Wayne Farms LLC Employee Reviews

Stable work place, grate benefits, cares for employees
Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jack, ALFebruary 2, 2017
My typical day at work it's talking to my new hires, checking on them making sure that they are here and that they are ok, have a small talk with them, trying to make them feel comfortable and that we care for them. I've improved my English since I started here, I learned how to communicate better with people since we have such a vast variety of cultures. Management it' really caring, about production and people, they understand that in order to have good product they have to have well treated folks. There is many different cultures here, people from all over the world, and they manage to take care of them and understand them. The hardest part personally it's when we loose one of our employees, I'm very passionate about my job and with what I do and it disappoints me when we loose someone. Over all my favorite part it's being able to talk to people, make them feel comfortable, that they can trust me and that I will be there to help them as much and as better as I can.
Pros
Big breack rooms, Wi-fi, vending machines
wayne farm
Live Hanger (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 2, 2017
overall its a job that get bills paid but I feel that their are better opportunities than to work there forever because we don't get compensated for anything we do. On the other hand it just a tiring job and after a while it just puts a strain on your body
Pros
holidays and insurance
Cons
stressful and to demanding on employees
Management is terrible
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 31, 2017
It's just not the place I'd ever want to work again. Demanding and overbearing. Don't care about your personal life and how it can affect work.
Productive and fun work place.
Debone (Current Employee) –  Jack, ALJanuary 23, 2017
I have learned how to define a chicken. The work days pass by quickly. I enjoy this job and my co workers. The management care about your opinion.
Pros
Wifi
Cons
Breaks feel short
Very Productive place
Assembly Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 7, 2017
I don't have to much to say about that place really, I mean I guess people are goin to have attitudes everywhere we go but it's a different experience. I guess because everybody works so close together. Whatever the case may be, some areas may be freezing some areas may be hot, some areas may have spices burning your eyes. So I can understand why Some people are going to be angry or upset.
Lack of respect and hours
Merination (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSNovember 17, 2016
I dont like how the pay is good but you barely get any hours and you have to deal with so much just barely get any hours and you are littleraly in pain.
Amazing learning experience with amazing people
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GASeptember 24, 2016
I LOVED my summer internship here. I learned so much and time literally flew by. This was one of the best experiences within my professional career. Their marketing department is amazing
Pros
Pay, People, Experience
Cons
Absolutely nothing
Not acceptable
Assembler Worker (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 20, 2016
I inspected cars as they came down the line & if something was wrong I'll write it up so the car can get fixed. We ran two lines that did the same exact thing. The working environment wasn't good at all.
Pros
The breaks was great
Cons
Management wasn't good at all
Not a bad job, the managers dont know how to treat people
Maint. (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 13, 2016
Co workers are great the Maint. Superintendent cant treat people with respect. Could be a good job. Needs new people in charge. They dont care about you or your family. How you looking
Pros
Great supervisor, and co workers
Cons
Superintendent
Love this place! Great coworkers here!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALApril 19, 2016
Love this place! Great coworkers here! I enjoyed everything about Wayne Farms. The staff was very helpful and sweet. I learned so much during my Internship, with communication skills and handling of the animals.
Horrible place to work
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALApril 15, 2016
They will fire you for one mistake, while someone else screws up all the time. USDA is a bunch of jerks. They only promote the idiots.
Benefits
Cons
everything else
Unsatisfactory
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALApril 5, 2016
Had very little training before I was expected to know how to schedule and feed several poultry farms without adequate information.
It was a great work place
Trainer for Debone (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSFebruary 8, 2016
The hardest part on this job was getting everyone to keep their eyes on what they were suppose to be learning and doing and getting back to work on time.
it was okay place to work for people were nice
Egg Setter / Read Machines / set eggs (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, MSJanuary 13, 2016
read machines and set eggs felt kinda outta place but i was willing to do it to make ends meat. kinda hard setting eggs it was hott but im use to working in heat form previous jobs
Productive steady pace to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, ALNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work. Great management and support team. Full of hard working dedicated employees. Producing america's best poultry products.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cold
Looking for a challenging position with great opportunities
Sr. Production Clerk (Current Employee) –  Decatur, AlabamaOctober 23, 2015
My knowledge of Production Management has definitely expanded since working here. I enjoy the accounting and production environments and am willing to learn in any given situation. I do feel that I am at a stand still, with no upward movement for me. I have strived too hard for the knowledge I have gained over the years to be at a dead end. I would like a challenging position with a chance for advancement.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Salary benefits seem to be disappearing one by one...
Great place to gain knowledge and experience
QA/HACCP Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, AROctober 5, 2015
Wayne Farms LLC (Danville Ar.) is a good place to learn the basics of how a poultry company runs and operates, but in my opinion could be more up to date on there facility's tec. and structure to maximize the plants production and energy.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
Plant needs to be updated.
Stepping Stone
Operations/General Labor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 23, 2015
My time at Wayne Farms enabled me to learn about plants and the mechanics of day to day operations, enabling me to further my work oppurtunities.
It's a good job for the money
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 21, 2015
The work isn't that hard. The worst part about working there is the cold, but when the checks are given out it makes the place worth it.
ok and cold
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALSeptember 10, 2015
cold chicken,knives,cold feet cold face.cold hands good pay.work to many holidays.good pay cold everything.cold feet cold hand cold chicken
Pros
pay
Cons
cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayne Farms LLC. Our community is ready to answer.