Wayfair Employee Reviews

glamorous tech job without the glamour
Senior Virtualization System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2016
free beer and snacks do not make up for unsatisfying and unrewarding work. super siloed work environment, no privacy, open space, abysmal and non existent management. young immature employees with bad attitudes. PTO depends on seniority, average health benefits. 4% match. good life and work balance, lots of company parties and outings, job in it self is unrewarding and super narrow scope.
Fantastic Company
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2016
Fantastic experience with one of the largest growing E-Commerce companies in the world. My co-workers were extremely talentated and helped me grow professionally on a daily basis. I learned how to develop long term business deals and strategies with corporate 500 companies, how to use CRM systems such as Sugar and Salesforce, write code using SQL, and to think outside the box on a daily basis.
Pros
Free snacks, Great people, Growing Company
Cons
Pay was subpar for Boston
Laid back work environment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 25, 2016
Laid back work environment. Although alot of downtime waiting on trucks to be loaded and other employees were allowed to stand around and talk and laugh while others worked. Hardest part of job was to have to ask for a team lift every time you had a box too heavy 180 lbs or higher which was often. That's the only reason I left the job. Loved it other than the daily heavy lifting.
Great culture
Delivery Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 26, 2016
Great culture. Not all management great, but mine was excellent.
Diverse culture. They don't care about about religion, race, tattoos, piercings, nor orientation. As long as you do the job well, that's what they care about.
free coffee and snacks.
Unorganized teams. Too demanding in some departments.
Pros
food, culture
Cons
long hours, short breaks, too demanding in some departments.
Awesome Company To Work For
Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 2, 2016
The Bangor location is full of fun! Everyone is so happy; it is a happy and upbeat work environment; the managers are phenomenal; the application and interview process was smooth and quick; this is the best company in Bangor, Maine!
Pros
Management team, fun work environment, free snacks!, fantastic benefits, great pay
Cons
Absolutely nothing!!!
organized
shipping dock (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 24, 2016
this company was fun to work for bosses would bring snacks and had prize raffles around the holidays everybody worked hard and together the get the work done sometimes when we finished early if you wanted to leave they would you they tried to make work fun so that you would work and have a good time doing it.
Pros
raffles
Cons
hetic around holidays
Wayfair- The Way the Work Place Should Be
BUSINESS ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
As a B2B Account Manager, I value the sales culture Wayfair has created as an up and coming young sales force. With an open floor plan departments are able to work together to problem solve, and upper management is accessible and approachable. Direct managers promote growth with consistent support and guidance. Being part of a growing company, your voice is heard and there is an opportunity to really make a impact on the companies future.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, compensation plan, opportunity for growth
Cons
Growing pains, tech bugs
Working for Wayfair at a glance
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
I have been working as a Business Account manager for Wayfair for almost 2 years. The things I enjoy most about my job are the overall open atmosphere here. I trust my team and have a great direct manager. Wayfair provides extensive training for this job and a ramp up period while you are still learning your position. There is opportunity to make great bonuses and commissions and Wayfair helps you build your book of business. A challenge of the job that I actually enjoy is that my days are never the same. I am met with new challenges each day and come up with creative ways to resolve them. I have the support of my teammates and manager for assistance and feedback.
Pros
great team, open floorplan, fun and flexible
Cons
frustrations caused by lack of communication between departments
Run & hide
Delivery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 13, 2016
upper brass / management DOES NOT care about you. You are EXTREMELY expendable to them. If you do your job then you're fine. But if you mess up even 1 time then you're in major trouble.

I was on the DST team - they make you work in available mode. You are not allowed to finish things up before taking another phone call. If you miss a call you get in trouble.

BE CAREFUL. Destiny is a BEACH of a manager
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
To many to name
Relaxed work environment
B2B sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2016
Wayfair is a fun and interesting place to work, but it has a start-up feel and things change drastically on a daily basis. They are not profitable and recently had to lay off many employees in the B2B sales department.
Pros
Free snacks, beer
Cons
Low compensation
I enjoyed working at Wayfair, although they are somewhat rigid when dealing with medical issues.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Wayfair, the environment they have is pretty great and their call centers are relatively medium-low stress. That said there's still times when you feel terrible after a rough call and there's not a lot of leniency given in those instances. Altogether I worked primarily emails and although I could handle the phone calls in small bursts, some days you'd be given almost the entire day's work on phone calls you may not have been as well trained for while also being expected to equal or exceed the dedicated phone consultants. It was fun, although you definitely need to know it won't always be easy.
Pros
Snacks, Great Environment.
Cons
Short Breaks, Rigid Compensation, Few Compromises for Health Benefits.
Startup Atmosphere
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Overall a great startup type of company to work for. Lack of structure made this employee hard to work for as the business grew and the company expanded.
Pros
Fun relaxing place to work. Company sponsored outings.
Cons
Lack of structure and corporate company values
Wayfair Rocks
cherrypicker/powerjack oper. (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 10, 2016
It is one of the most fun work place ever. It is a great place to work and has awesome benefits. Anyone looking for a cherry picker job, I highly recommend Wayfair.
Pros
the furniture give away is incredible.
Cons
don't care much for second shift.
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, CTMay 24, 2016
Wayfair is a place where you didn't really know what you would walk into at the beginning of everyday. Everyday management would find one thing to complain about all the time. The management team felt they could talk however they wanted with no actions
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long days, No pay
No Work - Life Balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2016
No Work/Life Balance in Wayfair, LLC Boston, MA, USA. Job security is a concern. People around are helpful. Pod outings are fun. Overall the culture is closely aligned to start up.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management was less helpful.
Terible Management and HR Department
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 26, 2016
Customer Service was stressful however wayfair provided good tools to handle the day. Management was a joke. After training if you had questons or needs management could rarely be found. co workers and benefits were fantastic.
Pros
Free Food and Company Outings
Cons
Management and HR
Culture is shifting in a negative direction
Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2016
Over the course of the past year the culture of the operations team within the company has become much more toxic. Leadership needs to address this quickly or there will likely be a mass exodus.
Awesome place to work
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 30, 2016
Wayfair is all about their employees. There goal everyday is to make sure they are happy. They said if they made their employees happy, we would make their customers happy,
Pros
free coffee, and snacks all day
I'd work there again.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2016
My experience at Wayfair was mostly positive. Every level of management was extremely accessible and responsive. Scheduling was as flexible as reasonably possible (given the nature of the work) and the atmosphere was charged with positive energy. However, entry level turnover was also very high there. Every couple of months we had a new group of trainees. Frequent seating changes and technical glitches made work life highly chaotic. Politics played a very strong role in longevity. Benefits and pay were much better than I expected; so was the workload. I'd work there again, if given the opportunity.
Comfortable work environment, sometimes fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Having a beginning shift meeting about our daily duties. then getting straight to work,
I learned how to package and ship items to customers
Management made sure everything and everyone was on task
The coworkers some were really nice and funny and others were rude and disrespectful
The hardest part about the job was lifting heavy items
the most enjoyable part was getting through the day and knowing we didn't miss any items
Pros
The company has free snacks for the employees and they do raffles
Cons
The company is still growing so there was a lot of miscommunication