Wayne State University Physician Group Employee Reviews in United States

Work Experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2016
It is a good company to gain human resources experience, At the time I was employed, the management team was great as well as my co workers. The organization offered incentives for employees (i.e. tickets to sporting events, concert events and etc.).
Pros
benefits, salary and co workers, management
Continuous change company
Healthcare Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 17, 2015
Wayne State University Physician Group has recently faced restructuring in its management structure. If you are looking make a difference this is the place for you.
Pros
great benefits
Production and Fast Paced Service
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 3, 2015
A very Excellent place to work at. The team was very helpful fun and responsible. This was a place where the management team treated you like an adult and talked to you with respect. I loved working with different people and being able to help others. Working there i was able to learn new things and develop new skills. Some of the things was challenging but with the right people and the right help i was able to make it happen.
Pros
Helping oters
Cons
not busy enough
A day working at Wayne State Physician Group
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing and obtaining what the patient needed or required. This happened very infrequently. I learned very early in my nursing career, if you wanted anything done correctly, you had to do it yourself. Some of the patients were very rude and demanding; others were just the opposite. I miss some of my ex-coworkers and doctors, but I don't miss any of the drama that occurred.
Pros
helping patients occassionally
Cons
staying late to finish work that should have been done by others
Literally. The Absolute WORSE place I have ever worked.
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 17, 2015
Worked as a triage nurse in the call center (Consumer Relations). If you are a nurse who wants the best for your patients.....This is NOT the place for you. You are a message taker to very angry, neglected patients. You will find yourself literally begging the clinics to follow up on patient requests. You are Not a Triage Nurse. Management has absolutely NO clinical experience. The relationship between the clinics and the call center is poor. HR and management are paranoid and afraid of the doctors. Unlike us nurses, who are capable of communicating with physicians openly and constructively, HR is horrified of them. If you, as a nurse attempt to facilitate communication between the two VERY SEPERATE entities that by the way, happen to exist under the same umbrella without permission from leadership...you will be FIRED! Never bring a physicians attention to the call center because they are paranoid and afraid to deal with the doctors. Even if it is for the betterment of the patients you care about. This is the DUMBEST place I have ever worked. Don't leave your current job for this unless you work in an Outhouse, because this is nothing more than a DUMP. Good luck if you still want to accept a position there. Also, work/life balance sucks because they want you constantly on the phone. Clinical staff are required to work until 7pm most days, without compensation. You are supposed to leave work at 5:30. I stayed there 90 days and left. No way Jose!
Pros
Coworkers are very intelligent and friendly
Cons
Leadership is useless, paranoid, and slimey
no job security
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 2, 2015
management does not look at you as humans and your job is not secure. no type of coaching or advancement available you will be stuck in the same chair in the same position for 20 years
A wonderful staff, a great place to work with an outstanding benefit package.
patient phone coordinator, and Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MichiganJuly 20, 2015
I worked with an amazing staff and a great group of Drs. It was great to come into the office work an eight hour shift and have a great time doing it. The management always gave us props for doing a good job and also we did receive a lot of perks.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
we never had any over time
Worst place I have ever worked.
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJune 18, 2016
To anyone reading this review; you are much smarter than I was! I did not bother to read any reviews before accepting a position with Wayne State UPG. My immediate co-workers were great to work with, however management within my department was absolutely horrible, and I was forced to leave.

Employees are not treated with respect in any way. I was treated rudely by management from day one, having never even met any of my managers. Not one of them bothered to call or email to introduce themselves before I started receiving rude emails about routine invoices for hearing aids. I have never experienced anything similar.

I have a doctorate degree, but was treated worse here than any other job I have had; even back when I was waitressing during high school my managers treated me more like a human being. I have never left a position because I was unhappy until now, and I have practically been forced out after only a few months.

I found out right after taking the position that there has been a high rate of turn-over in my department, and now I know why.

Multiple co-workers have the same complaints, there is no interest in good patient care, they only care about money and revenue. You will be stuck in the same position with no advancement or opportunity for raises, and you will be expected to work long hours, 50 plus for a salaried employee. If you try to improve care for your patients your ideas will be shot down.

There is absolutely no administrative support for clinical staff. Administrative managers have no clinical experience and no interest in understanding their
  more... doctors concerns or the patients needs. I was forced to provide terrible customer service by the working conditions. When I tried to reach out to mangers with even the smallest issue or question I was brushed off and given no help. Good riddence, I will never make this mistake again.  less
Pros
None. Patients were the only positive.
Cons
Management, lack of focus on patient care, poor treatment of employees and poor compensation.
Warm enviornment with great co-workers
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work is busy with calls to schedule appointments and other items. I've definitely learned how to multitask and brush up on my customer service and decision-making skills. The management is fine. They try to make good decisions that help their employees and that are in good standing with our corporate policies. My co-workers are awesome. It feelings like a real second family when we come into work everyday, especially on holidays. The hardest part of the job is taking the large volume of calls everyday and the most enjoyable part of the job is when I can make patients happy.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
hard getting paid-time off
Overworked, underpaid, understaffed place of employment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 14, 2015
Not paid enough
Physicians obsessed with financial income
Lack of quality patient care
Lack of integrity
Inappropriate behavior among ALL employees
So short staffed that medical assistants are working numerous doctors at the same time every day
Great work life balance.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 2, 2015
At UPG, the work load is very fair. I wish there was more opportunity to grow with the company. The employees are are very friendly in my department and that is definitely the best part with this company.
Great place to work.
CPC (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2013
Management is wonderful and my co-workers are the best. We work 7.5 hours daily in a 5 day work week.
productive
Medical Assistant for Rhematology WSPG (Former Employee) –  DMC Building 8th Floor Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2014
if I could say anything was enjoyable it was Christmas party. and Free lunch everyday by Reps.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
too much caddyness between women in the workplace
Great expierence
Certified Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 7, 2014
You learn a lot and are constantly introduced to challenges
Productive work place
Medical Biller/Front Desk Clerk-Accurately (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 4, 2013
This is a very high paced working enviroment busy work day every day. This company overall rating three star
Pros
i can see a physician the same day if i need to
Cons
healthcare
Friendly envirnoment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 7, 2014
Come in and prep my rooms and schedule for the day. Make sure my rooms are stocked up and are ready for the day.