Financial Service , Controller
Reporting directly to the CFO, this position will be responsible for the general accounting functions including completion of the month-end close process, weekly and monthly financial reporting and responsibility for the budgeting process. Ensuring compliance with all regulating agencies will be critical in this role. This position supervises three departments.
Education & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in health care accounting preferred
- Experience in reimbursement, internal audit, budgeting, financial analysis required
- CPA Certification Preferred
- Experience Managing a department
- Proactive in identifying issues and implementing innovative solutions
- Strong analytical, communication, and delegation skills
- Strong decision-making skills...ability to use sound judgment and challenge assumptions when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables at one time.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems for the control of hospital assets and the preparation of complete and accurate financial information/records.
- Manage budget preparations, rate revisions, and subsequent variance analysis with actuals
- Maintenance of general ledger, preparation of quarterly wage reports, filing of quarterly wage reports
- Develops, implements, and maintains entire budgeting process including monitoring and reporting hospital and departmental performance.
- Provides financial analysis of operations to identify areas for cost reduction, improved cash flow, and revenue enhancement
- Provides timely, complete, and accurate financial reports and analyses for presentation to monthly Board of Trustee’s meetings
- Supervise accounting, payroll, and accounts payable personnel.
- Perform variance analysis and interpret operating results as they affect financial aspects and make specific recommendations, which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure timely reporting and entry of financial data into our financial reporting systems
Wayne HealthCare is a tobacco free environment. We no longer hire tobacco users.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard