Wayne Farms LLC

Wayne Farms LLC Employee Reviews

Good for Money - Not a Career
Adage Clerk (Paper Worker) (Current Employee), Decatur, ALMarch 14, 2015
The money at waynes farms llc is ok i can say... but as far as advancing in the company and making it a career i wouldnt dare try to stay here long term.. you can be there 20+ years and still be making the same pay
Productive & great place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Jack, ALMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good wages, good insurance, holiday pay
worked in QA dept
inspection on equipment/work area before plant start up
chlorine tests throughtout the plant several times per shift
checked weights on product before shipping
checked temps on product before shipping
room temps throughout different areas of plant several times per night
inspected poultry for disease, etc
loved the job, & co-workers
Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Decatur ALMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad salary
As a former salaried employee, I learned and did a lot of my growing up through my time at Wayne Farms LLC in Decatur, AL. The managers do care about the people ultimately.
Overall the opportunity was a learning curve for something greater
Support Tech (Former Employee), Dobson, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: multi-cultural work environment
Cons: getting over the pains in their hands due to using the equipment on deboning line
clock in at 8am-6pm. employees required to be on their designated line by 8am. Break at 10:30am for 30 minutes. Back to work. Then another break at 1:30pm to 2:00pm. Will would be able to take breaks if needed for restroom visits.
productive and fun environment
sanitation (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: long breaks/ health care
Cons: short work time
work
I learned how to work in a major environment
nice managers/team leaders
cool co-workers
scrubbing
work life
production supervisor (Former Employee), Laurel, MSDecember 3, 2014
working in poultry is fast pace and quick desicions. understanding proper cuts and yields is important to succeed in this field
Great co-workers and atmosphere
Payroll Clerk/Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 22, 2014
I love what I do here, but I want to advance my career. I want a job that challenges me and has more career advancement opportunities while still having the stability that Wayne Farms provides.
Not good
Multicraft Maintenance (Former Employee), Decatur, ALOctober 11, 2014
Pros: you get a paycheck
Cons: bad management, 7 day a week job
i would not recommend employment here, management is bad and nobody is experience in there feild.
A great experience
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Dothan, ALSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: growth and great opportunities
It was fun and a privilege working with a great group of people. I learned a lot during my employment at Wayne Farms . I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to grow and enhance my skills within the company.
NA
Production Supervisor, Debone (Former Employee), Union Springs ,AlSeptember 22, 2014
This is a work environment that is very inviting and is full of potential to advance.
creative product development team
National Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oakwood, GaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: really outstanding healthcare. solid company
Cons: confused vision as to what segment of the industry they want to be in.
Cold calls and follow up with existing customers.
Can do attitude; anything is possible for a price.Senior management commitment to value added not 100%. Great employees more than willing to do what is necessary to satisfy the customer.
Most difficult thing abouy this company is the politics within the organization.
t he best part of the job is being able to solve a customer
problem.
Large learning experience
Debone (Former Employee), Jack, ALApril 28, 2014
Pros: learn some valuable traits about the workforce
Cons: a lot of lazy workers used the union as a way to keep their job
I learned a lot about working in a production plant that thrives on speed. However, the biggest thing I learned is how to work with a variety of different people. There probably 50 or more ethnic races present at this workplace and we all had to get along. In my department we had 8 assembly lines with about 15-20 people on each line and each person's job affected the next person's job.
Great place
Help management (Former Employee), Danville, ARMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Good place to start and step stool. The lunch break is short they have to understand how much time it takes us to wash off and take off materials and to actually enjoy a meal while higher management takes their time in the office
This site's company culture lacked Leadership, but the poultry industry is a tough business with a very high turnover rate.
HR Supervisor (Former Employee), Laurel, MSNovember 25, 2013
Pros: good hard working people.
Cons: many peoples talents were overlooked.
A typical day at work for this company required that your must be flexible, hard working, be able to lead your team to success. Multiple employee, job seeker and vendor requests. Ability to multi-task was a must.
production
Manufacturing & Packaging Clerk (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: no free break
Cons: enought break yes health care
it was very good job, it was picking packing and also production line evey bady was good co- workers was nice hardest part was it was frezen. and I like job
Productive and fun work place with friendly co workers and supervisors.
Spare Hand (Former Employee), Albertville, ALSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: two breaks a night, a free lunch for working two hundred hours without an accident.
HArd work, but very satisfying. I made me feel good to know that i was processing food that helps to feed people. I really enjoyed my job, i had awesome co workers and supervisors, everyone was very friendly. And the best part of the job was that time would just fly by.
Wayne Farms Fresh
Labor Associate/Safety Observer (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 2, 2013
Pros: fun place to work for. differnt people and personalities
Cons: really late nights
Again, for me working for Wayne Farms was a real experience. I was a Floating Laborer/Safety Observer so I stayed on the go. From relieving others for breaks to filling in for other s who've taken vacations. Liked the job a lot, I guess the hardest part for me was in the beginning, trying to learn all the different positions, but with hard work and perseverance, I did exceptionally well.
Stable place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 20, 2013
Cared about employees but worked a lot of weekends and made having a life outside of work difficult.
Productive and friendly people
De-bone Production Worker (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCApril 11, 2013
Great hard working and friendly people. Worked around 9 and a half hours 5 to 6 days a week.
It just wasnt for me
Back Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not enough hours, not having work
A typlical workday is pretty decent, but you dont get the hours that you need. I can only recall of one time when i got the full 40 hours. The pay is ok too as long as your getting your hours, but it was not a very family friendly job. Some of the co workers are great, others are not something that i wanted to be around. The management seemed to catagorize the workers, which is something that i do not beleive in. sometimes this made a work day difficult. The hardest part of the job would have to be not know if they are going to send you home as soon as you get there due to no work, the most enjoyable part of the job would be some of the co workers.

About Wayne Farms LLC

Don't ask. A top US poultry business, Wayne Farms is too busy to cross the road. The company processes almost 2 billion pounds – Read more