Wayne Farms Employee Reviews

Wayne Farms is Family.
Live Hanger (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 26, 2017
They tell you at orientation that we are family here at Wayne Farms and they mean it. I had a tire with a slow leak and my supervisor stay over after his shift to help me plug my tire! Great poultry processing plant.
fun workplace
Product recorder (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 23, 2017
constant working, easy job. lots of people to communicate with, lots of hours of work, the enjoyable apart is communicating with variety of people,,,,
Potential for good benefits
Debone (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 17, 2017
Decent place to work and make a living. Some days are more unbearable than others. As long as everyone reports to work and does their work, it's decent. There are too many people in Management that don't care about the work and employees. Some of the Supervisors expected too much from the workers. Some of the Supervisors used retaliation on certain employees. I had a few encounters with race related issues with a Manager, and nothing was ever done. Towards the end of the changes the company made, they never paid the employees the back pay that they were owed. I left the company still being owed for work that I performed.
Pros
Nice money and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Production Matters Most
ME/1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 5, 2017
As far as the individuals you wok with, they're typical. It's what you'd expect from work among a hundred individuals -- a lot of mess. So for the most part in just stay to yourself and do your job and try as best as possible to avoid the mess. As far as the administration, they could care less about the employee. As long as productions made, they are happy...
Pros
The pay is worth the bs
Cons
Product first
loved it
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALApril 11, 2017
I must say, this is one of the jobs that you will enjoy its all about helping people and giving the customers what they deserve very respectable people
Fun and Professional
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jack, ALMarch 29, 2017
Take care of their employees and They offer many benefits
Provide many learning experiences
Provide most work supplies needed to do the jobs
Training is also provided for the jobs offered
hard work easy money
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AL 35601March 16, 2017
great job for anybody that has a felony or someone who does not have any experience they also train you but its very cold its like 40 degrees in there everyday and it stinks real bad because of the raw chicken
Pros
good money
Cons
just a temp job
Assembly Line Worker
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day at Wayne Farms included working side by side with other employees on an assembly line. As each chicken passed an employee a specific job was required. My job was to cut the breast exposing it allowing the next person an opportunity to finish cutting it off the chicken.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
It was constantly cold.
Very physically demanding
Debone (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 27, 2017
It was a very hard place to work. It's cold and very fast paced. You get dirty, nasty, stinky, and will be in quite a bit of pain the whole time you work there.
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Danville, ARFebruary 14, 2017
really enjoyed working here learned some good traits and liked the jobs i done i learn fast and love a good workplace i believe if u work hard then u will succed
Easy money.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCJanuary 22, 2017
I personally enjoyed working at Wayne Farms. If you don't mind handling raw chicken and cutting it up to be processed and packaged, then this is the job for you. There is plenty of opportunities to advance in the company and raises are always being given out because they understand that you have to keep your workers motivated in a job that is so tiring on your hands and feet. It isn't necessarily a hard job, just straining on your muscles.
Productive very fast past.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 15, 2016
The job was OK. It the management that needs to learn how to talk to there employees. It would be a great place to work if management would talk to there employees with respect.
Blank
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCNovember 15, 2016
i enjoyed working at Wayne farms. We stayed busy and consistent. The supervisors are knowledgeable and willing to assist. I feel I gained a lot of helpful skills
El ambiente es un poco cargado
Empleado General (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 2, 2016
El ambiente en ma wayne era un poco cargado, te tenian en vela todo el tiempo.
Productive environment
Machine Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 1, 2016
I really appreciated Wayne farms for employment and stability for the time being that I was an employee there. They offered competitive wages and income to provide for me and my family the drive was just to far for me. I was offered a position closer and more suitable for me considering my own personal circumstances.
Pros
Compensation, Healthcare
Cons
No life
No life
B&b operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 21, 2016
I'm a b&b operator on 2nd shift. I work my butt off every day. It seems like the lazier you are the more money you make. The management is a joke. They will make you work in the heat all night then go work in the cold. You have no life at this job. Work 6 to 7 days a week. Work days starts at 3:30 but never know what time you'll get off. Once I'm gone from this place I'll never return.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No life, don't know what time you'll get off, management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, ALSeptember 20, 2016
It was a good job with great benefits. The management was great & the workers was all friendly. I was a dboner on a assembly line. We had five assembly lines where we had different jobs for example some of us cut tenders, cut wings, & ect...
Pros
Manageable breaks
good job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, ARAugust 21, 2016
Working and wayne farms is a lot of work due to it being a plant, but it is a good place to work. All the co-workers are very nice.
Ready to Go Back
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Jack, ALAugust 18, 2016
It is a lot of hard work but you received an nice check at the end of the week. You are paid weekly and they also set up 401K and other plans for cellular phones and nice devices.
stable environment, benefits, great wages
OVEN TECH (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 17, 2016
I really appreciate Wayne farms for employment and stability for the years I was employed. competitive wages and income to provide for my family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayne Farms. Our community is ready to answer.