Wayfair Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work with employee happiness a focus
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 14, 2017
wayfair was excellent to work for! they provide in depth training, making the job easy. they also focus a great deal on employee happiness. we had a fantastic break room with free snacks, coffee and juice. once a week they would give out free wayfair stuff to employees. management was excellent! all questions/issues were handled professionally, with a focus on the positive. management truly made doing the job easy, and fun. it is an outstanding place to work, i would highly recommend it to everyone.
Pros
fun, free snacks and coffee and juice, positive work environment, team focus
Cons
smoking area was far from building.
Pays well but far too political for anyone wanting to advance
Manager, Follow-Up Team (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 8, 2017
I had fun working at Wayfair, but it didn't take long to realize how political of a place it really is. Many of my peers were great to work with and taught me a lot about collaboration and networking. However, the further up the chain you went, the more people seemed to care more about protecting themselves than they did about supporting and caring for the people reporting to them.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Micro-management, lack of support from Senior managers and above
I didn't work there long enough to be able to make this review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 7, 2017
I don't have much to say I did not work there long enough to have a good review. Not because I quit or got fired but because I was moving. Other than that they have lots of perks which I liked.
A cool place to work
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2017
Love the people and the culture. I love the environment and the relaxed work setting. My co workers are all friends and great to be around. The customer service side has too many restrictions but other than that, its great
Becoming a typical call center environment
Customer Service/Agility (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 31, 2017
Forget thinking coming here would be any different than teleperformance, convergys, or Focus. Their culture was different, until changes were made that affected the workflow of employees immensely. Our voices used to be heard, and we mattered. Especially with constructive criticsm. We've had 3 major changes with our Senior management, who all but have eased our pain. They know nothing of our culture, nothing of our true brand, just hired because they were 'higher ups' from someplace else. When it comes to issues or criticsm we have, they do not know how to take it. Anytime before, it was understood that critism was always constructive on either end, never hurtful; that was our workplace. These new comers, didn't get that.

Don't expect to come here thinking you'll know what your job is in your job offer letter. It will change. They claim to like transparency, but since the big change; we hardly get anyone to tell us what is going on anymore.

We had individual Chat, Email, and Phone service departments. They decided based on a much smaller location that they've tested, to run what's called 'agility', or multi-channel servicing. They said it worked well at that site. That site, has less than 100 agents in their service dept, meanwhile theres the rest of the 6+ sites doing their regular functions. Of course this site is going to do well, Wayfair started training this new site and its new employees from the start with this agility role. Where you are doing all 3 functions: chat, email and phones and will be put on any of those functions at any time. It didn't sound that bad,
  more... but it got so much worse.

