Wayne State University Physician Group

Wayne State University Physician Group Employee Reviews

Literally. The Absolute WORSE place I have ever worked.
Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are very intelligent and friendly
Cons: Leadership is useless, paranoid, and slimey
Worked as a triage nurse in the call center (Consumer Relations). If you are a nurse who wants the best for your patients.....This is NOT the place for you. You are a message taker to very angry, neglected patients. You will find yourself literally begging the clinics to follow up on patient requests. You are Not a Triage Nurse. Management has absolutely NO clinical experience. The relationship between the clinics and the call center is poor. HR and management are paranoid and afraid of the doctors. Unlike us nurses, who are capable of communicating with physicians openly and constructively, HR is horrified of them. If you, as a nurse attempt to facilitate communication between the two VERY SEPERATE entities that by the way, happen to exist under the same umbrella without permission from leadership...you will be FIRED! Never bring a physicians attention to the call center because they are paranoid and afraid to deal with the doctors. Even if it is for the betterment of the patients you care about. This is the DUMBEST place I have ever worked. Don't leave your current job for this unless you work in an Outhouse, because this is nothing more than a DUMP. Good luck if you still want to accept a position there. Also, work/life balance sucks because they want you constantly on the phone. Clinical staff are required to work until 7pm most days, without compensation. You are supposed to leave work at 5:30. I stayed there 90 days and left. No way Jose!
Overworked, underpaid, understaffed place of employment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 14, 2015
Not paid enough
Physicians obsessed with financial income
Lack of quality patient care
Lack of integrity
Inappropriate behavior among ALL employees
So short staffed that medical assistants are working numerous doctors at the same time every day
Great work life balance.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 2, 2015
At UPG, the work load is very fair. I wish there was more opportunity to grow with the company. The employees are are very friendly in my department and that is definitely the best part with this company.
productive
Medical Assistant for Rhematology WSPG (Former Employee), DMC Building 8th Floor Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: 40 hours
Cons: too much caddyness between women in the workplace
if I could say anything was enjoyable it was Christmas party. and Free lunch everyday by Reps.
Great expierence
Certified Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 7, 2014
You learn a lot and are constantly introduced to challenges
Friendly envirnoment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 7, 2014
Come in and prep my rooms and schedule for the day. Make sure my rooms are stocked up and are ready for the day.
Very busy position with limited time with your patients
Audiologist (Former Employee), All clinicsApril 19, 2014
Pros: some physicians/chief of audiology
Cons: administration
Front receptionists in each clinic are very professional.as are some of the lead support staff
Administration inabilities limit your ability for long tenure.
Warm enviornment with great co-workers
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: hard getting paid-time off
A typical day at work is busy with calls to schedule appointments and other items. I've definitely learned how to multitask and brush up on my customer service and decision-making skills. The management is fine. They try to make good decisions that help their employees and that are in good standing with our corporate policies. My co-workers are awesome. It feelings like a real second family when we come into work everyday, especially on holidays. The hardest part of the job is taking the large volume of calls everyday and the most enjoyable part of the job is when I can make patients happy.
Great place to work.
CPC (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2013
Management is wonderful and my co-workers are the best. We work 7.5 hours daily in a 5 day work week.