good people to advance. Company in whole does have excellent benefits and compensation package.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compesation
Cons
Internal Politics, and favoritism
Wawa
Inventory Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 19, 2016
Excellent culture. Work/ life balance is terrible based on hours worked. Advancement is easy when management is ethical, thought there are many unethical managers. The hardest part of the job is maintaining proper staffing levels, as most associates are very young. The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with other managers.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Sometimes no break
Great work environment to meet people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cream Ridge, NJSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day consisted of making breakfast sandwiches, filling the coffee pots, preparing hot foods for the lunch crowds, taking order's for hoagie's, working the cash register, keeping the shelves neat and filled. I learned how to do a lot of different duties at this job. I learned how to use a slicer, prepare large pots of coffee, and how to use a cash register. The management at wawa were all great amd helpful. All the coworker's that I worked with over my time there were awesome, still to this day I communicate still with some of them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cranky people who were running late for their job or just in a hurry. I did the best I could to calm the person until they got through the line and on their way.The most enjoyable part of the job was the christmas decorating contest each store would have each year. The store that I worked in won the contest 4 years in a row. All the people who worked there did an awesome job every year coming up with different idea's on how to use our products to make some sort of christmas decoration. We always had so much fun doing that.
Pros
INTERACTION WITH A GREAT TEAM OF COWORKER'S
Cons
NO MEDICAL BENEFITS AND WORKING HOLIDAYS
Fun and productive work place.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 30, 2016
Working at Wawa taught me many different things. This was a job that multitasking was key. When business excelled you had to know where every one had to be to make it a more fast and efficient environment! During this process you can also find a way to make the time go faster by making conversation with customers and employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Communication between management and employees lacked slightly
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAMay 12, 2016
This is a great place to work as far as benefits go. Wawa offers an amazing 401k plan along side with stock. A typical day at work involves a fast paced environment focused on maintaining a clean and great looking store alongside with providing the customer with an unmatched customer service. One of the best thing I've gotten out of Wawa is an advancement on my customer service skills. Along side that, I've learned a lot about inventory management, and delegating through my managers. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that Wawa can sometimes get really busy which turns the usually fast paced environment into a whole different beast. At the end, everyone is working as a team, and as a team we get through it together.
Great advancement, low life balance
Fresh Food Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 28, 2016
In a management position there is a lot of work to be done in a day. The advancement options are fantastic and very obtainable. There is very little life balance and most weekends if not all you will have to work. Depending on the General Manager, vacations and time off is easily approved. The customers can be difficult to deal with at times, but for the most part it is a great environment to work in.
Pros
paid time off, great benefits, advancement
Cons
Most weekends, holiday work, 24/7 availability
Fun friendly environment that you can grow in the business world
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 6, 2016
The environment is friendly and fun always something new going on always new promotions finding new ways to get the customers involved it doesn't feel like work so many benefits come with the job not only that you start to build a family with the people that are there
Pros
Awesome benefits and people to work with friendly environment
Cons
You may not get off when you want to but the overtime pay is nice
Fast paced job that can be rewarding given the right team
Voice of the Customer Store Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2016
I've been with the company for almost two and a half years now. Honestly, your happiness, ability to accomplish tasks, and hours will on depend on your managers and the ability to communicate. I've had great managers and it's been a great place to work. Other times, it has been a disaster. Benefits are incredible! Depending on where your store is located you could be swamped, so be prepared! If you are willing to do your time, you will move up.
productive and fun!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Wawa. Your team mates and management are always looking forward to help out any way they can and are super reliable. There is always something to do so your busy with your shift throughout the day. You really do feel welcomed working at Wawa feels like home.
Pros
long breaks, discounted food, great hours, flexible schedule, great benefits
Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 22, 2016
Great hours, benefits, great management, advancement. Was very difficult to get advanced, for the reason they would move you to another store so, manager would not like to move up his good employees so,he didn't loose them
Pros
Flexible hours advancement
Cons
Very picky about uniform
Bad
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 24, 2016
Bad no fun low pay the treated very poorly and no valued at all the management is weak at best and general managers are complacent I have dedicated almost 2 years to this store and I have not revised a raise
Pros
Working with friends in a friendly environment
Cons
Low pay no treated right
Productive workplace in a friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 24, 2016
I work for Wawa, primarily as a cashier. Work on a typical day is pretty good: I enjoy the people with whom I work, on both sides of the counter. My managers are decent people (that's not the case with all Wawas; but in my case it is). And some of my co-workers and middle-level managers have become close friends. I honestly think Wawa tries to do right by its employees: the company has a 401K matching program which is funded by company stock. The hardest part of the job is on nights when it is busy, and we have a delivery. You have to be in three places doing about six things at the same time! But most nights, it's not like that. Overall, it's a pretty friendly atmosphere at my Wawa.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, 401K matching, employee discounts
Cons
Low salary, Busy nights, occasionally impatient customers
Wonderful work place, great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2016
Wawa is a wonderful company to work for with wonderful benefits and a comfortable work environment. The best part of this job was the relationships that I have made with customers, co workers and managers. Working in a fast paced, friendly environment with highly trained managers made reporting to work every shift beyond exciting.
Pros
PTO, 401K plans
Great Company.
Barista/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valrico, FLJune 9, 2016
I would go in from 6 to 3 or 7 to 4 and it would typically be slow pace. Alot of task to get done at once.
I learned how to multitask and also i learned how to be a great barista.
My co workers are amazing! they are the ones that get my through the rough days at work.
the hardest part of my job was trying multitasking because im the type of person that likes to focus on one thing and follow it through.
the most enjoyably part of my job was making the friends i made and learning what i can handle.
Pros
discount on food when you work. And the friends I made at wok.
Cons
no benefits
A great place to work with wonderful opportunities
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 25, 2016
Meeting people and obtaining exceptional customer service skills.
Great time management.
Benefits.
Decent pay.
Good group of associates and supervisors to work with.
Great team atmosphere.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
short breaks