Wayfair

Wayfair Employer Reviews

A great company with lots of positive energy!
E-mail consultant (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: they provided us with opportunities outside of work to build freindships.
Cons: they did not offer sick pay.
Wayfair is a great company to work for! They offer great benefits and have a great bonus structure. It is a very positive environment with good energy and a wonderful management team. I worked hard each day to be professional and represent the company well as I address the concerns of each customer.
Okay job if you enjoy low pay and no advancement.
Digital Media Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2013
Pros: foosball
Cons: low pay, no advancement, management is clueless.
Not much to say, but low pay and no room for advancement. Top performers will not stay long.
always busy
Inventory Lead (Former Employee), Hebron, KYNovember 5, 2013
they always were busy and are always growing was a lot of heavy lifting but was an easy job.
Online Home Goods Retailer
ACE Delivery Squad (Damage Team) (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 13, 2013
A growing company with competitive pay. I learned how to manage over 80 different orders with individual customer needs.
casual, collaborative work environment. start-up feel
Product Management (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 23, 2013
open-space work environment. Collaborative and fun team. Departments broken up into small groups making responsibilities more rewarding and weighted.
Don't work with your schedule at all. Poor compensation
Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great break room
Cons: micromanages severly.
Was not a positive work environment (all negative). Commission structures continuously changed.
Horrable
Associate/IC - Work (Former Employee), Hebron, KYApril 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits (if you get hired)
Cons: everything else.
This job was nothing but a joke in my opinion (Hebron location anyway). You went in blind, with poor management and no goals what so ever. This company is new, and was ranked one of the top 10 by Forbes, but they clearly didn't observe this location. Starting with the supervisors to the plant manager, this place was insane, you did the same job every – more... day, with no room to grow, and on top of that no one knows whats going on. You may come in and work 8 hours, or at a moments notice 5 minuets before the end of shift you find out your working 10 hours. There was no safety team, nothing for cleanliness (5-S), and no real clarification on rules. Oh and no to mention they start off with temps, and you could be there for GOD knows how long before they hire you. – less
Fun place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2013
Wayfair is a great first job out of college and a great way to learn about such an evolving industry.
Great experience, Low compensation
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: culture, fun perks, experience
Cons: pay, salary, compensation, benefits
Wayfair provides hard working employees a lot of opportunity to advance his or her own skill set and assume a high level of responsibility. However, the pay is not up to industry standards. People go to Wayfair to get experience for a few years and leave. The turnover rate is high. Monetarily, they do not value their employees-which is really sad.
$ome bad some good
Sales (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: hard working atmoshpere, strong stable business
Cons: under paid employees. office environment
Some good benefits working here. Great co-workers and strong growing company. Both Owners work in the same space as their employees and work very hard, leading by example. Unfortunately the one drawback is their company is 80% under paid recent grads. While they offer a great entry for newbies, the turn over rate is high. But if you can get the $$$ – more... you deserve then its a great place to work. Office space is a bit stuffy, in my opinion id rather have my own space in a cubicle than share 1 giant desk with 6 people not being able to ignore your neighbor when needed. – less

Gina224 – February 26, 2013

Has there been any cultural changes in the company and if so, has this change effect the company?

Great People, Great Environment
Account Operations Specialist (Current Employee), bostonJanuary 10, 2013
Wayfair is one of the most fun places to work! It's completely open, with no cubicles, which promotes conversation and the ability to educate and learn from each other. The benefits are great, as well as all the little extras: Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox season tickets; Summer and Holiday company outings; Huge game room overlooking the entire city – more... of Boston. – less
Respectable compant with great values
Customer Care (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 4, 2012
Pros: hour lunches & free sporting event tickets
Cons: no long term goals in the position
A typical day of work consisted of 50+ written emails with rest breaks about once every 20-40 minutes. Emails were monitored based on the number in a day, quality of the message and time it took to compose and send each message. The environment was social and comfortable, and the management was generally responsible.

I gained valuable customer service – more... skills throughout this position that I am able to use in everyday situations. Our job was to ensure customer satisfaction, provide empathy in damaged orders and do so in a timely matter.

The hardest part of this job was that it became tedious after a long period. Workers are generally in this entry level position for 2-4 months before moving onto phone calls, however those positions were not available and it became strenuous in the long wrong. It also took a strain on my eyes to stare at a computer screen for long durations, I felt my physical health was at risk in this position.

I met some fantastic people and often went out with coworkers at the end of the day, I still maintain connections with many people I enjoyed working with. Wayfair is a fantastic working environment, I do not hold any contempt for being let go as I gained a lot from my experience. – less
Productive Fun Place
Email Service Squad (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 16, 2012
Pros: new friends, break room, ping pong table, tv
Cons: did not work with my school schedule and is far away from salt lake cityt
Wayfair cares about their employees involvement with the company.
I go into work at 7 am- 5pm and work on emails all day assisting customers. Management is always willing to help and get things done quickly. Hardest part of my job is getting a schedule that will work with my school. I enjoy all the people at the center and making new friends.

About Wayfair

Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles – Read more