Wayne State University

Wayne State University United States Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun working environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 24, 2015
I try to tackle my most demanding project. This is when I would write any important letters, work on a report, update
or refine a data sheet. I have the best co-worker, I have learned a lot from them also we have the best team and I enjoy working with them.
Great Place to Work
Graphic Designer - Student Center Graphics (Former Employee), DetroitApril 22, 2015
Wayne State University provides great opportunity to student workers, with very supportive management and stability.
it's a great university
Graduate Research Assistant / PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 16, 2015
it has a great research opportunities, gave me a the chance to think and develop ideas in the lab, also, gave me the chance to teach undergraduate and post graduate students
Fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Healthcare
Busy. Lots of concerns and issues. I learned that you have to have patients when you are dealing with the public. I enjoy working with co workers. This was a fun place to work
A Nice Place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: great health care, educational benefits
Cons: in some positions there is no room for advancement
I have worked at Wayne State University for over 20 years. I started as a Secretary I and have been able to learn new skills and obtain an education. My current position as a Research Assistant and my previous position as an Administrative Assistant I has provided with a greater outlook in my employment career.
Productive workplace in a laboratory
Senior Research Chemist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Using faulty equipment sometimes
Everyday, work is usually fast paced. I learned what it is like to work in an actual laboratory. Management is decent. My co-workers were friendly and cooperative people in the labs. The hardest part of the job was to synthesize a key product of interest, more so when I make something different in which the ratio for elements in a formula are not the same as the key compound I am researching. The most enjoyable part of working in the labs was actually gaining an experience from it.
This is a great opportunity for part-time and temporary workers.
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2015
My position as a SP has been a rewarding and beneficial experience. The hardest part of the job is rating medical students low based on their performance during test. The most rewarding part of the job is assisting Medical students as they develop their interpersonal skills and sharpening their interaction with patients.
Learned alot of customer service skills .
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2015
While being employed at Wayne State, I learned alot of customer service skills including how to properly answer phones, typing the client's responses and other assigned duties.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 5, 2015
Management is helping, great work culture, very supportive team mates. Got a lot to learn while working in on campus job.
I loved the study, reasearch and teaching culture of Wayne State University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 4, 2015
Cons: Full healthy care
I loved the study, reasearch and teaching culture of Wayne State University

I had the full access to do all the research ideas in my mind. And that's helped me to grow up very quick in research and development in the internal combustion engine research area.

I had the opportunity to teach mechanical course for undergraduate students and I learned many things about presentation skills
It was a good job to have as a student.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2015
The shifts were very flexible since all of the employees were students. The management made sure we were doing well in our classes and gave us time we needed to study.
Productive place to work
Clerical (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2015
While attending Wayne State University, I was challenged with 4 jobs total to pay for expenses. But having this position where I was able to supervise an office of 5 was very challenging and rewarding. However, I learned that it would be even more rewarding towards the end of my school year when I finally graduate where I'm able to utilize my overall skills. Management was awesome and very patient with the training and teaching skills concerning the overall job tasks. Co-workers were diligent in their skills and followed directions in all aspects of the job duties.
Great experience
Post-Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2015
After PhD, this was the first step towards job field. It was highly productive and motivating environment. I learned a lot being there both in technical fields and management of students.
Great place
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work! I love how the schedule is allowed to work with your classes. The boss is nice and there is a nice load of work: not too much, not too little.
Fun place to work
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), DetroitFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: none as of now
Good people. Helpful PhD staffs. Good distribution of knowledge. An excellent benchmark to set yourself up for any jobs in the future. Wonderful competitive spirit among the students.
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Good work environment. Management is good and systematic. Co-workers are friendly and very kind and generous. A very learning work experience.
Good school to get familiar with CIVIL Engineering
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Good school to get familiar with the concept of civil engineering. Also the equipments are provided to conduct research in the field of Structural Engineering.
A good place to learn
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2015
An excellent place especially for International students seeking opportunities. Could provide more scholarship awards.
Intellectually stimulating
Assistant (Clinical) Professor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible daily work schedule
Cons: financial uncertainty due to depending on state funding and student enrollement.
The job requires a high level of cognitive functioning while balancing teaching, scholarship and service while maintaining clinical competencies.
Good place to work with good professional environment
Student Assistant (Gradership) (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 2, 2015
The instructor to whom i am assigned, its his first job too in the department. So its always fun when we both sit and figure out our way to handle the work properly. So our way is not a strict professional regime which adds a bit of ease to our work.

1 2 3 4 5