Wayfinder Family Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive nice environment
Dorm Councelor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here ..I would still be there if I didn't relocate a few years back. I would go back in a heart beat. Atmosphere was great as well as the staff.
Pros
Lived close and my younger brother attended the school
Cons
Pay
fun working with all different kids
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2017
It isn't a bad job just need the pay to be more.
taking the kids on walks, going to the gym to play basketball, playing games with them.
the babies were taken care of as if they were my own
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
low pay and not enough hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAAugust 4, 2017
Working for Junior Blind at Camp Bloomfield was an amazing experience. Assisting and interacting with individuals with disabilities like my own opened my eyes. I never had a boring day and i have memories that will last a life time.
Pros
making a difference in someone's life
Cons
seasonal work
overwhelming
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
what made this job overwhelming was the lack of support from management. they can make it seem as they care but no change will actually be implemented. pay is bad compared to other social service providers.
Great Concept for Residents
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2016
Enriching children from Severely Emotionally Disturbed DCFS youth with mental health conditions. Counseling and directing residents to the highest level of independence by caring, valuing, communicating effectively, engaging, improving, and exceeding expectations to take responsibility while accommodating resources. Maintained confidentiality of all pertinent student case information to assure student’s rights are protected while following lesson plans on individualized goals and objectives. Daily maintenance logs regarding behavior or incidents were noted for school staff, parents, and/or residential staff.
Warning: High Turn Over Rate.
Counslor Milieu (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2016
Within the Group Homes there is Non- Communication among Staff employees. The Residents rooms may go unfix for days. I'm speaking of dresser drawers, closet doors, holes in walls and shower fixers etc. FYI: Residents AWOL consistently. Staff employees are not properly trained.
Pros
Great Medical benefits and dental
Cons
Non-comunication among Staff employees
Good entry-level job
Milieu Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2016
was tough but I got through it. Love the kids there, the staff are sometimes not helpful and that can be hard when you first start working there,
Great experience
Volunteered at Junior Blind (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
While I only volunteer every year for a few hours of the day, it's a phenomenal experience. While it is a short amount of time the lessons that I was able to teach and the things I've learned from the athletes are long lasting. The people who work there are kind and lovely. The athletes themselves are the most hardworking and determined people I've had the honor to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the smiling faces and knowing that their day is made.
Pros
Free lunches
not a good place at all
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2016
I really liked working here because of the residents and the staff. But as far as the company I hated it, they didn't care about staff or residents.
Pros
residents and staff
Very dedicated work environment
Program Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
In the 13+ years with the company I learned quite a lot in administrative work. The work environment is very friendly and management was always willing to help you succeed. The hardest part of the job was to work so close with children with disabilities and at times students would pass away.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the good feeling knowing your work was to assist students with special needs and their families.
Pros
Very dedicated work environment
Cons
Parking was sparce on campus
Fun and Fast Pace, Helping Children with Developmental Disabilites
MILIEU COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2015
On a daily, my job is to help children in a group home setting with their activities of daily living such as; Showering and grooming, brushing teeth, preparing meals, engaging them in daily routines and activities. They have behaviors but with the help of my team members, we try to keep them happy and help them communicate with us in a way we can understand. I've learned that even children with developmental disabilities are intelligent. I enjoy working with them because they have ways of making your heart warm and they have ways of showing their appreciation. I feel working in a field providing customer service however you provide it, has to be something you like to do. You Have to be a people person.
Pros
Co-Workers, Working with the children, Overtime
Cons
Hours, Management, Organization
MSW Intern
Master of Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2015
The typical work day looked different every day. I had my hand in multiple projects at a time, but they were interesting and provided me with a variety of experiences. As an intern I have a lot of support and encouragement to be creative and make positive changes.
Pros
Free lunch, holidays off, plesant staff
Cons
chilly office
very rewarding place to work
Adult Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2014
great environment with innovative technology. You will see the growth of a person and their successes are extremely rewarding and makes your efforts and the job your doing worth it.
Pros
catering on campus daily
Cons
parking
Poor Management, no guidance
Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2013
too much work and underpaid. High Turnovers. Health Benefits are awful, especially if you have dependents. If you are making only $18-19 dollars and you have dependents. The premium will cost you as much $1,200/month depending how many dependents you have. You will practically left with little in your paycheck. The procedure is outdated.
The office is closed during Christmas until new year's day.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2013
the employees get paid during the Christmas and holiday closure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayfinder Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9