Wayne Farms Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Hard Working Environment
Labor Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be to wash out plastic combos, keep the floor clean, and take out trash. I have learned to work safely and smarter. Management in the beginning was questionable but has shown improvement over time. My Co-Workers are hard working people. The hardest part of the job would be the constant walking I am required to do during my shift.The most enjoyable part the job would be my Co-Workers.
Pros
Freedom and permission to use the restroom when needed
Cons
Limited raises
Duties at Wayne Farms LLC
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCJune 21, 2016
I worked at Wayne Farms for 7 years. I liked their benefits and liked the fact that I had a full time job Monday - Friday from 8-5 pm. The company was very flexible to me and every year I had two weeks paid vacation.

The hardest part was having to work in a production line that ran super fast, while I would cut chicken parts. I had to work in between two people and we were not allowed to get close to one another. It was hard for the first person, because if they didn't cut their part of the chicken, they would get in my way, and made it difficult to cut my part. The managers would always overlook this.

I learned to work under stress and to multitask.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Filthy work environment and extremely hard on the body.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCApril 25, 2016
I come in and shovel dry ice to go in the boxes of chicken, which isn't my job to begin with. I go in the warehouse and find pilots to stack the boxes on which again isn't my job. I stack boxes coming from three different lines and they're coming fast. All while making sure I have pilots to stack on and making sure I don't run out of ice. On a typical night I was doing the work of three people by myself and somehow management expects me not to fall behind. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many people from different cultures. There were Africans, Asians, Mexicans, Dominicans, and Indians. I was able to learn about they're culture and even learn a little of their language.
Productive and cold workplace.
Poultry Processor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 8, 2016
Wayne Farms is a very productive job. I've learned how to cut up a whole chicken. Management and co-workers are easy to get along with everyday. Hardest part is actually cutting the chicken and most enjoyable part is being able to talk to your co-workers.
Enjoyable place to work.
AR/Credit Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Creating the relationships within the company and with the customers. The benefits were good. Some really good people in upper management.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Over loading the productive individuals.
Exicting and never a dull moment
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 29, 2016
My work experience at Wayne farms was very exciting and never a dull moment...I got in the and went right to work no time for slacking. in no time I was a lead man and leading the crew...I had perfect attendance and was always on time and that how I made it where I was!!
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Short breaks cold weather
Bad management
PRODUCTION/LEAD PERSON/ADAGE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALNovember 1, 2015
I am disappointed to know I worked for this unproffesional company for 5 years. The supervisors do not work honestly. They are unprofessional and show favoritism.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Wayne was a great place to work. If help was needed they would find a way.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALJanuary 26, 2016
i started out every morning checking the trailers that came in the night before. Some had boxes, ingreadents, plastics and the PPE for the plant. i kept up with what orders were to be filled so i could have the plastics andboxes for it to go in. With that i had to keep the COA on all of the material that touched the chicken down to what manufacture date and time.
Had to keep up with the maintance deptarment and get with was needed on a daily basis. turned auto reorder over 2 a week unless it was needed more. Moved my way up from the chicken line to purchasing manager in the 9 years i was there. the most enjoyable for me was the wheeling and dealing on the parts for the maintance deptartment. Did enjoy keeping up with the work orders so the correct amount of money was charged to the correct place.
Pros
worked at your own pass some days
Cons
When something came in wrong and you had to hurry and find what is needed.
Created Load Plans for all facilities
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAApril 12, 2016
I was employed as a temporary worker while someone was away.

I Ran the daily, weekly and monthly reports, using Wayne Farms' Warehouse Management system (based on SAP Business Objects), plus reports from our 3PLs, Excel and Access, for analyzing cost of shipping and warehousing of both Fresh and Further Processed product.

I created a spreadsheet for analyzing the inventory based on forecasts for sales and production. I would track loads that could be optimized by placing more orders or additional stops, on a
truck, which optimizes the truck shipments and decreases the cost of shipping per pound. I would also track the shipments by rail carriers and processed for payment all rail freight bills.

Learning about the rail carriers was a something new. They have their own schedule and it really did not matter whether or not in coincided with our schedule. It was a running joke in the office.

The office and people I worked with were very professional and a joy to work with. They helped and explained things when needed and always seemed to be happy to be there.

In the end they did not have a place for me once my time ended, I would have loved to stay.
Pros
Very relaxed and easy going, but very professional staff
Cons
Can't think of a Con
productive and fine work place
Regular Employee (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMarch 21, 2016
in Wayne farms I got a great time with the employer and the supervisors. I learn a lot things and I got a good experience in the plant. They give me a very opportunity to learn the finished check nuggets, fillets and the side by side check fillets and nuggets.
Pros
they give us a free luch every year gift cards for chritmas and bons for recomend a new employer
Cons
shorts breake, the schedule was very strong
Kings Hawaiian
Processer (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAApril 29, 2016
Great place to work and also smells great inside the warehouse. They give you the training to move around in the company or to move up. They cross train you in every department. I started off as a packer and learned to run the machines, trained how to inspect and finally became a trainer myself
Pros
fast pace friendly enviroment
Cons
it gets very cold
Very intersting place to work.
Evis/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, ALMay 8, 2016
I would recommend Wayne farms to anyone who is looking to make money fast and move up to management quickly. The management team consists mostly of former hourly workers, who are very patient all be it playful.
Pros
plenty of breaks, eight hour shifts, weekends off
Cons
low starting pay
hard work and they work u to death
Packing, scale operator (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCJuly 16, 2016
money is good but still not enough for what u have to put up with and do. its cold and nasty and there also needs be more break time
Pros
money
Cons
the job and people u have work with
Ready to Go Back
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALAugust 18, 2016
It is a lot of hard work but you received an nice check at the end of the week. You are paid weekly and they also set up 401K and other plans for cellular phones and nice devices.
cold workplace and labor is kinda hard on your body
Pack Out Worker (Former Employee) –  Danville, ARMay 12, 2016
constant movement over time make your body parts sore/hurt
some, but supervisors are understanding and easy to get along with, if you have a problem they will try to fix it
Cons
short breaks cold weather
Good company with good benefits
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJuly 14, 2016
The people are great and the benefits are great. The job entails a huge amount of stress though. There is a lack of support given in this role.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALApril 19, 2016
The work place at Wayne Farms is like family, you feel at home right away. I enjoyed my time interning at Wayne Farms. The work environment was very clean and organized.
good job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, ARAugust 21, 2016
Working and wayne farms is a lot of work due to it being a plant, but it is a good place to work. All the co-workers are very nice.
Interesting
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALApril 28, 2015
Wayne Farms is a great place to work if that is all that you want out of a career. From my view I know that there is no support from anyone . I consider myself to be the best employee that the supervisors has ever seen but , because I am a person that do my job and do it well plus do things that is not in my job description I feel like I get disrespected by everyone . As far as management , I think that it should be a new crew. I have never worked for a group of people that didn't care about the employees feel until now and that is why it time for me to move on.
Pros
When its time to go hiome
Cons
No respect
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, ALApril 26, 2016
It could get really cold inside building but as work the warmer it got but overall I liked it . The people were very friendly and from all over the place to just work there.