Wayne Memorial Hospital

Wayne Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

small rural hospital
RN (Current Employee), Honesdale, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: feeling part of a team to care for others
Cons: not always feeling appreciated as much as i should be
I love what I do as a phlebotomist, however unless I go back to school I will not move forward or have any opportunity for advancement. At this time I have no desire to go back to school but I would like more of a challenge in my work and an opportunity to expand my skills and experience. I enjoy my work at the nursing homes and enjoy getting outside of the hospital on occassion by working at health fairs in the middle and high schools in the area drawing blood for routine health screenings. My co-workers and I get along fairly well and some of us are friends outside of the workplace. We often learn from eachother and I value their advice. The hardest part of my job is dealing with negative people. I enjoy helping people, encouraging them, and helping their health care providers to deliver the best possible care as though they were my own family.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at Wayne Memorial is the same as my last review. I was previously employed on 2nd floor which was post-surgery and orthopedics. I did not enjoy this floor. It was too stressful, and the nurse to patient ratio was entirely too high for a surgical floor in my opinion.
great
Medical Technician Inter (Former Employee), Jesup, GANovember 17, 2014
Pros: free cafeteria food
Cons: short breaks
awesome job really loved the people I was working with. I will definitely go back to this job if we relocate to this area.
Hard to work for sometimes
ER Clerk (Current Employee), Jesup, GAOctober 15, 2014
The management here is just a little insane and unorganized. I've learned to check insurances and to be able to help patients.
Great co-workers
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: making people happy and feeling like youre actually making a difference.
Cons: losing a life
A typical day at work consisted of being able to interact with people and care for older people that cant take care of themselves. I learned that it is very important to the community that we take care of our elder generation. The management was okay and the co-workers were actually pretty great. When my father died they were there to support me. The hardest part of the job was when people died and taking them to the morgue. The most enjoyable part was the adrenaline rush that comes from CPR.
YOU WOULD LOVE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANY
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 3, 2014
THE THREE PLACES ARE GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR. I ENJOY ALL THE TIME I WORK FOR THEM ,I MOVE AND THATS WHY TWO OF THE PLACES I LEFT, DEL WEBB AND JOHNSTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. I'M NOT LOOKING TO LEAVE WAYNE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL,JUST LOOKING SOMETHING PART TIME THAT ALL. I LOVE THAT HOSPITAL,I JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE INCOME COMING IN THAT ALL.
Employees get floated all throughout the hospital, makes for a stressful job
Pediatric Unit Secretary & Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJune 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: floating
You apply for a certain position for a reason, not to be floated to places you would rather not go. The staff are friendly, pay is good, atmosphere is nice. Wayne has lost a large amount of really great workers due to floating employees from place to place. You could actually be floated several times throughout your shift.
Productive and welcoming work enviroment
Social Worker (Current Employee), Honesdale, PAMay 18, 2014
Fast paced, personal, and exciting work. The staff that I worked with from each discipline has been wonderful.
Exceptional patient satisfaction and team effort.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Honesdale, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: very willing to work around schedule and provide overtime.
Cons: scheduling errors
Work at WMH has been a wonderful experience. I have worked here for almost two years and the staff and patients are always pleasant. Everyone works together to provide excellent patient care. I would continue employment here if there were advanced positions open.
Internship
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee), Jesup, GAApril 5, 2014
Followed all HIPPA guidelines and used patient identifiers.
Prepared specimens for analysis and established proper chronological priorities in testing.
Performed diagnostic and therapeutic laboratory procedures.
Quickly responded to and resolved all customer service issues in a timely manner.
Managed specimen sample handling, receiving, storage and inventory.
Quickly mastered Meditech system.
Overall nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), NCMarch 25, 2014
There is not much room for advancement. Good benefits overall. My co-workers are wonderful. It has been a great place to begin my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with patients and co-workers and continual learning.
CARING FOR THE PUBLIC IS THE BESTAND NUMBER ONE PRIORITY WITH THIS COMPANY
ER REGISTRATION CLERKUNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
WORKED WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 20 PLUS YEARS AND ITS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS CARING FOR THE PUBLIC AND PATIENTS. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWESOME.
Extremely difficult place for me to work. The enviromental climate was unique at best.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Very hard work especially on the Med-Surg/Ortho Unit. Not very welcoming to newcomers especially those coming from a different geographical location whose life experience differed from theirs. It was my experience that unless you came from that same area getting people to be team players was extremely difficult, which made giving quality care to the patients difficult. The Renal Unit had a great nurse manager, however she had a difficult time managing the climate around her.
Very great for first time nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great teaching hospital
Cons: must know somebody in order to get ahead
Great nursing experience starting off as a new graduate RN.
Slow paced work envirornment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Honesdale, PADecember 23, 2013
My typical day at work was collecting specimens from patients at 6:30am and having specimens back to the laboratory by 7:30. Then I would continue to draw outpatients from 8am to the time I left at 330. A lot of days I would be chosen to go to the emergency room to collect specimens from someone brought in through ambulance or persons that were hurt. I also was the one that would go to labor and delivery and collect specimens from newborns and do their new born screens before they were to go home. My co-workers were fun to work with. Very polite and were there for you whenever you needed their help.
LARGE LAB FAMILY ATMOSPHERE
MLT (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: badge swiping for purchases
Cons: too far to commute
VERY BUSY LAB PERFORMING IN-HOUSE SERVICES AND OUTPATIENT SERVICES. MY FIRST JOB OUT OF SCHOOL, SO I MADE LOTS OF GREAT FRIENDS.
generally a good group of caring people.
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 28, 2013
A medium size hospital, full of friendly and caring people.
Great Job
CNA (Former Employee), Jesup, GASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches
They are very nice people to work for. They are very helpful and professional people. I really enjoyed working for them.
Excellent work place, coworkers and some physicians. Great financial compensation, if you work hard!
Preoperative Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Honesdale, PAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: poor leadership
Loved going to work. Some days difficult w/difficult physicians,
and poor management. Loved all hospital related staff and dept. .
Very involved in SERVICE EXCELLENCE AND teaching when given the opportunity to exercise my background. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the DON of Nursing who was non nurturing to staff and who did not follow principles of Service Excellence herself.
I love the acton of an OR, always new and exciting. Like a Box of
Chocholates!
clerk
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Honesdale, PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: ok to work for
Cons: someon had it in for your father and take it out on you
i resgistion clerk i check people in the er and took there information down