Job Title: Physician Practice Administrator
Responsible To: V.P. Financial Services
Manage all aspects of practice operations, staff support, systems, and procedures such that overall operations enhance provider productivity and meet or exceed the practice financial, growth, and customer satisfaction goals. Provide overall administrative direction and coordination of a multi-site, off-site practices.
Education & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a business or medical related field of study desired with previous work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or medical related field of study with a minimum of five years of experience in practice management required.
- Experience in a physician practice with front office, billing and collections, and other daily operations
- Provide administrative direction and coordination of current and long range policies, procedures and programs of a multi-site Wayne HealthCare Physician Office practices
- Establish schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower, space and equipment to ensure effective patient care and provide conformance with efficient clinic service commitments at multi-site practices.
- Determine fiscal requirements and approve budgetary recommendations for the practice; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations to coordinate practice business, accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Direct the compilation of and/or prepare operational and financial reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Represent the practices in meetings, conferences and maintenance activities with Wayne HealthCare
- Direct and coordinate various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules; coordinate the training of new personnel.
- Coordinates, implements and maintains financial controls (with input of Controller and Internal Audit)
- Assure all income received is allocated appropriately and accounted for on a daily, monthly basis.
- Maintains operational systems and procedures to assure compliance with regulatory agencies (eg, OSHA, CLIA, CMS) and other regulatory guidelines (eg, HIPAA).
- Assuring physician input into personnel processes as appropriate.
- Act as advisor to all departments with regard to all equipment service needs.
- Attend seminars, workshops and professional affiliation meetings.
- Maintain professional affiliation with all applicable organizations.
- Attend meetings and participate on Committees as required.
- Develop and prepare annual operating budget.
- Investigate incidents and prepare incident reports.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance and safety programs.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Promote good employee relations and interdepartmental relations.
- Provide in-services.
- Evaluate performance and initiate, recommend personnel actions.
- Select, orientate, schedule, assign, direct and supervise department’s personnel.
- Interpret policies and procedures.
- Apply cost effective measures in department’s operations.
- Maintain records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.