Wayne Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very productive career, can advance in time
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 26, 2017
Somedays really busy. other days, you kind of hit and miss. You learned to be flexible. Management, is pretty balanced. There you stick to the book. Sometimes you're not always busy. PTO, time,
Pros
Discounts, and first opprotunity at job postion, that do become available.
Cons
Back to work asap.
management provides for a hostile enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PAJune 28, 2017
if a working team began to become comfortable in the security of knowing that they could work together safely as a team, middle management would do whatever they could to cause disruption in that situation.
Good Stress
Lab Technician/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 22, 2017
Started each shift by cleaning out my phlebotomy tray and replenishing the supplies I would need for the day. Work check the station to see if I had any specimens to draw or if I needed to help with out patients. after I completed my draws I would check on the ER to see if they needed any extra help because it was always backed up. At the end of my shift I would inform the next shift of anything of concern and tell them about some critical patients that needed someone else to be in the room with them.
Was able to learn how to work at the front desk in the out patient lab to learn how to register specimens and type up lab draws. Got very proficient on the MediTech program my hospital used.
Pros
People/Environment
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honesdale/Pike/Hamlin/Carbondale/VandlingJune 19, 2017
Worked there for years. Don't waste your time. Certain rules apply to certain people instead of everyone. They offer positions to non qualified people. Administration is very unorganized.
Great work area
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 19, 2017
By far my favorite job. I learned so much working in the emergency room. I enjoyed learning about things I have never seen or heard of before. I would recommend this job to others.
Wayne Memorial Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PAJune 16, 2017
Wayne Memorial hospital is an 80 bed hospital with nice family orientated coworkers. The salary is comparable to local hospitals but you are much more appreciated there as far as nurses week, Christmas parties and other ways of showing staff appreciation vs working in a big corporate hospital. The patient assignment is about 7 to 8 patients per RN.
fast pace, nice people . good benifits
Nursing Assistant and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 7, 2017
a typical day with enough staff for patients need is fine as long as we have team work. Sometime management is not focus on staffing to make sure we are not over loaded. working under staff is the hardest part of the job. meeting a lot of nice patient and families. Also making a difference to patients. As long as every staff is treated equal no matter what their title is and having team work l makes it a lot smoother and happier to work
productive fun and quick paced workplace
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAMay 25, 2017
Wayne Memorial Hospital is an enjoyable work environment with plenty of room for learning and advancement. Friendly, outgoing co-workers make spending time there enjoyable.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Enjoyable experience overall
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAMay 4, 2017
Nice place, great people, poor department management. It was a good place for me to get started and have experience in a medical environment. Not too sure if I would stay longer though.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Craziest inconsistency
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 2, 2017
Nothing has ever changed to make the atmosphere better in over 14 years. Rules & consistency are terrible. Pay very good, but nothing makes up for the terrible attitudes of that place.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
poor attitudes, poor rules
Excellent place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAApril 24, 2017
Many opportunities for advancement. Great place to work. Fun environment. Great benefits. Great teaching hospital. Friendly staff members. Excellent place.
Productive and fun workplace with some fantastic coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAApril 19, 2017
I loved the experience I got working here. For a small hospital this place is top notch. I will always be grateful for the opportunities they afforded me to work in other areas of the hospital, such as ER and ICU.
Pros
Coworkers
Small comunity Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAApril 8, 2017
Small community hospital that takes care of most any type of patient of all ages from pediatrics to adults. Those who work there have worked there for years, and make it uncomfortable for new employees.
Pros
benifits and get paid
Cons
Small comunity everybody knows everybody.
Worst place I have ever worked.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 6, 2017
Fellow staff nurses did not conduct themselves in professional manner. Management I had contact with were very inexperienced, and did not address problems with staff attitudes or lack of manners/respect for others. Very disappointing job for me!
Pros
Pharmacy for staff to utilize to fill prescriptions.
I have enjoyed my 11 years at Wayne memorial
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  2nd floorMarch 13, 2017
I love the unit I work on and my co workers. We work on a busy unit and work together as a team. I have enjoyed my 11 years at this company and would recommend this place Of employment
IV Tech
IV Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 10, 2017
This was a great place to work but at the time I needed full time Day hours. I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed the job I did there. The hardest part of the job was when we had to go into the patients rooms to check their IV so we could schedule them .
Productive and good work environment
Logistical / Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day at work involves processing incoming and outgoing supplies, delivering supplies, working on pyxis stations, restocking shelves.

I have learned a lot in the 7 years i have been here and moved up in positions, from basic receiving and stocking to maintaining the pyxis stations and handling / researching inventory issues to make sure everything is accurate as possible.

The work place is a good place to work, at times relaxed and other times busy. We always get breaks as necessary and get treated very well.

We get competitive pay and plenty of benefits.

The hardest part of the job is when multiple workers may be out sick or on vacation, we cross train in our department to help cover for them.
Pros
competitive pay, dental, medical, Pto
Cons
short staffed
good place to work
Radiology Intern (Johnston Community College) (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day was pretty busy, so if you like a busy work day this is the place to work. They all work together to complete tasks efficiently.
A good community hospital
IV supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 27, 2016
Good work environment and ample room for advancement. Building is maintained to "like new" curb appeal. Has a progressive department of pharmacy.
Pros
Non stress environment
Cons
I cannot think of any detrimental remarks
productive and fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 21, 2016
I learned a lot. I was able to interact with patients and doctors. I have an overall fantastic time there. I was treated well, the staff was friendly and exciting to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayne Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Wayne Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location