Wayne Memorial Hospital

Wayne Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Best work experience I've had yet.
Materials Management Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 17, 2016
I worked for the materials management department for almost six years. I was responsible for making sure medical supplies were distributed properly throughout the hospital's campus. It was also necessary to take accurate inventory counts and communicate with medical staff regarding supplies.

The pay and benefits for my position were very fair. The warehouse I worked in was very clean and efficient. I was encouraged to voice my opinion and management listened.

I ultimately left because I had family working at Wayne Memorial and needed to branch out on my own.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, great benefits.
Cons
Hours were tough at times. Hospitals are a 24/7 machine.
Best job I ever had...
Bio-medical equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 12, 2016
Couldn't have ask for better place to work. Nothing better than leaving work every day feeling you accomplish something and helped people.

EXCELLENT manager and co-workers.

Rotating 27/7 on-call schedule every 5 weeks...fair enough since everyone in shop participates.

Best people I ever worked for and with my entire career. Most all hospital staff friendly and cooperative.
Pros
EVERYTHING.
Cons
On-call
ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAJune 13, 2016
working at the hospital was ok for a pay check but when it came to upgrading into a different position, as a Housekeeper it seems as though you weren't worthy.
Pros
it is ok for pay check
Cons
no offers to move up into different areas of the job
Mangement is a great position to have with the Alpha Home
E.R. Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHSeptember 8, 2016
I worked with a team that had to be rebuild and given the chance to stand out to hospital's for admission being privately owned.
Pros
Education
Cons
120 hours everyweek
Great work environment
CNA (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAFebruary 6, 2016
This is a wonderful learning hospital. The nurses and supervisors are helpful and great about teaching and explaining things you do not understand. The employees feel more like family and they are very inviting. Though, it can be busy, the group of nurses make it feel like it flies by. Sometimes, when census is low, people get called off or put on call making them lose pay and that is definitely a downside.
Excellet ongoing education
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAFebruary 12, 2016
My experience at WMH was very positive as far as patient care. The most recent Nurse Manage was always rude and would not take you aside if she had something to say to you, whether good or bad.
I learned so very much at WMH..such as palliative care for Cancer patients, diabetes, heart disease!
Cons
MGMT
very busy hospital.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2700 Wayne Memorial Dr, Goldsboro, NCApril 7, 2016
Not a bad place to work. the hardest part of the job is coming in at night to work. It's a busy hospital. the hospital is growing they have now partnered with UNC hospital.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
working nights
Great people just no room for growth.
Food Service Associate III Wayne Memorial Hospital (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 19, 2015
My daily duties are taking all meal orders including breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Use the handheld tablet which encompasses health touch software to ensure the patients are getting only the items that agree with their diets through the physician’s orders
Prepare nourishment snacks for diabetic patients to be served after dinner.
Fill the requisitions and deliver the needed inventory for the nourishment room for the floor assigned.
Assist on the tray line by preparing all trays following the menus for that patient
Assist in the pot room breaking down and discarding food from the food trucks- so all of the soiled dishes can be washed, sanitized, and dried.
Pros
Meet a lot of great people
Cons
No room to grow into management role, and low pay
CERTIFIED CENTRAL STERILE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 10, 2016
A great place to work and grow. You have to have teamwork in any department you work in to have an easy workflow. We strive to have that in our deapartment.
Wayne Memorial has great learning opportunities
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
A very pleasant work place. Ive been working here for 2 years. I taught new employees how to collect specimens. The hardest part of my job would be working 7 consecutive days. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working 7 days straight
Friendly work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GADecember 2, 2015
The work atmosphere of this small town hospital is one of friendliness and support. Everyone is very helpful and welcoming to new employees. There are many new nurses working in the hospital so it is sometimes difficult to find senior nurses who have more experience. The wages here are lower to some surrounding hospitals and unfortunately they do not offer advancement for their nurses (no tuition assistance or reimbursement).
Pros
friendly work environment, good communication with management
Cons
lack of growth, wages
On your feet, educational, and challenging
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAFebruary 1, 2016
It is a very busy place, a typical day for me begins with drawing morning collection and rounding throughout the hospital, nursing homes, and home draws. Also we cover Outpatient satellites if need be. I have learned a lot at Wayne, its very diverse in responsibilities which I think is my favorite part about it. It is very home like, I get along with almost everyone. My coworkers are my family, I love them all very much. The hardest part of the job for me I would have to say is the on calls and call offs. Also their is not much disciplinary action taken for this. My schedule is unpredictable and almost impossible sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the education. I have learned a lot about processing specimens and I was recently certified in DOT collection training, now also responsible for ordering inventory for the lab.
Pros
Its close to home
Cons
Doesn't require certification for phlebotomy, or experience, low wages, poor management, poor disciplinary action
had fun shadowing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 28, 2016
i volunteer here for a little while
employee was great to be around
a typical day is very busy and demanding
i overall loved it
Challenging but rewarding
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAOctober 26, 2015
Was extremely excited to be hired here. Pretty good staff - nurses / doctors etc. Lack of consistent management in my department. People who are supposed to be equals were allowed to micromanage each other - very frustrating. Decent pay and benefits - other than drama in my own department - really enjoy the work.
Pros
Decent pay / benefits
Cons
Poor management
Wayne Memorial Hospital was my very first CNA job right out of high school and i really enjoyed working there and made so many good friends.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 7, 2015
It was so nice working at WMH while i did. I enjoyed meeting all those new people that became like family to me and always had my back no matter what the situation. Even tho i am no longer employed there i still maintain connections with some of my former co-workers and miss them so very much! The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know someone new every day because the patients were always in and out in no time at all! i would take vital signs learn their code status, diet prescribed, how well they can walk and if they can go to the restroom alone.
Pros
All of the great co-workers i met and worked with
Cons
The cafeteria took up alot of my paycheck
Productive and Busy work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PAOctober 2, 2015
I learned a lot from the nurses and supervisors that I worked with and enjoyed working with each and everyone of them. They worked with me on scheduling while I attended school for my nursing degree and they also paid my tuition for school.
Wayne Memorial Hospital
HIM Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work and I would love to work there again. Great people and great benefits. I have the experience to work here again, if someone would give me a chance.
Fun and family friendly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAJuly 23, 2015
A very small hospital. Pulled to different departments often so you are able to gain new knowledge and new skills. Family friendly and fun environment. Easy to move around the facility. Hires a lot of new grads so a great place to gain experience.
Great small town place
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAApril 20, 2015
Working at Wayne Memorial was awesome when I was there. There isn't much room for advancement, but it is a good place to be. Respiratory Management was easy do deal with, only problem there is they believe and practice that "good ol' boy club" business. Not a lot of respect given to women clinicians.
Pros
Easy employees, good manager
Cons
Poor hospital culture
Great Rural Hospital In The Pocono's
Full Time RRT RCP (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Great local hospital tucked away in North East PA's Pocono Mountains yet not to far from the city of Scranton, PA and a couple hours drive from New York City. Just about everyone from the CEO to staff physicians, nurses and therapists are on a first name basis. Although the hospital may be "small" as compared to 500+ bed trauma centers, it can be very challenging to even seasoned therapists as one has to be ready for just about anything that comes through the doors. It's easy to describe the the facility and its staff as "Great People - Great Medicine!"
Pros
small department - very family oriented and has a team attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayne Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Wayne Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location