They decided to train every single one of us to do this. Meanwhile everything is hemmoraging. We starting training our teams with each function. Our emails are now at 50,000 and over 7 days behind. Phone queues with over 200 callers, we had to shut down chat because nothing could get done. The lack of support from I.T. leadership, new senior managers, new director is unreal. Wayfair had a literal open door policy. So where is everyone??? Meanwhile, if you were scheduled for a day of emails, expect to be switched over to phones within 2 hours of your shift for calls for the rest of the day. Us old timers of the past who reminisce of how it was all about taking care of the customer the right way, not how quickly can you get some one off the phone to take the next call.
Pros
The money doesn't even make this job worthwhile anymore, when you don't have any support. When you are shamed for how 'slow' you are being, and for the lack of morale.
Cons
Too many to list, and honestly I'm finding out more since I've been gone. The turnover here is going to be incredible.
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Copley Square, MAJuly 27, 2017
Wayfair has more benefits than draw backs and the company itself has a great foundation. Other departments tend to try and push off work and there is some technology gaps as they grow. Offers excellent PTO, stock options. Needs more mentoring leadership outside of a class, more time with management.
Potential but at a complete standstill
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
Company could be great but the turn over rate is high due to terrible pay and poor management as well as zero growth potential within. Was hired on totally false promises of a high commission payout to make up for a HORRIBLE salary for Boston area and the promise of a 3-6 month promotion. Completely metrics based and if you are not a manager favorite you will never go anywhere even if you meet or exceed everything expected of you per month, quarter, year.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay, Management, lack of career advancement, zero transparency
n/a
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Great company for new college graduates and people who want a quick eCommerce learning experience.
Young people average age 29, company is on an upward trend
Pros
free snacks
Cons
compensation
Close Rate is Cancer
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 12, 2017
Not a fan of the Close Rate metric. It's the ratio between your total calls and sales. You can sell items and make a lot of commission, but if your close rate is low your commission check will suffer. Some that aren't sales won't be your fault, or the customer had no intention of purchasing anything. I've been trying to move to customer service where they have a higher base pay, no close rate to worry about, and more opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
Sanck Wall
Cons
Close Rate
Productive and stressful
DRIVER / ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJuly 11, 2017
I learned a lot having to drive and set up appliances
what i liked about it was that the team was friendly and was willing to help out
the hardest part of the job was having to pick up really heavy appliances with just one more helper
Fast paced, but mostly upbeat environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 8, 2017
I loved Wayfairrst when I first started there almost 3 years ago. But the company has been growing too much, too fast, and the real stress is being felt by the people in customer service
Wayfair.com Review
CSR (Former Employee) –  Bangor maineJuly 5, 2017
Wayfair is a great company to work for. there are so many options and opportunities with the company. Wayfair has great benefits and competitive pay scale. The option to move up in the company is something easily obtainable and achievable to those who apply themselves. The company rewards hard work and provides many training opportunities as well.
Pros
great job opportunities, lots of training, easy to move up and around in the company.
Cons
The company is still developing ways to better improve on itself, this process can cause some employees to feel lost in the shuffle at times.
Very Poor Place To Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ILJune 26, 2017
Management is absolutely terrible, the amount of nepotism that occurs is beyond belief. I would send my worst enemy to work at this place. They are poorly staffed and poorly managed how they keep the doors open is a miracle. State was there probably half the time I worked there for multiple reports
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Management, co workers, nepotism
Great environment
Delivery Specialist Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is getting signed in to take calls, do follow-up tickets for the day, address special support tickets (customers that request to be contacted about an issue), respond to all customer emails, and weekly I send out team reports on stats, goals, and motivational quotes for my manager.
I learn something new every day in the position I am in. It has it's challenges but the people I work with assist and believe in team work however we do get the option to be independent I am one that enjoys both.
I love my current manager she is new but she is going to accomplish great things here. The manager over the entire department can be more difficult to work for but I have not had any problems and am well liked.
The culture here at Wayfair is transparent and we are constantly changing so you have to adjust easily to change. Everyone is a team player and will help everyone day to day if they can.
The hardest part of the job is sitting all day. I do love helping the customers but for years I was always working on my feet. Being a Delivery Specialist can have be difficult at times but every job will have it's ups and downs. What I enjoy most about being at Wayfair are the people I get to work with everyday and the customers.
A great place to work at and love the culture
Warehouse Associate/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27406June 21, 2017
Wayfair is an awesome place. I love the fact that it is a growing company. I love it here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The management is awesome and I love the fact that there is room for advancement.
culture of the company and people make it a great place to work. management is not the best and not a lot of growth within the company.
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
recommend Wayfair for a person looking to get foot in the door for sales. the people within the company are great. fun environment which makes coming to work everyday great.
Amazing
Digital Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2017
Very organized and friendly people. The company was employee-focused, and made sure all employees were well equipped to work effectively and were comfortable. Employees had opportunity to grow.
Great if You're just out of school and dont know any better
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2017
Great place if you just need a starting point to get on your resume. Otherwise I wouldnt bother, the way things work around there is so political and convoluted. Poor communication and expect to be managed by someone who couldn't get anything better and just stays. Also they do no actual buying there, don't go if you want to work in buying!!!!
Pros
Free snacks, beer etc. I did meet some good people.
Cons
Horrible managers that have never worked anywhere but wayfair, pay is horrible, and upward communication is a joke
Promises turns into lies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 29, 2017
Once they falsely advertise the job as a way to move up in the company, they quickly leave you behind and your just a number.

All promotions within in the company have been the under 27 year old requirement. The ones who can always seen brown nosing get the promotions.

Management is now lackluster and no longer cares.

All external hires are from failed call centers locally that have shut their doors due to poor performance. Great leadership?

Avoid this place at all costs. I regret working here.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Management, politics, and false advertising
A nice place to work
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 25, 2017
Wayfair is fun and exciting to work at. The company is growing fast and its very fun to be a part of, however their benefits do take some time to truly kick in. I got sick just before my year marker and I had already missed too many days so my statistics suffered because I was taking too much time off the phone to alleviate myself from an illness I didn't have the time to take care of and they didn't offer fmla until after the year marker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayfair. Our community is ready to answer.