Financial Services, Controller
Full Time, Day Shift
Reporting directly to the CFO, this position will be responsible for the general accounting functions including completion of the month-end close process, weekly and monthly financial reporting and budgeting process. Ensuring compliance with all regulating agencies will be critical in this role. This position supervises three departments.
Education & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in health care accounting preferred
- Experience in reimbursement, internal audit, budgeting, financial analysis required
- CPA Certification Preferred
- Experience Managing a department
- Proactive in identifying issues and implementing innovative solutions
- Strong analytical, communication, and delegation skills
- Strong decision-making skills...ability to use sound judgment and challenge assumptions when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables at one time.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems for the control of hospital assets and the preparation of complete and accurate financial information/records.
- Manage budget preparations, rate revisions, and subsequent variance analysis with actuals
- Maintenance of general ledger, preparation of quarterly wage reports, filing of quarterly wage reports
- Develops, implements, and maintains entire budgeting process including monitoring and reporting hospital and departmental performance.
- Provides financial analysis of operations to identify areas for cost reduction, improved cash flow, and revenue enhancement
- Provides timely, complete, and accurate financial reports and analyses for presentation to monthly Board of Trustee’s meetings
- Supervise accounting, payroll, and accounts payable personnel.
- Perform variance analysis and interpret operating results as they affect financial aspects and make specific recommendations, which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure timely reporting and entry of financial data into our financial reporting systems
Interested applicants should submit a resume to Human Resources
Wayne HealthCare is a Tobacco Free facility. We no longer hire Tobacco users.